Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    Can we at least expect JB to get some minutes against Liverpool?
    As I just received my AJ16 Brighton jersey in the mail today...the answer to your questions is: YES!

Comment

atleast he killed it today way to go

Comment

It really depends on the game flow. It's possible he could come on, but keep in mind he played 90 minutes today and BHA plays Southampton in the Carabao Cup next Tuesday.

Comment

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...23-vs-arsenal/

Comment

Nope. He played a full match today and he has a Cup game three days after the Liverpool match.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                Nope. He played a full match today and he has a Cup game three days after the Liverpool match.
                He will be a sub at Liverpool so may get some minutes off the bench.

We'd expected him to start against Southampton in the cup game for sure.

Comment

That kit would be perfect with red socks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                    That kit would be perfect with red socks!
                    Except that it would basically be the Mexican kit

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Except that it would basically be the Mexican kit
                      true but i was thinking more about this..

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                        Yep, the drama queens here need to give it a rest.

Actually, I kinda like how the coach is seemingly "protecting" ARJ by giving him time to become fit for a start, and taking pressure off of him.
                        Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                        I think Hughton is a very, very good manager. He fielded basically the same team that played garbage in their first game and they turned around and put in an amazing performance yesterday. He knows how to manage the confidence of his players, and it is exactly why Alireza has played little so far. The EPL is a huge jump for him but he has all the talent. He is getting up to speed and he will be slowly phased in to build his confidence. He is a high profile signing but Hughton knows hes not gonna just hit the ground running. The EPL media and fans can be ruthless, so he is doing the right thing.
                        I think that this is the right way to view it.

Especially after the Summer window and at the start of a new season, there is always a huge amount of focus and attention paid to the new introduction of new players. Everyone wants to know how the new guy did. If ARJ gets to start a little after all of that has died down it will certainly take the pressure off.

I also think it's important to get a team working exactly right, changing things for the sake of it doesn't make sense, and if you have constructed something delicately and carefully, then you don't just chuck something new into it and hope for the best. ARJ will be brought in once CH is happy that everything works together as he wants and once the shirt is next up for grabs. If you have the shirt and you play well, then you keep the shirt.

I'm very excited to see ARJ for us this season, and I think it's actually good news for him that his is coming into a side where he knows his team can beat United, and don't need to depend on him to achieve results like that. A lot of people (including a few here) still seem to underestimate Brighton and As a Brighton fan it actually really pleases me that we have been able to show the kind of quality we showed on Sunday, without using our new big signings. I'm sure if ARJ had played on Sunday and the result had been the same, a lot of you on here would probably be crediting ARJ with the result instead of the team we have already been for a couple of seasons. So it's nice that you guys got to see what we are about, when we put that together with the bigger squad and our the quality of our new signings (including ARJ), it could mean really great things!

We just have to be patient for that part.

Comment

We also need to remember the fundamental principle of football which is a team game, not individual.

As Iranian football fans, we should support the whole team, not only Alireza!

Comment

104 pages! the guy hasn't played yet
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
                              104 pages! the guy hasn't played yet
                              He played in the first game of the season against Watford.

Comment

I've bought the usual ticket for the Cup match vs Southampton. I want to see the new players.

Predicted squads

vs Liverpool (A)
                                Ryan
                                Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
                                Knockaert Stephens Pröpper March
                                Groß
                                Murray
                                subs: Button, Montoya, Balogun, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma, Kayal

vs Southampton (H)
                                Button
                                Montoya Balogun Bernardo Suttner
                                Jahanbakhsh Bissouma Kayal
                                Andone Locadia Hemed
                                subs: Steele, Towell, Gyökeres, Schelotto, White, Barclay, Izquierdo (injured)

Hemed for Izquierdo (injured) ?

Injury doubts: Bruno, Dunk, Izquierdo

Comment

Working...
                                X