Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 5479

Thread: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 723 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    dont believe that non sense for a second - hughton LOVES JB. he was scouting him for a long time, he went to holland with him for a ceremony ffs what kind of manager would do that for a player they didn't want?
    Exactly. If anything, it's vice versa.

Editor in Chief, PFDC Website
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 11,510 Times in 3,495 Posts
    Amazing how many of their fans can think things will get better now. Promoted, kept in the Premier League for 2 seasons, reached FA Cup semis...a long way down from there...

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 1,756 Posts
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
    I haven’t read a lot of comments but fair play there is a lot of fans from other clubs on there sticking up for him, saying there’s only so much he could do with the tactics he has been made to play in. One guy said that you could see he was a decent player in the Man City game.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,893 Times in 1,561 Posts
    Brighton Fans on r/soccer seem much more level headed than the ones on Northstandchat.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Brighton Fans on r/soccer seem much more level headed than the ones on Northstandchat.
    It’s nice to see fans of AZ and NEC stick up for him and say to give him time by saying he is a good player and also a very humble man. There is a lot of Ajax and PSV fans on their as well who would love to see him at their club.

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,347 Times in 4,200 Posts
    I know the conspiracy theorists here who think JB isn’t liked or accepted by his team mates who deliberately don’t look to pass to him won’t agree with me here but Brighton is a club where JB can excel I firmly believe in that.

2 things held him back this year:

1. Chris Hughton’s style
    2. Injury, adapting to the speed and physicality of the prem

Now that both of those things are gone, in a club that has been very good to JB and with him feeling at home there, I will have every reason to be optimistic about his future ESPECIALLY if Potter becomes the new manager. That would be a dream come true honestly
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Swansea have turned down an approach from Brighton for Potter , I think he will go still though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Medzdidz View Post
    I haven’t read a lot of comments but fair play there is a lot of fans from other clubs on there sticking up for him, saying there’s only so much he could do with the tactics he has been made to play in. One guy said that you could see he was a decent player in the Man City game.
    I was definitely pleasantly surprised by how understanding so many other fans, particularly neutrals, are with that situation. Anyone who watched a Brighton game here and there knows about the 10-0-1 and the Eredivisie fans all vouched for how quality he was; even an Ajax fan said how impressed he was.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,920 Times in 6,978 Posts
    If you listen to the "totally Football Show" podcast, Michael Cox defended Jahanbakhsh as well, saying he hasn't had great form because he;s basically playing in Brighton's 1/3rd for the most part.

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.