• Show
Clear All

excellent, aj played 90 min, they won, which is 2 great combo

Comment

stats: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12...nited-Brighton

Comment

ARJ with very respectable 7.5 rating

Comment

lets keep fingers crossed that Murray recovers and suits up next match...!! without him Brighton will likely struggle mightily for goals and pressure will build up for their over-priced supposed golden boy to step up and contribute on the scoring front..!!
          ARJ clearly not quiet ready for all that in this brighton set-up and it could mount unrealistic pressure on him..!!

For next match CH would be best off switching back to Hammer's game set up, only this time swap out Alireza and Marsh's position...!!
          As a drop back Striker especially playing off of Murray's shoulder, he would be presented with his best chances yet to get a confidence boosting first goal for brighton..!!

Comment

sometimes i wonder if these sofascore and whoscored sites are owned by iranians..!!??
            they seem awful generous with their rankings of nearly all of our boys game in game out ..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              lets keep fingers crossed that Murray recovers and suits up next match...!! without him Brighton will likely struggle mightily for goals and pressure will build up for their over-priced supposed golden boy to step up and contribute on the scoring front..!!
              ARJ clearly not quiet ready for all that in this brighton set-up and it could mount unrealistic pressure on him..!!

For next match CH would be best off switching back to Hammer's game set up, only this time swap out Alireza and Marsh's position...!!
              As a drop back Striker especially playing off of Murray's shoulder, he would be presented with his best chances yet to get a confidence boosting first goal for brighton..!!
              Glenn Murray seemed to be KO cold, which means missing the next match at home to Wolves, he won't be playing. Concussion rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                Glenn Murray seemed to be KO cold, which means missing the next match at home to Wolves, he won't be playing. Concussion rules.
                I hope andone is given a chance next match, I think his fluidity will be better suited for the wolves game, as they struggled with two pacy fwds in delofeu and success today. With ARJ, Izquierdo, and hopefully knockaert underneath him as a fluid attacking three, brighton could definitely get another win at home.

These are the sort of games brighton need to win if they are to move up the table . Yes wolves are a good team, but at the Amex on the back of two straight wins, they need to go for it and release the handbrake a little bit

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  I hope andone is given a chance next match, I think his fluidity will be better suited for the wolves game, as they struggled with two pacy fwds in delofeu and success today. With ARJ, Izquierdo, and hopefully knockaert underneath him as a fluid attacking three, brighton could definitely get another win at home.

These are the sort of games brighton need to win if they are to move up the table . Yes wolves are a good team, but at the Amex on the back of two straight wins, they need to go for it and release the handbrake a little bit

CH doesnt strikes me as the type who would do such a thing..!!
                  im certain they'll risk little offensively, pushing forward with big numbers and will be happy enough with a point to keep the positive momentum going forward next match, especially with their scoring skipper Murray sidelined ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    This is great. Two starts, two wins and gaining coach's trust. I knew this day would come. ARJ's patience and hard work is paying off. Mark my words, soon he will have his chance to score and shine even more.
                    Successive clean sheets. Bruno factor, I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      [/B]
                      CH doesnt strikes me as the type who would do such a thing..!!
                      im certain they'll risk little offensively, pushing forward with big numbers and will be happy enough with a point to keep the positive momentum going forward next match, especially with their scoring skipper Murray sidelined ..!!
                      You can put money on it. It has been tried before and has never worked. Finishing is not good enough.

Word of warning though if thinking of a 0-0 at HT, at home there might be a starting flurry against defensive teams.

Wolves play three at the back (which is asking for trouble against two wingers) so I expect Brighton might even cede possession at the Amex in the first half.

Newcastle did not half struggle to create anything but stopped Brighton except for the fluke goal and the two one on ones with the keeper (characteristically late in the game). Shelvey was the only player to show any quality for the hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by sooskmar View Post
                        I know I’m gonna get blasted here, but I really don’t get what you guys see in ARJ. He is such an very average player even in TM.
                        It’s so embarrassing seeing the comments by Iranians on BHA insta page with the massive hype about him only for them to see he isn’t anything special.
                        With a name like sooskmar what can you expect?

Comment

I know I’m gonna get blasted here, but I really don’t get what you guys see in ARJ. He is such an very average player even in TM.
                          It’s so embarrassing seeing the comments by Iranians on BHA insta page with the massive hype about him only for them to see he isn’t anything special.
                          To be frank, it's not only what we see, it's what Carlos Quieroz, Chris Hughton, Van Den Brom have all seen. In which by the way they are much much much more qualified than you or I to make such statements!

Comment

What are his best attributes?

"The prototypical winger is fast, tricky and enjoys 'hugging' the touchline, that is, running downfield close to the touchline and delivering crosses. However, players with different attributes can thrive on the wing as well."
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder#Winger

The role of the winger is rather complicated nowadays

Solly March: conventional left footed winger, unused medium pace, direct, not tricky, dribbling below average, crossing and shooting below average, very left footed, average at keeping possession, does not run into space much, persistent, average stamina, defending just about adequate
                            PS: lost 2 seasons of development through injury

Anthony Knockaert: inverted left footed winger, slow sprint speed, but medium pace acceleration, very tricky on his left foot, slow close control, crossing average, shooting average, loses possession frequently, does not run into space much, very persistent and hard working, average stamina, defending above average at times

José Izquierdo: inverted right footed winger, quick sprint speed and acceleration, quick close control, crossing average, shooting good to exceptional, runs into space, dribbling above average, crossing average, defending average, average stamina, short passing good, goal instinct above average

Ezequiel Schelotto: right conventional wing-back, above average sprint speed, shooting unknown, crossing below average, positionally erratic, defensive heading above average, passing erratic

Alireza Jahanbakhsh: (as far as I know), conventional right winger, medium pace, most attributes average so far, shooting good by reputation, goal instinct looking above average by observation

Ignores aspects like football intelligence on the field of play which comes down to natural intelligence, tutelage and experience. This is a factor that is not measured by statistics. It can make a slow player much better than his attributes. Or more likely, make an athlete and a good technical player a poor footballer, despite looking good at times.

Comment

^^ sounds about spot on. He isn't really a standout physically or technically, the one aspect of his game which I would say is top notch is his desire and attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                                ^^ sounds about spot on. He isn't really a standout physically or technically, the one aspect of his game which I would say is top notch is his desire and attitude.
                                I would say his game intelligence, footballing IQ as well. His timing of passes, decision, particularly in Holland was just the best in the entire league, above the likes of Neres, Ziyach, Kluivert, and other wingers who are more highly sought after.
                                For TM, I think due to a mental thing, as well as the defensive style of play we dont see this.
                                So far for Brighton, due to lack of confidence and chemistry, we havent seen this. But it is there, and is his best attribute. Once it arrives, then BHAFC fans will truly be aware that they have a different caliber of player on there team, but again, it will take time.
                                My concern is that the style of play just doesnt suit him.

Comment

Working...
                                X