Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
    Premier league has been a black hole for our players..
    Ando had a decent spell with Bolton Wanderers though. However short lived

Comment

It's because we are not sending the correct players to the Premier League!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
        Premier league has been a black hole for our players..
        Whether it’s the best league in the world is a bit subjective & debatable I suppose , , but imo EPL is certainly the most challenging league to play in for any player, especially for the foreign players ..!
        Probably the fastest pace of play, one of the most physical if not the most, rainy, cold Overall tokhmy playing & training conditions, perhaps the riche$t overall ?(TV right$ & high tran$fer fees ) ? Probably the most passionate football mad country in the world ? the immense & often unrealistic fan expectations that frequently results from that,
        The most organized & challenging hierarchy of lower & U leagues feeding it ..! Also Many lower ranked teams in EPL still posing challenges to a handful of top tier clubs there ...! The high number of games & the big depth in squads of most EPL teams often 3 or more players in each position vying for playing minutes..!
        Add to that the inherent disdain & prejuices that the English government & even many of their folks have for Iranians & you can see why our players haven’t faired too well in EPL.

Comment

Pascal Groß expected to miss Cardiff game:
          https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/172...ss-for-albion/

Competition for the hard running midfield role which involves taking the corners and free kicks and being a threat in attack. Davy Pröpper is possibly first choice to replace Groß, but he is injured as well. It does not require as much defending as other positions. Who is it going to be vs Cardiff?

Beram Kayal is possible second choice on current form, but he will be required to occupy Pröpper's defensive midfield role.

It looks like its Alireza Jahanbakhsh's chance to make an impression in the role he must have been signed for, or as second striker.
          I can't seem ARJ as an out and out winger: he doesn't seem quick or tricky enough?

Competition for attacking midfielder/second striker (also including the wing positions), pen three from: March, Knockaert, Schelotto, Izquierdo, Bissouma, Andone, Locadia.

NB: Foreign players at Brighton from the Bundesliga have adapted better and quicker than from other leagues. All players have said the EPL is quicker and there are no easy games. La Liga players are quite successful, players from Eredivsie have been disappointing. CH seems to like the Dutch football though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
            It's because we are not sending the correct players to the Premier League!
            Absolutely agree! JB to Premier was a head scratcher. On one hand I am super proud of him for taking the challenge head on and trying to prove himself in the best league in the world. On the other hand, as many have stated here, he would have been a better fit in Bundesliga, Serie A, or La Liga.

I think for sure Sardar, Saman, Ezzie, and perhaps Milad would do fairly well in the EPL.

Comment

For me, Izquierdo has been the most disappointing. Unless the guy is still not 100%. After seeing his stats and the hearing from the Brighton fans, I'm sure they can agree too that he has been disappointing. ARJ hasn't got to the best start but the boy hasn't even started 5 match to have a proper form to judge him by. Regardless how the year goes for him, Brighton fans need to be patient with him. He will have his time. As for Izqueirdo goes, I think ARJ should start instead of him next game and play with Knockaert on the right. They seem to have a better chemistry together and the way Brighton plays they will not be given enough room out on the flanks for the wingers to make runs. They will have to play more of an inverted role and thats why ARJ suits them better playing on the left so he can create plays coming inwards.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

AJ should by no means be written off. There's a reason we all watch him every weekend, and it's because deep down we know that he has something special within him and its only a matter of time for him to find his feet. My biggest fear would be for the fans to turn on him, because that would only delay this and make it harder for him to build confidence.

Comment

ARJ will get either his first goal or assist this saturday mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    ARJ will get either his first goal or assist this saturday mark my words
                    I would hope so, Cardiff is Championship side

Comment

Any news on his injury? Will he be available for the next match?

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                        Any news on his injury? Will he be available for the next match?
                        He wasn't in the midweek training photos so I'm not sure. We'll have the official update tomorrow. I'm not expecting him in anything more than a substitute role because CH won't risk anything with him leading into another international break. Might get to see andone instead of March so they can have a winger on the bench but who knows

Comment

From today's press conference:
                          "Jahanbakhsh also picked up a slight strain last weekend and he hasn't trained this week so will probably miss out."

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/st...36668212617216

Comment

That sucks. When Brighton face an easy opponent, he isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                              They save him for the challenging ones

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                                i know, but we have Asian Cup. better to play safe.
                                A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Working...
                                X