Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has this guy even scored a goal?
    Our talent level is realy low right now. god bless cq for turning us into a machine and a team 1st type team rather then rely on individual talents as we clearly dont have any
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

JAHANBAKHSH: I’M GETTING BACK TO MY BEST

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Alireza Jahanbakhsh believes that fans are now seeing his best form since his move to the club last summer.

Having started four of the side’s last five matches in all competitions, he emphasised that he feels as though he’s now starting to find his feet in England after a stop-start beginning to life on the south coast.

He said, “This is still my first season in England and I would have obviously liked to have played more matches.

“I knew the competition and league would be different to what I’ve had before – I had an injury then as I came back and got fit I had to leave for the Asian Cup, before getting used to the team’s style and shape again.

“My recent performances are more like me as a player – I don’t hide away, expectation is high, and I know that.

“I came here to do my best for the club – I knew I’d need time to develop, but things have happened which I didn’t expect, but the more I play and the more time I get on the pitch, things will continue to get better.”

Chris Hughton’s side have won four of their last five matches in all competitions, with back-to-back league wins over Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace being followed by an Emirates FA Cup quarter-final victory over Millwall nearly a fortnight ago.

Jahanbakhsh spoke of the positive mood around the Albion dressing room at the moment and looked ahead to a busy upcoming sequence of matches.

“The camp has a good atmosphere around it at the moment given the three wins we’ve had, they’ve given us good confidence because we knew how crucial the matches were – especially the league ones.

“The game against Millwall was a great comeback to give ourselves an opportunity to go to Wembley and play in the last four of the competition, which is really nice too.

“This upcoming period is very important for us, so we have to use the current mood to go into it – we’ll hopefully then enjoy it and get more points.”

The Seagulls face Southampton at the Amex Stadium tomorrow afternoon looking to pull further away from the Saints – who currently sit one place and three points behind Albion in the Premier League table.

The Iranian midfielder emphasised the significance of the game against Southampton being on home soil, highlighting the side’s strong home form so far this term.

“Every game between now and the rest of the season is crucial – home advantage is something we always have to make the most of.

“It’s a strength of ours and we have to continue that, away games are very tough in this league.

“We have to make sure we always keep confident focused in what is a busy time – we have a lot of games in this period over the next month.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ck-to-my-best/

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
        JAHANBAKHSH: I’M GETTING BACK TO MY BEST

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Alireza Jahanbakhsh believes that fans are now seeing his best form since his move to the club last summer.

Having started four of the side’s last five matches in all competitions, he emphasised that he feels as though he’s now starting to find his feet in England after a stop-start beginning to life on the south coast.

He said, “This is still my first season in England and I would have obviously liked to have played more matches.

“I knew the competition and league would be different to what I’ve had before – I had an injury then as I came back and got fit I had to leave for the Asian Cup, before getting used to the team’s style and shape again.

“My recent performances are more like me as a player – I don’t hide away, expectation is high, and I know that.

“I came here to do my best for the club – I knew I’d need time to develop, but things have happened which I didn’t expect, but the more I play and the more time I get on the pitch, things will continue to get better.”

Chris Hughton’s side have won four of their last five matches in all competitions, with back-to-back league wins over Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace being followed by an Emirates FA Cup quarter-final victory over Millwall nearly a fortnight ago.

Jahanbakhsh spoke of the positive mood around the Albion dressing room at the moment and looked ahead to a busy upcoming sequence of matches.

“The camp has a good atmosphere around it at the moment given the three wins we’ve had, they’ve given us good confidence because we knew how crucial the matches were – especially the league ones.

“The game against Millwall was a great comeback to give ourselves an opportunity to go to Wembley and play in the last four of the competition, which is really nice too.

“This upcoming period is very important for us, so we have to use the current mood to go into it – we’ll hopefully then enjoy it and get more points.”

The Seagulls face Southampton at the Amex Stadium tomorrow afternoon looking to pull further away from the Saints – who currently sit one place and three points behind Albion in the Premier League table.

The Iranian midfielder emphasised the significance of the game against Southampton being on home soil, highlighting the side’s strong home form so far this term.

“Every game between now and the rest of the season is crucial – home advantage is something we always have to make the most of.

“It’s a strength of ours and we have to continue that, away games are very tough in this league.

“We have to make sure we always keep confident focused in what is a busy time – we have a lot of games in this period over the next month.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...ck-to-my-best/
        sorry for all the hype my man, Hes a bust.
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          has this guy even scored a goal?
          Our talent level is realy low right now. god bless cq for turning us into a machine and a team 1st type team rather then rely on individual talents as we clearly dont have any
          There's lots of talent...Ghoddos, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Ezatolahi, Hosseini, Moharrami, Mohammadi, are all very talented and relatively young players, not to mention players like Delfi and Shekari who will inevitably break through later. Jahanbakhsh is just not one of the talented ones. Hopefully the next coach will realize that.

I'm as big of a fan of CQ as you but don't pretend our team isn't any good. If we really had no talents, then not even CQ could save us and make us play on the level of the best teams in the world like we did in the World Cup.

Comment

I knew EPL would be a huge step up in competition level for him from the get go..!
            But it has taken him even a bit longer that I first thought to finally impose himself as @ least one of the marquee players for BHA ..!
            He needs to finally get a goal tomorrow as I feel he may well go scoreless for his first full season ..!?
            Problem is I’m not even sure he’d be getting a starting nod tomorrow!? Seeing as most say he was a flop his last game out & his positional replacements have been in a great form of late ..!

@ least BHA look safe for another EPL season ..! I think it’s now safe to assume it’s gonna be next year before he could be counted on as a key player/reg. Starter for his new club..!!? Or if ever ?
            Even in Holland it always took him a season before he would hit the ground running in his 2nd season ..! But but there is no guarantee that you’d even get second chances/seasons in EPL ..! Good thing they payed a pretty penny for his services, that in a way by itself forces the club to provide him with more chances to finally live up to his billing.

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            please do, be patient with our boy..!!
            although he seems in top form and fitness currently, i still fear it will take him a bit of time to bed-in and adjust to vastly improved defenses and increased pace and physicality of EPL ..!
            nontheless, he is a highly driven, hard working and dedicated professional footballer and i have no doubt he will sooner than later make the necessary adjustments and will perform at top levels for your club..!
            personally, im Super excited to have another iranian in my favorite and IMO, the most Challenging league in the world..!

Comment

Looking forward to tomorrows game. Hopefully Ali megs the crap out of Yoshida so we can get some good memes out of it...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                AK was the rare player who got better playing in Dubai. Look at his Asian Cup 2004 performance he was in Dubai at the time...pure talented guy,
                Are you kidding me? Ali Karimi was an amazing talent from the beginning, hence his great performance in the AC2004 among all other great tournaments he's had. Playing in Dubai only stopped him from becoming one of the top players in the world as he could have become if he had joined a European team at 21 when he had the chance. None of our players have actually "gotten better" by joining an Arab league. Just the opposite.

Comment

The game will be shown on CNBC in U.S. at 8:00 am Pacific

Comment

^CNBC..? I thought that was a business news channel??

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                      There's lots of talent...Ghoddos, Azmoun, Gholizadeh, Ezatolahi, Hosseini, Moharrami, Mohammadi, are all very talented and relatively young players, not to mention players like Delfi and Shekari who will inevitably break through later. Jahanbakhsh is just not one of the talented ones. Hopefully the next coach will realize that.

I'm as big of a fan of CQ as you but don't pretend our team isn't any good. If we really had no talents, then not even CQ could save us and make us play on the level of the best teams in the world like we did in the World Cup.
                      Jahanbakhsh is hardworking, adaptable and resilient. Thus although he is not as talented as the others, these other strengths that he has can still make him successful.
                      A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        sorry for all the hype my man, Hes a bust.
                        I wouldn't say he's a bust yet, but it's been a difficult first season.

He had a poor first year at both NEC & AZ, so a slow start is nothing new. Add to that the fact he's adjusting to a new country, a new league and a pretty serious jump in quality and it makes sense he's had a bad first season. I reckon he'll be put on a strength programme in pre-season and he'll come back next year bulkier/stronger, you need either strength or pace to really shine in the Prem. Next year is when to judge him, once he's had a full pre-season and time to settle. Or maybe we go down and he tears the Championship a new arse.

He could score today or get the winner at Wembley next week and then all of a sudden he'll be brilliant again and everyone on here will be telling us he's our best player again. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                          I wouldn't say he's a bust yet, but it's been a difficult first season.

He had a poor first year at both NEC & AZ, so a slow start is nothing new. Add to that the fact he's adjusting to a new country, a new league and a pretty serious jump in quality and it makes sense he's had a bad first season. I reckon he'll be put on a strength programme in pre-season and he'll come back next year bulkier/stronger, you need either strength or pace to really shine in the Prem. Next year is when to judge him, once he's had a full pre-season and time to settle. Or maybe we go down and he tears the Championship a new arse.

He could score today or get the winner at Wembley next week and then all of a sudden he'll be brilliant again and everyone on here will be telling us he's our best player again. We'll see.
                          I'm glad there are reasonable Brighton supporters like you who don't judge potential based off a few games. Ignore everyone else; Jahanbakhsh is very talented and will shine very soon...

Comment

JB starting

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              ^CNBC..? I thought that was a business news channel??
                              They show EPL matches at times since they're part of NBC Universal that holds the exclusive EPL rights in the U.S. (similar to their sister station, NBC Sports).

Comment

any good links?
                                please share

Comment

Working...
                                X