Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
    While I think his career is over, I don't completely exclude the possibility that he might find a club in Europe which suits his style.
    So which one is it? Seems like you contradicted yourself in the same sentence lolz.

Also, I find it quite disrespectful that you and others are insulting Brighton. As the only club in the world, they spend their all-time record-fee on a young Iranian player from the Netherlands to join their ranks in the most celebrated and competitive competition in the world. In addition, they only recently promoted to the Premier League, and are struggling to stay afloat in a league full with tough opponents.

We should be ever grateful to Brighton for the oppertunity they provided to Jahanbakhsh. Some of you foul mouth Iranians are disgrace to our culture.
    I don't condone insulting BHA, but it's interesting how you insult and ridicule JB for months now, yet you take exception to members poking fun at BHA in a clearly satirical manner. So it's okay to bash JB for "failing" in the PL (lol), yet it's not okay to joke about BHA's name? Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      So which one is it? Seems like you contradicted yourself in the same sentence lolz.
      The fact that I think his career is over doesn't mean that I'm completely excluding the possibility, how small that might even be, that he will find another club in Europe at which he'll become succesfull.

I don't condone insulting BHA, but it's interesting how you insult and ridicule JB for months now, yet you take exception to members poking fun at BHA in a clearly satirical manner. So it's okay to bash JB for "failing" in the PL (lol), yet it's not okay to joke about BHA's name? Got it.
      I never insulted JB or ridiculed him. I just rated him objectively based on his performances.

Comment

At this point, it is almost safe to say that JB is one of the worst football players that has ever graced the league in England.
        This isn't really an objective assessment though.

There have been lots of worse players that him in the EPL.

Your language is a contradiction too, you can't "grace" something and be "the worst"

Everyone here is disappointed in his performance, some of us are trying to keep hopeful because we like the guy, he is a really nice boy, and he is iranian, and at the end of the day he went from Damash Gilan to topping the goals and assists of a European league albeit not top-4 elite one, through his hard work. I don't understand why you are so brutal on him, almost all your posts this year have been about him..

Comment

What you meant is that Iranian players find it impossible to adjust to the high-tempo, competitive and physical nature of the Premier League, which is arguably the most difficult league in the world when it comes to intensity of the play. That is fine. Our players, past or present, have never been of PL quality.

They have only themselves to blame. Only if their fanboys would have had some reality in their analyses.

But to flop in the Premier League is no shame. Jahanbakhsh gave it a try and failed. While I think his career is over, I don't completely exclude the possibility that he might find a club in Europe which suits his style. The only problem is no club whatsoever is likely to pay even fraction of his transfer fee or wages that Brighton mustered.

A loan next season therefore would be a more likely option, if Brighton wants to soften his financial strain on the club. Perhaps a loan to a club like Fenerbahce, similar to Vincent Janssen when he went as top scorer from AZ to Tottenham and likewise failed to impress.

Also, I find it quite disrespectful that you and others are insulting Brighton. As the only club in the world, they spend their all-time record-fee on a young Iranian player from the Netherlands to join their ranks in the most celebrated and competitive competition in the world. In addition, they only recently promoted to the Premier League, and are struggling to stay afloat in a league full with tough opponents.

We should be ever grateful to Brighton for the oppertunity they provided to Jahanbakhsh. Some of you foul mouth Iranians are disgrace to our culture.
          This isn't really true. The league is extremely competitive, but it doesn't mean our players can never or couldn't have ever been successful in it.

Dejagah was successful although short-lived and Ando had moderate success. Also,Ghoddos had a standout performance against Arsenal, so much that Arsenal fans wanted him on their team instead of Wellbeck, and Arsene Wenger called him a "marvellous player". I think he probably could've been a better suited player for England than ARJ.

We don't really owe much to Brighton for taking a risk on signing ARJ. It's business... They wanted, nobody begged them and nobody forced them to risk the money to buy him, and it's not like they bought him from Iran... They bought him from AZ, so if anything AZ should be grateful for the money they got for him.

If Brighton didn't sign him, maybe a la liga or bundesliga team would have, maybe Ajax would have, maybe Leicester would have. I appreciate that they bought him but at the same time it hasn't worked out yet, so as a team melli fan it might've been better actually if they didn't buy him! We don't need to be "ever grateful". I will be ever grateful for Osasuna for signing Masoud, and Nekounam, because those guys at the time were unproven in Europe to begin with, and might have stayed in Iran and stagnated otherwise. Can't really say the same about Jahanbakhsh and Brighton.

I do agree we don't need to bad mouth any club, coach, or other fans where we have difference of opinion, but at the same time I don't think we need to always see them as right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The real question is why Brighton wanted Jahanbakhsh and why Jahanbakhsh decided to sign a 5 year deal with them?

He seems so out of place when you look at their tactics? Did they buy Jahanbakhsh in hopes of setting up more attacking? But it doesn't seem like they want to try that for real. There are alot of questions about this signing tbh.

Comment

What you meant is that Iranian players find it impossible to adjust to the high-tempo, competitive and physical nature of the Premier League, which is arguably the most difficult league in the world when it comes to intensity of the play. ...
              In no way Premiere League is the most difficult league in the world in my opinion.
              I don't care for Brighton or any other club when it comes to one of our good players. I blame Brighton staff/coach and JBs manager for this disappointing move.
              JB is gifted with the right attitude, talent and hunger to be capable of adjusting to any game style.
              If they can't use him right it's not JBs fault. He is worklng is ass off. Even world stars can't deliver week in week out.
              Speaking of foul mouth...go check their forum and how they talk about JB.
              ** EDITED ** standing behind a young hamvatan who is working his ass off in a toxic envirnoment.
              Please refrain from personal remarks. Thanks.
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                This isn't really true. The league is extremely competitive, but it doesn't mean our players can never or couldn't have ever been successful in it.

Dejagah was successful although short-lived and Ando had moderate success. Also,Ghoddos had a standout performance against Arsenal, so much that Arsenal fans wanted him on their team instead of Wellbeck, and Arsene Wenger called him a "marvellous player". I think he probably could've been a better suited player for England than ARJ.

We don't really owe much to Brighton for taking a risk on signing ARJ. It's business... They wanted, nobody begged them and nobody forced them to risk the money to buy him, and it's not like they bought him from Iran... They bought him from AZ, so if anything AZ should be grateful for the money they got for him.

If Brighton didn't sign him, maybe a la liga or bundesliga team would have, maybe Ajax would have, maybe Leicester would have. I appreciate that they bought him but at the same time it hasn't worked out yet, so as a team melli fan it might've been better actually if they didn't buy him! We don't need to be "ever grateful". I will be ever grateful for Osasuna for signing Masoud, and Nekounam, because those guys at the time were unproven in Europe to begin with, and might have stayed in Iran and stagnated otherwise. Can't really say the same about Jahanbakhsh and Brighton.

I do agree we don't need to bad mouth any club, coach, or other fans where we have difference of opinion, but at the same time I don't think we need to always see them as right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                None of those points show any success by our players in PL. Lasting 1-2 seasons then disappearing is the furthest thing from a successful stint in the PL, or any league - same goes with Ghoddos, who's just had one good game VS Arsenal (does not in any way prove he's good enough for PL) - Ghoddos might be able to make it there, considering his strength and speed, but one match VS Arsenal is not proof of this.

Although, to say we've never had any players (past or present) that could make it in the PL is probably a bit of an overstatement as well. - Mahdavikia and Hashemian are 2 players that had long, successful careers in Europe, with a hard-working mentality, and professionalism. - They could have made it in the PL, but were already comfortable playing in the Bundesliga, where they were usually one of the stars of their team.

At the same time, the other member here is also right that we shouldn't be talking about Brighton like it's some piece of shit club, just because Jahanbakhsh needs a specific setup with attacking play from the wings, in order for him to thrive.
                If he was really that good, he could at least put in some good performances regardless (even if he doesn't hit his peak with a defensive team). - Hopefully he improves.
                Even Knockaert, who so many members talk trash about, has done waaaay more than Jahanbakhsh this season, scoring some goals, including an amazing shot a few weeks back.

We need to be more realistic with how good we really think some of our players are, and have to stop getting so emotional and pissed of at other coaches and teams when our players aren't playing well enough.

Comment

Football is a funny game, if ARJ was to score the goal that secures Premier League football for Brighton then the fans will love him. It’s the same at every club, as a Liverpool fan I know Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor weren’t great for us but they both scored in the 3-3 draw against Olympiakos in the last group stage game the year we won the Champs League. Therefore I look back on both players with fondness.

Comment

You know what , screw every bad word against him, this is why I love this guy.

https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...rome-1-8909607

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      You know what , screw every bad word against him, this is why I love this guy.
                      https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...rome-1-8909607
                      It's what football is about.

I'll never forget that one interview with the orphanange owner who said CQ made the players visit them to inspire them for a WC qualification.

Daei did many things like this as a player/coach/person as well.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        It's what football is about.

I'll never forget that one interview with the orphanange owner who said CQ made the players visit them to inspire them for a WC qualification.

Daei did many things like this as a player/coach/person as well.
                        I think it’s brilliant, as a dad to two boys with disabilities this really makes me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I think it’s brilliant, as a dad to two boys with disabilities this really makes me smile.
                          God bless you.

Ali has always been a standup guy. Even if he pans out not to be a world-beater he will find success because his values are spot on and he works hard.

We've lost greater talents to being starstruck and chasing the superficial benefits of being a footballer. I'll take a 100 ARJ's anyday.

Comment

dame Ali garm..!!
                            class guy, on and off the pitch..!
                            Last edited by BacheLot; 04-30-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I have a feeling Alireza's gonna score an equalizer against city and make Liverpool champions

Comment

A gentleman, truly by all definitions.

Now where is Kas-R to curse at the poor guy and insult him?

Comment

Working...
                                X