No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brighton had a tough time yesterday. Tottenham cleary couple of levels above them. As of the 70th minute Alderweireld and Vertonghen were playing halfway up the field on Brighton's side as Brighton did not make any effort to create chances on the counter. As Cruijff would say 'offense is the best defence', by threatening with the counter Tottenham would not play so high up the field which would have given the Brighton defense a more easier task to defend.

Looking at JB, he did his job, nothing special, nothing bad. He knows how to pass a ball and shows quality in teamplay. I do think that he lacks defensive skills (especially positionally) as he was standing wrong while defending the left wing (with his back towards Rose, not in an open position) and sometimes closed the wrong side (outside, instead of the centre as Tottenham was clearly was trying to force through the middle) but this is nothing strange as he is a rightwinger and not a right back. Hope that Brighton stays in the EPL and that Jahanbakhsh could show his skillset more in the coming season; I do not think that the Championship is the right level for him.

Comment

I think he will still have offer this summer hope he will choose a better club but infortunately I know he is a hardworker and will stay but he will not progress offensively with this type of tactic, a team like wolwerhampton suit him more

Comment

LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          LOL..

Casual xenophobia. Honestly, I think that's partly why people are so hard on JB.

Comment

Thanks for posting the comments of their fans.

When you add it all up, it makes sense that the fans that post here write such rubbish about JB as well.

I watched the entire game yesterday.

He was a winger, midfielder, and right back the whole game.

Montoya wouldn't have stood a chance without ARJ in front of him.

In my opinion he did everything asked of him by CH in a game like this.

- Put in a really good shift defensively
            - Won a lot of loose balls and stopped a few potentially counter attacking opportunities.
            - Neutralized son(he is used to this as he has done this for years when we play korea)
            - He had some decent actions going forward as well.

I think regardless of if brighton stay up or go down(hopefully they go down), ARJ should leave this team.

The team and fan environment is toxic and this team is literally the MOST clueless team in the PL tactically.

They have no clear plan going forward and the support the attackers get from the midfield is abysmal.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
              Casual xenophobia. Honestly, I think that's partly why people are so hard on JB.
              There was one dude on twitter @wearebrighton who conflated iranians with foreign-sounding names, posting these images as evidence for "While the supporters of Jahanbakhsh might want to stone any gay people to death" back in December.

Not a single iranian name in there....

They really aren't the brightest mob. Shame because Brighton itself is quite a progressive city.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                There was one dude on twitter @wearebrighton who conflated iranians with foreign-sounding names, posting these images as evidence for "While the supporters of Jahanbakhsh might want to stone any gay people to death" back in December.

Not a single iranian name in there....

They really aren't the brightest mob. Shame because Brighton itself is quite a progressive city.
                Yes, I unknowingly followed him for a while before I realized all he did was talking shit about literally everything. Such a toxic person. Brighton fans have alot of nice people, but among them are real assholes with extremely negative and toxic behaviour.

Comment

I think most of them are normal fans. Emotional, stressed out with the situation they are in, etc. But they are not a very rich club, and they are in the brink of falling into the championship. Any bottom half EPL teams record signing will have high expectations! They expect him to score, and at times be a leader and difference maker for their team. And quite honestly ARJ has not done that. Are their expectations reasonable? maybe maybe not. But it's their expectations nonetheless.

in my opinion, Jahanbakhsh hasn't been a failure. He's been pretty solid, had a few good games and a few bad ones. But from the perspective of a player coming into a new team, different country, different everything and also dealing with injury and Asian cup, in a team that's tactics don't seem to suit attacking players, it's understandable in my opinion. But probably he's below expectations for a Brighton fan.

I can disagree on things with the Brighton fans posting in here, but I still appreciate their feedback and it gives us the Brighton fan perspective with a whole different set of expectations than we have.

We shouldn't be getting in personal conflicts with each other and painting the entire Brighton fan base with a bad brush based on some extremist posts from a certain few in their own boards.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just want to know what their expectation is from him offensively in a game like that. Win the ball... go on a 70 yard run dribble Rose/Vertonghen/Aldeiwereld and chip Hugo Lloris?

They know this is not FIFA 14 right?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      I just want to know what their expectation is from him offensively in a game like that. Win the ball... go on a 70 yard run dribble Rose/Vertonghen/Aldeiwereld and chip Hugo Lloris?

They know this is not FIFA 14 right?
                      If you spend 10 minutes on their forum (NOT recommended for your sanity) you'll see they have a large number of stupid people.

Comment

One point no one has made. majority of Brightons goals have been set pieces.

He isn't allowed to take any set pieces or be in the box. He's sent far away...another reason 0 goals and 0 assists.
                        Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

brighton fans ( for the most part of what i see from the forum posts snippets seem to be racist idiots. CH is the reason for all the stress and his tactics. if you play counter attacking football, and you sit so deep you need to figure a way to keep the ball upon getting the ball off of your opposite team, and all we saw yesterday was that there was litterally no option and only choice was to shoot the ball back to tottenhams field while noone was there. CH is shit.. brighton fan mentality is shit, the team is shit for not putting CH on his spot and telling him he;s using wrong tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                            One point no one has made. majority of Brightons goals have been set pieces.

He isn't allowed to take any set pieces or be in the box. He's sent far away...another reason 0 goals and 0 assists.
                            That is the issue..it is not JB..it is the coach that doesn't know how to use him...pretty much brighton coach is horrible...you have a guy that plays on the right side and it is an attacking midfielder...but this retard is asking JB to not only come back and help the defense but also play a very defensive roll.....another fact is that JB's teammates sure as hell don't get him the ball as much as he would like...plenty of times JB gives a nice short pass expecting an 1-2 and then the guy is just ignoring JB's run....

overall this is not the team for JB....I hope he moves on... EPL has ruined a lot of players and i sure don't want that to happen with JB.....JB belongs to spain, italy and netherlands...this is not it.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                              you have a guy that plays on the right side and it is an attacking midfielder...
                              He's not a midfielder. He never has been and never will be. Jahanbakhsh is an old school outside forward. Period. He's not even a winger. He plays best when he can cut inside from an outside position as a goal scoring threat and supporting forward. He's not a midfielder and he's not a guy that is gonna throw dime crosses into the box on a regular basis.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

When you watch brighton play you quickly realise how hopeless they are. ARJ is NOT! Edin Hazard. He will not be able to take on 3-4 defenders at once. Thats not ARJ game. Didnt these people watch what he did in Holland?? Their is a reason why he is worth 17million and Hazrad is over a 100. You get what you paid for. This team has to play 4-2-3-1 DM and go for long balls and try to play first option off of the second balls.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X