Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    He played 15 minutes lol. What more can he do in 15 minutes? Dribble the entire team and score a peach? He's not Neymar.
    My point stands. Did he do anything special? No. Has he had enough time to say he's not worth the money? No.

He's not supposed to be just average, but it was encouraging that he was more calm today and didn't try to force anything like he had in the prior games. He'll be himself in another month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
      I noticed more than one unsuccesfull dribble. Knockaert looks much more of a threat when he is on the ball than JB. Put your Iranian glasses off.
      JB's performance was mediocre at best.
      Lol this guy must be trolling. He had 1 good run at the beginning of the game that resulted in a cross with an on goal header. He had 2 solid tackles/defensive actions that stopped fulham attacks from the wing, he had at least another cross that lead to a shot on target (not 100% certain of this one gotta go back and check) and he also had one great run to keep the ball at the very edge of the corner right beside the flag that also resulted in a chance. He had 1-2 missed dribble.

How is that a mediocre performance? I’d call that at WORSE average.

Also didn’t help that retard Montaya was literally sticking his ass up JBs back trying to get balls in JBs position and telling him to move up when there wasn’t any space to move up. Not only did he take a lot of the balls from JB doing that but he also prevented a lot of attacks from taking place cause this idiot was constantly closing up right flank attacking options by sticking to his winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
        How is that a mediocre performance? I’d call that at WORSE average.
        Mediocre means average

Comment

wow so many people here slagging off AJ and other Iranian expatriate footballers. Funny how so many of these slaggers actually wanted them so badly to get signed up by teams in top leagues.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
            Mediocre means average
            But here’s the thing, he was at worse average. I would easily say he had a good 15 mins. He provided attacking options from the flank and prevented attacking runs from opposing team. What else do you expect from him in the last 15 mins?

Comment

Originally posted by oreosx11 View Post
              My point stands. Did he do anything special? No. Has he had enough time to say he's not worth the money? No.

He's not supposed to be just average, but it was encouraging that he was more calm today and didn't try to force anything like he had in the prior games. He'll be himself in another month or two.
              Sure, he didn't do anything special, but if you expect him to do something special in 15 minutes of play, then maybe we have different standards.

Comment

THERE IS A REASON FORT THIS PEOPLE. WAKE UP.
                the coach isnt giving him confidence. Constant benchings and 10 mins here and there does there doesnt get a players confidence up.
                If you want a truly bad performance, look to the Left wing. Solly march was atrocious. The guy hit the first man on every cross, and gave up possession countless times in great areas, AND missed a crucial 1 on 1.
                ARJs problem was he didnt demand the ball. Montoya wouldnt give it to him, and he seemed content to play it safe. Knockaert and ARJ need to start on the wings. March is a championship level player.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  Sure, he didn't do anything special, but if you expect him to do something special in 15 minutes of play, then maybe we have different standards.
                  I don't expect him to do it in 15 minutes alone but the minutes add up and eventually he will need to do something. Most likely he'll set up a nice assist thru pass with his vision before he does anything else but we'll see. That takes him getting used to his teammates play style and speed... So yes it will take time and more game minutes but it'll come

Comment

WGF what the AJ bashers say. Here is an excerp from the match report on BHA website
                    "Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Jurgen Locadia were introduced for the final 15 minutes, and the pair combined well, as the Dutchman’s header from Jahanbakhsh’s cross was saved by Bettinelli.
                    But with time running out, the Seagulls had a chance to restore parity to the scoreline when Mitrovic was penalised for a handball inside the box and Murray successfully converted the penalty with 84 minutes played to avoid a potentially harsh defeat."
                    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                    نگاه میکنید.
                    sigpic
                    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

ARJ and Locadia should start next match over March and Gross
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

interesting piece about Bong with a bit about ARJ
                        http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1661...taying-united/

Comment

You can see from the little that he has played that he is still working on a relationship with the others around him, one thing we know about him is that he will be working hard in the training ground to work on this. I would like to see him move into a more central position where he can influence the game more as he is such a clever player.
                          Hopefully he starts some games and gets more game time to help with his confidence.

Comment

Patience my young grasshoppers.

Wait until after the Asian Cup (mid point) to really see where ARJ is at. He did well today, nothing too flashy but covered well and distributed well.

Comment

It seems like a lot of the people complaining about his performance don't play (or even watch) football on the regular.
                              Your expectations have to be near 0 for a 15 min sub. That is simply not long enough to grow into the game. Once in a while someone will perform a miracle and there are 2-3 players in the EPL who have a better average of making a difference in the last 15 min (e.g. Giroud). Other than that, it is basically a hail Mary.

Despite all of this I think JB did well. He was marginally offside for one call and mistimed a dribble or two, but he hustled a lot, was involved in one of the dangerous plays and contributed defensively. He also would have had a nice one-two if his clueless team mate did not turn and pass sideways.

Comment

I'd be curious to see how BHA plays with Knockaert and Alireza playing at the same time. Meaning one of them would have to play on the left, but its a interesting setup to me.

March seems to start games hot, but teeters off in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X