Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Recent upsurge in results could be attributed to the return of Bruno, but more likely the abolition of Brighton's unsuccessful attempt of gegenpressing, which caused the defence to be leaky without producing any more goals.

Pascal Groß has an injury set back and will miss the next four games at least. And Davy Pröpper is still injured. This gives Alireza Jahanbakhsh ample opportunity to make his mark, which he has shown very little sign yet. Brighton's midfield has been well below last season and the attack has been below par so far. The defence has improved its defending from set pieces (from apalling to quite good).
    Do you know if CH asks his wingers to cover for the defenders ???

Because alireza hasn’t even been playing as a winger, if anything, it looks like he’s placed as a wingback/midfielder. He defends too deep to be able to be effective up top.

Seeing him do that repeatedly makes me suspect that it is what he is being told to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post

Because alireza hasn’t even been playing as a winger, if anything, it looks like he’s placed as a wingback/midfielder. He defends too deep to be able to be effective up top.

Seeing him do that repeatedly makes me suspect that it is what he is being told to do.

Brighton use a back six defensive unit (not two banks of four) so the two wingers are expected to do some work in defence, probably much more than he is used to, but what is expected in most of the Premier League. Certainly expected to deal with opposing full backs coming forward. He was given Costa to man mark at corners.

There is no getting out of working hard. In the Brighton system the number 10 in the hole behind the striker puts more running in than any other player.

Wolves were quicker than West Ham at closing down space. I think ARJ has to play a little bit deep as he seems to be more inclined to running into space than receiving the ball to feet. He is unlike Solly March and Knockeart in this respect, more like much quicker Izquierdo.

Comment

Like I have said before, Brighton has to trust ARJ more to make plays. ARJ likes to play quick 1-2 attacking open space but I have yet to see one Brighton player give him back the pass when he attacks open space. Only once last game I saw Murray look for that pass but his pass was no good.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
          it is precisely a mere coincidence
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Comment

in the PL, every single player (especially wingers) are expected to defend deep.

Comment

in the PL, every single player (especially wingers) are expected to defend deep.
              Not true.

Maybe for the bottom half of the table, but we have a perfect example to debunk your typical blanket statements.

Dejagah never played so defensively and deep and he was playing for a bottom half side as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that more defending is definitely required of all players in the PL, but half of the game he is positioned as a right back...

In fact that is why it looked so awkward when he played at the same time as Montoya.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Lmao ur joking right?

Comment

Not true.

Maybe for the bottom half of the table, but we have a perfect example to debunk your typical blanket statements.

Dejagah never played so defensively and deep and he was playing for a bottom half side as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I know that more defending is definitely required of all players in the PL, but half of the game he is positioned as a right back...

In fact that is why it looked so awkward when he played at the same time as Montoya.

Brighton is a relegation battling team and in more than half of the games, they will be doing the defending. and the wingers are expected to defend alongside the fullbacks.

in fact this should play into the hands of JB because he can have loads of space on counter attacks.

but as someone else said, he is hiding from the ball, not making runs and is very very slow. not good for a winger

Comment

based on sporadic 20 min or so i saw of last game while on the go (mostly the ending), and having learned a tad bit of CH's tendencies by now, Im fairly certain ARJ and March will once again be the starters for the next match..! in fact barring injuries /suspension/exhaustion, same 11 will be starting line-up..!
                    what i also noticed was how far deep Alireza was coming back to help the D, mostly marking the Wolves' RWinger and taking him totally out of their offensive scheme ..! in fact from a bit i saw, Wolves pretty much were forced to try their luck attacking from the Left side...!!Nonetheless, even in later stages of the game, ARJ Still looked sharp and primed to sprint forward in support of attack as soon as Brighton would win possession back, although most often than not they gave possession right back to wolves and were able to hold the ball up in CM position long enough to get into a proper attacking mode..!

being 1-0 up in later stage of the game, giving most of the possession to Wolves didnt matter much because they really couldnt do anything too threatening with the ball any how except sending a few hopeful blind crosses into the box which Brighton CD would parry away or keeper grab..!!
                    Brighton's whole cohesive and stout team defending form went to shitt, as soon as March tired and got subbed out and especially when CH moved Alireza from RWB? to the Left side to make room for knockaerd..! from that point on Brighton seemed most susceptible to concede, not only the equalizer, but possibly even the lead..!!? hence i highly doubt CH will try that shitt again, at least not until he works out the kinks in that ,more of an Counter-attacking-Formation, in the training ground..!

ps
                    I didnt notice ARJ shying away from balls either ..!!? so i guess i missed those occasions as well..? in fact he looked poised to score his first goal on a swift break late on, but idiot Knockaerd predictably held the damn ball way too long and lost possession..!

Comment

Only if your manager is Jose Mourinho!

Comment

The game was won because Traore (Wolves winger) defending deep as expected of him was slower on the uptake than RB Bruno. Only the heavy pressing sides Man City and Liverpool have wingers/strikers who are expected to press rather than drop back into shape.

At Brighton the second striker gets a free role and is not expected to defend in open play. Or the three wingers/second strikers interchange in the absence of Pascal Groß.

The Brighton full backs Bruno and Bong are better than most and can usually deal with the threats, but their job is to occupy the channels not the touchline.

Typically, Bruno is so dominant down the right side for Brighton that the opposition concentrate their attention on Bong's side of the pitch.

The top 6 teams tend to play a high line, not requiring their wingers/strikers to defend in PL matches against the bottom 14.

Comment

Everton v Brighton & HA TV
                          3rd November 2018 15:00 UT

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3...n-hove-albion/

Comment

Whenever I see Everton, I always wonder what would happen if Liverpool bought someone like Everton Luiz, Ewerthon de Souza, Éverton Ribeiro, Ewerton Pereira, Ewerton Santos and the many others with similar names....

On another note, probable-lineup Brighton & Hove Albion (4-4-1-1): Ryan; Bruno, Duffy, Dunn, Bong; Jahanbakhsh, Stephens, Kayal, Izquierdo; March; Murray.

Comment

Off to the game tomorrow (or today [emoji23], that's if I wake up in time), gonna try get there early to see the players if I can. Hoping it'll be a good game and that Brighton win even though I'll be in the Everton stands [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

If Jahanbaksh starts today, he really needs to show how good he is, or probably become a benchwarmer for a while again.

Comment

Working...
                                X