Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    JB has to have a monster year if he wants to transfer. Brighton will probably be relegated this year. I dont see them winning many games.
    If you feel we will probably be relegated then how about a little bet?

If we get relegated, I will donate £50 (about $65) to a charity of your choice.

If we don’t get relegated you have to donate £25 (about $30) to a charity of my choice.

Believe enough to put your money where your mouth is?

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
      He means the championship. Stop making fun of it for likes.
      Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
      Are you dumb? This member is saying the other member meant championship of england and you are still on about champions league spots. even afterwards, you had to be silly for likes.

IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND DO NOT INSULT OUR MEMBERS!
      WARNED!
      Sorry Fun Police.

If we can’t take the piss out of such an obviously stupid post then maybe we should all pack in this Internet stuff in and just go and spend our spare time staring at a wall watching paint dry.

Comment

Brighton will stay in Premier league and Jahan will be a stablished part of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
          If you feel we will probably be relegated then how about a little bet?

If we get relegated, I will donate £50 (about $65) to a charity of your choice.

If we don’t get relegated you have to donate £25 (about $30) to a charity of my choice.

Believe enough to put your money where your mouth is?
          I agree, Brighton will not be relegated.
          They had a very brutal season start, which nearly all top-teams. Wait and see, they will establish themselves in the middle of the table.
          Games against Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield for example still haven´t been played.

Another bet, I am willing to make:
          They will make a minimum of 28-32 points this year at the Amex.
          Want to be bet?

Comment

Oddschecker bookies say Brighton are 50/1 to be the top club excluding the top 6. Bournemouth 11/2 (stay clear).
            Relegation odds are about 5/1

BetVictor give 66/1 for Bournemouth to be relegated (tempting).

Nice double there. Not much to choose between Bournemouth, Southampton, Palace and Brighton. With Fulham, they are the southern clubs.

A very good season would be to get 50+ points, undefeated at home against teams outside the top 6, top of the southern clubs, and play well in more than a few games.

Comment

Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?

Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                Did Eddie Howe do mean things to you as a child?
                Cardiff and Huddersfield as good as gone for me with Southampton joining them barring an early managerial change.
                Agree with the first two, not enough quality. Huddersfield should be recommended for staying up last season but they will pay for the lack of a quality striker. Cardiff have brought Championship players in preparation for the Championship next season and are just enjoying a season in the Premier League.

I think Newcastle joins them, unless Ashley gets a buyer for the club before the Jan transfer window.

Comment

Fixture changes: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/169...es-for-albion/

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh looks like a second striker to me

https://twitter.com/iranfutbolu/stat...et-for-iran%2F

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post

well he played RW. His positioning off a throw in isnt exactly proof lol.

Comment

Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Just like in the last BHA game he played, JB tends to currently spend most of the time as an out-and-out winger and then suddenly appear in the box unexpectedly.

I think, despite being a really well-rounded young fellow, he is low on confidence at the moment and wants to find some momentum by getting some goals. He seemed to be really hard on himself when he messed up two of his through-balls.
                          A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forwar...Second_striker

A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.

Comment

A number 8 rather than a number 10 (attacking midfielder): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forwar...Second_striker

A second striker can go wide as well as deep. With only one winger on the pitch if a number 10 (=Groß) is played as well.

Travelling time back (and body clocks, lack of training) from internationals says that both Alireza Jahanbakhsh and José Izquierdo will both miss out in the starting XI vs Newcastle. And Leon Balogun as well. Shane Duffy played the most football though: two full games.
                            I've never really thought of him as a second striker, you have to spend enough of the game loosely in the umbrella of positions which could be considered that (whether a shadow striker/auxiliary forward, deep lying forward or Thierry Henry style drifting inside forward), I think he can float into what you are suggesting but only for about 5% of the game. I just don't think that's enough to be considered a second striker.

For Iran we do actually have a real second striker who is Mehdi Taremi. He plays exactly the role of what you are mentioning (an inside forward who drifts out wide) and is largely effective at that apart from his poor finishing.

Having said that, it might be worth experimenting with Jahanbakhsh either in a support striker role drifting outward or a trequartista role. Certainly for Iran he's been rather ineffective as a winger and I want to see him have more impact. I don't know what the solution is because he is limited by Queiroz's very effective disciplined phalanx system which doesn't really prioritise JB's style of play.

Comment

I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                I would label ARJ as the Raumdeuter. This style of play came into existence after Thomas Mullers 2014 World cup performance. In essence the Raumdeuter attacks open space and can roam around the box.
                                I'd like him to have this role but let's be honest he spends most of the time in the wings.

Comment

Working...
                                X