No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when is Brighton's next game? weekend or weekday? Sorry too lazy to search.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
      Friday vs West Ham

Comment

There is a reason why he dont starts and that is:

He played last season with top 4 team in a offensive leauge. In Az they had the ball and it AJ could play a lot of one two. Short passes to free him self. But in Brighton, they dont play that kind of football. This is a new world. They dont have the ball and the coach want his wingers to be more direct. When AJ make his short passes the players around him dont have the ability to be a part of his game, so the team loses the ball.
        So its matter of time before he adapts and join the 11.

Read this to:
        Manager Chris Hughton has urged Brighton fans to remain patient with record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh.
        Iran international Jahanbakhsh arrived at the AMEX Stadium this summer for a club-record £17million and was handed his full debut in Tuesday’s Carabao Cup second-round defeat to Southampton.
        The 25-year-old was one of 10 changes made to the Seagulls’ line-up but the winger failed to put a marker down on the first team despite playing the entire 90 minutes on the south coast.
        However, Hughton, who has been in charge of Brighton since 2014, believes Jahanbakhsh needs time to adapt to the pace of English football.
        ‘With Ali, he came back late from World Cup duty and what he has to be able to do is to adapt to the game here,’ he said. ‘It’ll take a little bit of time, there’s no doubt he’s a talent. We know that from what he produced in Holland last season.’

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
          This actually cost you more effort than doing a google search........

download the OneFootball app on your phone and have an overview of all the football matches you want to track worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
            This actually cost you more effort than doing a google search........

download the OneFootball app on your phone and have an overview of all the football matches you want to track worldwide
            FOTMOB is what I use. I love that app.

Comment

Originally posted by Nima View Post
              There is a reason why he dont starts and that is:
              He played last season with top 4 team in a offensive leauge. In Az they had the ball and it AJ could play a lot of one two. Short passes to free him self. But in Brighton, they dont play that kind of football. This is a new world. They dont have the ball and the coach want his wingers to be more direct. When AJ make his short passes the players around him dont have the ability to be a part of his game, so the team loses the ball.
              So its matter of time before he adapts and join the 11.
              Read this to:
              Manager Chris Hughton has urged Brighton fans to remain patient with record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh.
              Iran international Jahanbakhsh arrived at the AMEX Stadium this summer for a club-record £17million and was handed his full debut in Tuesday’s Carabao Cup second-round defeat to Southampton.
              The 25-year-old was one of 10 changes made to the Seagulls’ line-up but the winger failed to put a marker down on the first team despite playing the entire 90 minutes on the south coast.
              However, Hughton, who has been in charge of Brighton since 2014, believes Jahanbakhsh needs time to adapt to the pace of English football.
              ‘With Ali, he came back late from World Cup duty and what he has to be able to do is to adapt to the game here,’ he said. ‘It’ll take a little bit of time, there’s no doubt he’s a talent. We know that from what he produced in Holland last season.’
              When is this from, can we have the source please! Sounds like August lol!

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                Agha, I agree with your general points.

But to play the devil's advocate - have we really seen Alireza turn it on at the biggest stage? Sure, he topped the eredivisie last year, but we haven't yet seen him shine at the highest level.

I mean, I like him much more than Sardar, but I can't deny that Azmoun has shown more for Iran (albeit in a different position) and more world-class moments - eg playing Boateng for a fool, and essentially pretty much the entire CL group stages of the penultimate season.

I still see 24-year-old JB as in development, though coming off a fantastic season. I just hope this team and coach is the right fit for him.
                I agree with you completely, he has shown he can prove it in Holland and now he has to step and show he can do it in a top 5 league.

Comment

ARJ was so use to creating plays on AZ its going to take time for him to adapt to a style of play where creating plays is not required and playing mostly as a defensive winger.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                    When is this from, can we have the source please! Sounds like August lol!
                    After the Southampton League Cup match

https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...pton-1-8617397'

"With players like Alireza Jahanbakhsh still not fully up to speed, the game was an opportunity to get more minutes under their belts. Albion will hope the Iranian winger begins to deliver as he gets more game time."

Read more at: https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...pton-1-8617397

Alireza Jahanbakhsh showed a few good touches, but the Brighton team was a bit below Southampton in strength in depth, because of injuries.

Comment

You can't adapt to a league when you don't play. That's a stupid approach. Here is my question. If he started every game so far, how many points would they have? I guarantee you at least as many points as they have now. This is why CH's approach is stupid. Players need playing time to adapt. Not just watching from the bench.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                        You can't adapt to a league when you don't play. That's a stupid approach. Here is my question. If he started every game so far, how many points would they have? I guarantee you at least as many points as they have now. This is why CH's approach is stupid. Players need playing time to adapt. Not just watching from the bench.
                        couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                          A lot of managers will say that is nonsense, this approach is fairly common and there's countless examples of other high profile foreign signings being eased into the league in a similar fashion. Adapting to a league doesn't just mean playing 90 minutes every week, it's about the far longer hours spent on the training pitch.

What is definitely nonsense is randomly speculating that had ARJ played every minute up to now Brighton would definitely not have any less points Hughton carried out the same approach successfully with Izquierdo so evidence would seem to favour his argument to yours.

Comment

No matter how much I love for ARJ to start, the fact of the matter is that I am not even close to knowing or understanding all the parameters and metrics that CH looks at to balance his approach. I think he is a fair and supporting coach and ARJ will eventually come around to become a regular starter. Of course, playing 90 minutes is only one of the parameters that help ARJ to adapt. The relationship between playing 90 minutes and full adaptation is not exactly a catch-22. I continue to choose to be patient. I still think ARJ made the right decision and of course time will tell. If ARJ is not complaining and keeps working hard day in day out, who am I to complain on his behalf? I am only speaking for myself This is a forum and free exchange of ideas only makes it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              A lot of managers will say that is nonsense, this approach is fairly common and there's countless examples of other high profile foreign signings being eased into the league in a similar fashion. Adapting to a league doesn't just mean playing 90 minutes every week, it's about the far longer hours spent on the training pitch.
                              What is definitely nonsense is randomly speculating that had ARJ played every minute up to now Brighton would definitely not have any less points Hughton carried out the same approach successfully with Izquierdo so evidence would seem to favour his argument to yours.
                              They would not have less points! They knew what they were in for if they are monitoring Jahanbakhsh for 3 YEARS! All the rest is just pitiful excuses and CH is a bad manager (maybe not for Brighton fans) but for Premeir Leauge standards he’s complete crap.

Their problem is scoring goals and appear to still have that problem, why take a player that you are going to bench when other teams would have make plans with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                                They have 5 points in 7 games. Me and 10 fat kids could get 5 points. Come on.
                                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                                X