Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    I have learn't my lesson before doing trebles of nil conceded when doubles is best. I nearly did winning at HT and FT treble.
    I’ve been trying to stick to in play bets lately, having more luck on it. Won a 700/1 on the horses the other week so trying not to blow any of my winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      I’ve been trying to stick to in play bets lately, having more luck on it. Won a 700/1 on the horses the other week so trying not to blow any of my winnings.
      Brighton to beat Man City in 90 minutes with both teams scoring, should be 45/1 or better.

Wait until the teams are announced ??

Comment

Dress rehearsal for the Man City match. If Brighton cannot stop Jorginho running the show, they are not going to be able to stop Fernandidno or Gündoğan. Got to press him. Before the game I thought Montoya (good at interceptions) would be best but Bernardo might be able to do it?

In the absence of Pascal Groß, creations from open play have dried up this season.

I don't think good midfielders are easy to sign. Brighton wanted to sign Martin Delaney, left sided, when the current midfielders veer to the right on their strongest foot.

Our wingers haven't got the quality to cross from open play or get around on the outside on their weaker foot and usually get shepherded inside.

I cannot see Brighton starting two wingers on the pitch against Man City, more likely to have four full backs.

Downturn in form has coincided with Bruno being left out of the team.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...ty/?ref=twtrec
        Stopping the midfield would probably require the three clown midfielders to actually defend, win and serve playable balls. This has not happened yet and will not happen against MC with these clowns on the pitch and CH's style of kick and rush.

Are you talking about Thomas Delaney? If so, then may be instead of signing AJ for 19m Euros, CH should have signed MD who cost about the same. Apparently the scouting and evaluation of what the team needs at BHA is as great as its playing style and punditry.

If you serve 1 in 10 good balls to your wingers (watch the games again and see the service your wingers get), then you get less than 1 in 10 good crosses unless you are playing against cones. Anyone who has played/coached the game can tell you that.

Against MC you might as well play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1 and bunker in, because with the midfield that you have you are going to get badly buggered in 3 seconds.

And down turn in form has had very little to do with Bruno. He was there for 2 of the 3 games in the winning streak and then disappeared, and before that when he played a bit more BHA was nothing to write home about. If anyone has been there for the losing streaks other than your permanent starters and their lack of ability to string 3 passes together, it has been Bong and to a lesser extent Montoya.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

PS: it seemed we played a virtually full strength Chelsea side in their best form of the season.

I think CH got it slightly wrong when I would have played Montoya or Bernardo instead of Jahanbakhsh from the start. Needed to stop Jorginho as well as Hazard.

It was unfortunate that Locadia and March got injured.
          Even if Jahanbaksh was on the bench,
          Brighton would lose 3-0.

Can you explain why kayal is on the bench? he is the only player that walks & runs without the ball, I don’t like Propper and Stephens.

But still people blame JB every time, it’s not like other players are performing better
          Brighton midfield and defense are just too slow

I really hope he gets loaned out or goes to another club to prove everyone wrong

English football doesn’t suite him he should have gone to Germany like weghorst 12 goals already For Wolfsburg! and weghorst was the guy that was super jealous of JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Preview: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13...-City-Brighton

Notional squad strings five across the middle with two wide men for Brighton. It does not usually pan out quite like that.

In recent games against City, Brighton conceded by a quick breakaway after being caught in possession or by misdirecting a pass playing out of defence. The very first goal was conceded after a Brighton corner.

Comment

My review of the game is: Brighton need to keep the possession while they are allowed to have it. Even seconds after kick-off Brighton lost the ball instantly to Chelsea. Sure, maybe Brighton can't do much with possession in a attacking sense, but having possession also means the other team will have a harder time to attack.

This could mean to play fewer long balls. Against Chelsea, I found that Andone had trouble reaching/controlling crosses coming from the deep, maybe it is because he is shorter than Murray, but this feels like something you use when Murray plays. Andone seems to like to come in deeper and sometimes even run out to the wings, this means Brighton really need to hammer in more possession based play if they want to use Andone, atleast in this formation.

If you play long balls and Andone can't control/reach it, it also means that the wingers can't get involved. The play just dies instantly and the possession falls to Chelsea again, and Brightons wingers need to run back and defend again, and then Andone once again becomes the only option upfront and the cycle continues.

Overall it feels like Brighton has completely disconnected units. You have the defenders that do well imho, the CM's that sometimes work well with defenders, then the wingers and strikers, that seem to be detached from the rest of the team. It's weird since you'd imagine atleast the CM's and wingers will be connected well, but I just can't see them having a partnership in this team. They don't seem to know how to play with eachother, which once again seems to lead to losing possession. Just a general comment.

This is only my own opinion, I was doing other things while watching the game and I probably didn't catch everything.

Comment

ARJ was the only player maintaning Hazard. As soon as ARJ got moved to the left, Hazard took over. I dont know how much more we can expect from him when he is playing RWB or LWB. Brighton wouldve been better off buying Mohammadi for playing those positions.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by happydoggo View Post
                  My review of the game is: Brighton need to keep the possession while they are allowed to have it. Even seconds after kick-off Brighton lost the ball instantly to Chelsea. Sure, maybe Brighton can't do much with possession in a attacking sense, but having possession also means the other team will have a harder time to attack.

This could mean to play fewer long balls. Against Chelsea, I found that Andone had trouble reaching/controlling crosses coming from the deep, maybe it is because he is shorter than Murray, but this feels like something you use when Murray plays. Andone seems to like to come in deeper and sometimes even run out to the wings, this means Brighton really need to hammer in more possession based play if they want to use Andone, atleast in this formation.

If you play long balls and Andone can't control/reach it, it also means that the wingers can't get involved. The play just dies instantly and the possession falls to Chelsea again, and Brightons wingers need to run back and defend again, and then Andone once again becomes the only option upfront and the cycle continues.

Overall it feels like Brighton has completely disconnected units. You have the defenders that do well imho, the CM's that sometimes work well with defenders, then the wingers and strikers, that seem to be detached from the rest of the team. It's weird since you'd imagine atleast the CM's and wingers will be connected well, but I just can't see them having a partnership in this team. They don't seem to know how to play with eachother, which once again seems to lead to losing possession. Just a general comment.

This is only my own opinion, I was doing other things while watching the game and I probably didn't catch everything.

Rightly or wrongly, when Brighton concede possession they fall back into shape rather than win the ball back straight away, at least in the first hour. In this way away from home and against the top six they tend to have possession of less than 50%, averaging out at 44.5% which is 16th, only better than Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and Cardiff, but all bar the top 6 are under 50% on their travels. cf Man City 62.9% and only Chelsea are above 60% away from home.

Passing away from home is at 75%, 15th, cf. Man City 88%, Chelsea 88.2%. This confirms my allegation that Chelsea was a dress rehearsal.

Other points: Locadia was chosen as target striker but got injured late on. Andone is a second striker put into a target role he is not suited to.

Even from open play, Brighton have the highest number of accurate crosses away crosses of 4.9 per game with 10.3 inaccurate. cf. Man City 2.9 accurate and 15.9 inaccurate. Man City have the most accurate away corners at an astonishing 4 per game, inaccurate 4.1. Brighton are sixth with 2.2 accurate, 1.5 inaccurate away from home.

Brighton have a very high proportion of long passes at 19% with about 44% of them accurate. Only Man City have more than 50% long ball passes accurate (57%). It would be better if Brighton did not waste so many long balls, but they are not on their own, most clubs resort to the long pass quite often and more often inaccurate. (I bet these include keeper clearances.)

All in all, the top 6 are on a different level than the rest.

Comment

Brighton just sucks as a team and against Chelsea they couldn't even hold the ball for 30 seconds. Their midfield is non existent. Jahanbakhsh chose the wrong team for sure. lets hope he still manages to score some goals, it's about time

Comment

Brighton to beat Man City in 90 minutes with both teams scoring, should be 45/1 or better.
                      Wait until the teams are announced ??
                      Wow if that happens then I take my hat off to you 😀

Comment

The problem with it is that to Brighton fans he is there club record signing , a lot of money for where they are from and came as the top scorer from Holland and that is how he would have been sold to them. So they are expecting goals and assists and some payback for the money spent. I’m guessing most the fans watch the team as a whole when he plays unlike us fans of his who focus on his game when plays and can see the good stuff he is doing and know what his game was from before Brighton.
                        He could play terrible for them but be getting a few goals and Brighton fans would prob be happy cos he is putting the ball in the back of the net.

Comment

Rightly or wrongly, when Brighton concede possession they fall back into shape rather than win the ball back straight away, at least in the first hour. In this way away from home and against the top six they tend to have possession of less than 50%, averaging out at 44.5% which is 16th, only better than Palace, Newcastle, Burnley and Cardiff, but all bar the top 6 are under 50% on their travels. cf Man City 62.9% and only Chelsea are above 60% away from home.

Passing away from home is at 75%, 15th, cf. Man City 88%, Chelsea 88.2%. This confirms my allegation that Chelsea was a dress rehearsal.

Other points: Locadia was chosen as target striker but got injured late on. Andone is a second striker put into a target role he is not suited to.

Even from open play, Brighton have the highest number of accurate crosses away crosses of 4.9 per game with 10.3 inaccurate. cf. Man City 2.9 accurate and 15.9 inaccurate. Man City have the most accurate away corners at an astonishing 4 per game, inaccurate 4.1. Brighton are sixth with 2.2 accurate, 1.5 inaccurate away from home.

Brighton have a very high proportion of long passes at 19% with about 44% of them accurate. Only Man City have more than 50% long ball passes accurate (57%). It would be better if Brighton did not waste so many long balls, but they are not on their own, most clubs resort to the long pass quite often and more often inaccurate. (I bet these include keeper clearances.)

All in all, the top 6 are on a different level than the rest.
                          Thanks. Pretty much tells you that in a very defensive setting the flank play is adequate while the midfield and central play (i.e. possession and ball/tempo control) is lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
                            Thanks. Pretty much tells you that in a very defensive setting the flank play is adequate while the midfield and central play (i.e. possession and ball/tempo control) is lacking.
                            It could just be numbers, with two wingers Brighton have one extra on the flanks and one less in midfield. It also means that a longer pass is needed to reach them.
                            Playing one winger would enable an extra man in midfield and rectify the weakness in the middle of the park without replacing players.

CH choice of tactics, not mine.

This season Brighton have been missing the hard running and creativity of Pascal Groß.

Comment

BHA needs far more pace & quality in CM position
                              Stephens & Propper are dogshit & Bessima still raw ..! The one guy who has shown occasional flashes of quality (Kayal) seemed to be benched all the time ..!
                              There are other issues that need addressing but CM seems to me as often the most underperforming position for them .!

Comment

It could just be numbers, with two wingers Brighton have one extra on the flanks and one less in midfield. It also means that a longer pass is needed to reach them.
                                Playing one winger would enable an extra man in midfield and rectify the weakness in the middle of the park without replacing players.

CH choice of tactics, not mine.
                                As a whole BHA defends too deep and too passive (falls back into defensive shape as a whole with not even one player pressuring at the opponents point of attack).

A lot of teams do a great to fairly decent job of controlling the midfield with 3 players. In many of those, there is a forward that drops to help the middle and then move up to the middle of the front line. Murray is not that and I do not know who in BHA is. The 4-3-3 that CH has a fetish for would do great with a forward like that. In other systems, the wings drop back and 2 of the middle 3 drop to a more defensive positions with CAM staying up in a 3 man midfield line. So CH has options but he needs to be a bit more of a manager and less of a trainer.

The balls played through the center if not long, are usually stuck in the midfield and take the speed out of the attack. This is because Bissouma gets the ball and takes a long time to figure out what is going on, and by then he is closed down and loses the ball (may be he is not Gross). The other two midfielders really seem like D-mids w/o much vision or creativity (clones of each other), at least from what I have seen. I love to see Kayal replace Stephens or Proper. In couple of games that I have seen him, he seems to bring more energy and movement to the midfield.

The center backs are usually left hanging and forward line is not served because of terrible midfield play.

The overlap/exchange play between the wings and their side's full backs (Bernardo and Montoya) are good when the ball is moved up the flanks, which is much quicker than centrally played balls. I am not sure what happened to Solly March but he has been regressing, but AC and AR seem to do and adequate job given their defensive duties and lack of MF support.

The games I saw Bong play, he really scared me because of his lack of soccer common sense. Bruno is good if you want a stay at home back, where he does not have to do a lot of recovery work.

On crosses, there is very little movement to the ball, to open space or to space by the center forward, opposite side winger or trailing MF. It is like playing Irish style, find the tall guy, have him stand in the middle of the box and try to bounce the ball off his head and hope for the best.

I am not as familiar with Pascal Gross as with the current midfield line up, but I think Bissouma is supposed to be the replacement creative midfielder. Problem with Bissouma is as I said above. I truly wished BHA had bought Thomas Delaney as opposed to Bissouma and AJ if they were looking for quick results; however, I am sure that if not both at least AJ will pan out in the long term (much better next season and very solid from there).

Lets just hope BHA does not drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X