X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jahanbakhsh and sardar > esteghlal and perspolis combined

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47340492

He got a good review in the BBC report on the game.

Comment

He was the man of the match

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
          He was the man of the match
          To you he was or they named him man of the match?

Edit: NVM I saw it on the other page my bad lol

Comment

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Huddersfield Town 0

Back from the match:
            First thoughts:

1) Congrats to Huddersfield who played better than their League position suggested with Stankovic their best player
            2) There was not much space to find a way through the Huddersfield defence (live view differs from TV)
            3) Game was not bad, at least it was a contest, better in the second half
            4) Murray looks too slow and I gave up on him about this time last season, always was slow but maybe age has finally caught up with him?
            5) ARJ played as well as expected of him and was unlucky to be subbed off, but it was still 0-0 and somebody upfront had to give way for a change
            6) Playing two inverted wingers is not a system I favour. Swopping them makes two conventional wingers which is even worse.
            7) Florin Andone is popular with the fans for good reason.
            8) Huddersfield should not have taken Stankovic off!
            9) Atmosphere was quite good especially for me who had not see a home goal live for six hours (I missed the Derby and Burnley games)

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...n-Huddersfield

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                Back from the match:
                First thoughts:

1) Congrats to Huddersfield who played better than their League position suggested with Stankovic their best player
                2) There was not much space to find a way through the Huddersfield defence (live view differs from TV)
                3) Game was not bad, at least it was a contest, better in the second half
                4) Murray looks too slow and I gave up on him about this time last season, always was slow but maybe age has finally caught up with him?
                5) ARJ played as well as expected of him and was unlucky to be subbed off, but it was still 0-0 and somebody upfront had to give way for a change
                6) Playing two inverted wingers is not a system I favour. Swopping them makes two conventional wingers which is even worse.
                7) Florin Andone is popular with the fans for good reason.
                8) Huddersfield should not have taken Stankovic off!
                9) Atmosphere was quite good especially for me who had not see a home goal live for six hours (I missed the Derby and Burnley games)

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...n-Huddersfield
                “As well as expected” seems harsh for someone the commentary were saying was probably the best player on the pitch.

If Murray wasn’t such a dead weight player with no touch and no ability to do anything besides poach goals, ARJ could have done even more.

At least 5-6 movements in the box did not happen because Murray can’t be arsed to stop and control a simple pass.

Andone needs to start with ARJ and knocky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I attended today's game and can vouch that this was AJ's best performance in a Brighton shirt - don't take any notice of the minority of "supporters" who slag players off at every opportunity (these kind of people do this for every player, particularly the English ones in our squad) - the majority recognise that Alireza had an impressive afternoon

Up the Albion🔵⚪🔵⚪🔵⚪

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    “As well as expected” seems harsh for someone the commentary were saying was probably the best player on the pitch.

If Murray wasn’t such a dead weight player with no touch and no ability to do anything besides poach goals, ARJ could have done even more.

At least 5-6 movements in the box did not happen because Murray can’t be arsed to stop and control a simple pass.

Andone needs to start with ARJ and knocky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Bit harsh to label Murray a dead weight player - he has numerous limitations but has made a valuable contribution towards getting Brighton to the Prem, and (for the time being) keeping us there. He was abysmal today (the Andone substitution was crucial) but I wouldn't put that down to not "being arsed", I think he just had an off day

Comment

Huddersfield at home and Cardiff at home I had circled as opportunities our man needs to take to post up some numbers. One down, one to go and I ain't havin this 'he played well' nonesense, I need cold hard output, my gran could 'play well' as an attacker against Huddersfield at home (safety wink)

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                        Huddersfield at home and Cardiff at home I had circled as opportunities our man needs to take to post up some numbers. One down, one to go and I ain't havin this 'he played well' nonesense, I need cold hard output, my gran could 'play well' as an attacker against Huddersfield at home (safety wink)
                        Yo this one time Saman Ghoddos scored 21 goals in a season playing for a team in the top5 leagues in the world. He got top scorer but the left winger (Ivan Cavaleiro) got sold the next transfer window even though he was crucial to Ghoddos putting in all those goals with his runs/build up play.

True story.

Except it was my Wolverhampton Fifa 18 career mode.

Comment

Great to see the vast majority of BHA fans changing their opinions on JB and now appreciating what he brings to their team. Seems like for a fair number he was the standout, but at least for most they are impressed with his progress from game to game. I personally believe his physical regime to pack more muscle is only now starting to bear fruit (if anything, earlier than I would have predicted given his injury)

He's a confidence player (as a guy who is clearly more intelligent than the average footballer and probably harder on himself too) so all he needs is that one spark of luck and then he may set things on fire.

I believe in him and although it may still take a bit of time, his time will come and we may finally have an EPL player who people really remember (speaking as someone who has seen Ashkan and Ando live)

Comment

Funny how the entire attitude of this thread changes with one decent game

Comment

Originally posted by Lindfield23 View Post
                              I attended today's game and can vouch that this was AJ's best performance in a Brighton shirt - don't take any notice of the minority of "supporters" who slag players off at every opportunity (these kind of people do this for every player, particularly the English ones in our squad) - the majority recognise that Alireza had an impressive afternoon

Up the Albion🔵⚪🔵⚪🔵⚪
                              The momentum gained from this match will be so important going into the derby game against Palace. Should be a tantalizing match given both team's circumstances on top of it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindfield23 View Post
                                Bit harsh to label Murray a dead weight player - he has numerous limitations but has made a valuable contribution towards getting Brighton to the Prem, and (for the time being) keeping us there. He was abysmal today (the Andone substitution was crucial) but I wouldn't put that down to not "being arsed", I think he just had an off day

Murray was a dead weight in the Huddersfield game, a fairer comment than saying ARJ was the best player. ARJ did not do enough to warrant automatic inclusion against Palace (A) as he was only equal to Knockaert as the best winger in the game. Brighton may only play one winger at Palace. Albion team choice is a matter of speculation for this coming game.

Comment

Working...
                                X