No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly hope AJ leaves Brighton, this club is not good for his career or development. The playing style reminds me of when Azmoun was stuck in Rubin and people were bashing him and the moment he moved to a team that plays a little more openly he his doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
      I honestly hope AJ leaves Brighton, this club is not good for his career or development. The playing style reminds me of when Azmoun was stuck in Rubin and people were bashing him and the moment he moved to a team that plays a little more openly he his doing well.
      Honestly it is his own fault for choosing such team over Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Well, let's not blame the victim here. I'm sure CH, and the BHAFC organization are all nice and welcoming and friendly. The failure has been CH and BHA's inability to adapt and build their team around their biggest signing. They still rely on the same game plan, with the the same aging/inconsistent attackers.

Comment

From what I heard, at Leicester it was the board who wanted him not the manager. That is why he went to Brighton as CH was the one who directly wanted him.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
            JB has been a total failure this season in his club.

No goals or assists in the league and he was supposed to be IT.

I would not invite him to TM either at this point.
            I'm assuming you want to start Nemati or Alipour vs South Korea?

Comment

Going from dutch league to EPL is like going from college to the NBA. ARJ needs more time, and again, the team's tactics don't help. Today was a great example of how many holes are on this team regardless of ARJ.

The people who think he's not "made" for the EPL are wildly reactive and premature in their judgement. His work-rate, technique, and his willingness to improve makes him a good candidate for this league. Whether Brighton is truly a good fit for him, still remains to be seen.

Comment

yea
                but Azmoun is and always has been a much higher caliber footballer than ARJ and progressive club options are still wide open to Azmoun, while its hard to fathom (if BHA Relegate) Jahanbakhsh be able to garner a lateral move elsewhere in EPL or any another TOP 3 EU club...??

our best bet FTB is to hope n prey he gets another crack at EPL with BHA next season, to be able to leave a much better impression of his overall quality as a winger in EPL which is certainly still much better than his stats and performances indicate so far this season..!

Comment

Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.

Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.

Comment

Tuesday’s game is not only crucial for BHA’s relegation struggle, it’s also crucial for ARJ’s psyche and career. He will surely start, and the outcome of his performance will determine the outcome of the game. We saw first hand that the team is useless without him. ARJ’s burden is a heavy one, and I hope he shines in this do-or-die game.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Well, let's not blame the victim here. I'm sure CH, and the BHAFC organization are all nice and welcoming and friendly. The failure has been CH and BHA's inability to adapt and build their team around their biggest signing. They still rely on the same game plan, with the the same aging/inconsistent attackers.
                      How one can build something around a player that just arrived, was injuried during 1 or 2 months and miss an other 1 month with Asian cup?

Comment

^ lol
                        odds are stacked against him having an explosive performance obviously ..!

i think if BHA could vastly improve on their overall Team (especially MF/ATTACK) PRESSING tactics they stand a good chance of winning that vital clash on Tuesday..!
                        a Tie should also see them survive relegation.... they can ill-afford to loose that game though..!!

Comment

How one can build something around a player that just arrived, was injuried during 1 or 2 months and miss an other 1 month with Asian cup?
                          Agreed, but he’s been fit since the Asian Cup without any change in team plans/tactics. Today was a startling demonstration.

Comment

From what I heard, at Leicester it was the board who wanted him not the manager. That is why he went to Brighton as CH was the one who directly wanted him.
                            It's been pretty clear that Hughton rates him - from travelling to Holland to see him pick up the Eredivisie award at the start of this season to his post match comments. Over the last few games he wasn't predicted to start in the british newspapers and yet he did. He takes him off at around the same time as the first sub, suggesting he thinks his conditioning and fitness still needs work.

So we can't blame JB for choosing to go to a club in the world's "best league" where the manager has been watching and rating him highly.

Hindsight is always 20/20 (6/6)

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Problem has been that CH's midfield isn't built for the 4-3-3 transition that he has tried to make. He has attempted it, but Stephens-Propper-Bissouma isnt a triad that can take a hold of a midfield. He needs to get rid of Stephens and find a defensive midfielder with more pace and stamina that is less hurried on the ball, someone like Fred for United or Ebrahimi for us. I also don't think Montoya is a good signing, its really confusing what contribution he even brings to the defensive system. Propper is a good player, Bissouma is a good player, but both tend to be very short sighted when bringing the ball up and aren't good at finding outlets. Bissouma is a mess defensively. If the right adjustments were made, the wingers could finally be given some freedom and start to create goals and you would see Bissouma being able to push forward more so that the striker doesn't look so isolated all the time.
                              Hope that Brighton don't get relegated and that they make a couple good signings in the central midfield. The transition Hughton is attempting is a positive one for being a more established premier league side.
                              good post
                              Transition Play @ MF is simply way too static, slow and overall horrid in the current CH set-up and simply not good enough to worry any EPL opposition atm..!!
                              Dale Stephens should bear the majority of the blame on that front, as it takes the guy forever and more to release a pass.... much longer than that for him to send in anything resembling a decent Forward Pass..!
                              he either needs to be pushed back to only sit in front of the back-4 and just break-up opposition plays or better yet benched and reconfigure the whole formation and game tactics..! ffs give more playing time to Kayal..!
                              Last edited by BacheLot; 04-13-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                I don't want our guests to leave us and I value some of his insights. It's just that some fans of that club, and other clubs, fail to move beyond a championship mindset.
                                JB's qualities are not immediately obvious, and someone like Knockaert who was good in the championship, is judged better by them compared to what he brings to the premiership.
                                But none of them gave a crap about his pinpoint pitch-width balls and diagonal, which im sorry to go on about but they are quite actually unique in terms of how good he is at them.
                                To be honest I only got annoyed with Perseus recently when he was blaming/putting JB on par with players who had performed much worse than him during the game, which is never going to be too bright in Persian football.com is it?
                                Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                                Unfortunately he does not add much whether he is here or not.
                                At this point my problem with the person is his lack of understanding of the game and not understanding that even god could not help this BHA team, especially the way they play.
                                Convo with him is pretty much an exercise in futility. A typical exchange with him: You tell him that the BHAFC is deficient in the MF and up and down the spine, his reply is "I would play Bruno and Izquierdo!!" You tell him that Bissouma is a problem in the midfield because he kills the speed of the attack, and Proper and Stephens are redundant and playing them at the same time is problematic, his answer is some percentages and long ball stats which gives away the fact that the team has no midfield play and falls back on playing Bong, Bruno and Izquierdo!!
                                He can say ARJ has not done well and I can understand that, but acting as if he is the weak point (a winger at that) and responsible for BHA crappy play of the team or the lower than low caliber of the other players on the pitch just takes a lot of chutzpah.
                                That is why I decided to not to pay much attention to him, engaging him is like trying to play chess with a Springer Spaniel!!

Comment

Working...
                                X