Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kas-r View Post
    This is such a clownish and childish reaction. But then again, this whole forum is full with immature fanboys who can't handle criticism of their favourite player. You won't rarely see this type of behaviour among people with roots in a developed country. This is a trait which people from underdeveloped nations usually adopt because they have never learnt culturally how to handle criticism or to channel their emotions. You are perfectly demonstrating such deficiencies in Iranian culture. Chapeau.
    Actually it is in Iranian culture more than any other culture I have seen that people degrade a fellow countrymen who is trying to progress somewhere. Every other country in the world supports players in the situation of JB even if they are in bad form.

Comment

Sorry to say but Brighton is most probably one of the most boring team in EPL to watch.

Comment

This is such a clownish and childish reaction. But then again, this whole forum is full with immature fanboys who can't handle criticism of their favourite player. You won't rarely see this type of behaviour among people with roots in a developed country. This is a trait which people from underdeveloped nations usually adopt because they have never learnt culturally how to handle criticism or to channel their emotions. You are perfectly demonstrating such deficiencies in Iranian culture. Chapeau.
        Ok azizam, to kheyli khoobi! Baghiye ma badim.

Next time you want to generalize, troll and hate because of your own insecurities don't be surprised if you get responses like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
          First thoughts:
          1) Brighton did no better, no worse, than the Europa clubs visiting Chelsea
          2) Hazard is world class, (we knew that anyway) playing just ordinary
          3) Plus points: Bissouma, Bruno
          4) Minus points: Jahanbakhsh, Knockaert
          5) Over the two matches, Chelsea were the best we have played this season (so far)
          6) Possession 68-32% Shots 17-3
          7) I was going to put a treble bet on for the 3 home EPL teams tonight put the odds were too poor
          8) I want to see Izquierdo on the pitch at sometime against Man City.
          In reaction to number 7 the bet would have been home teams to win and Both teams not to score. I had the three with Celtic and Napoli, was about 5/2 and Napoli let me down.

Comment

You sound like a colonialist with your use of "developed" and "underdeveloped" and a racist one at that
            Your assessment of JB is also way exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              In reaction to number 7 the bet would have been home teams to win and Both teams not to score. I had the three with Celtic and Napoli, was about 5/2 and Napoli let me down.
              I have learn't my lesson before doing trebles of nil conceded when doubles is best. I nearly did winning at HT and FT treble.

Comment

First thoughts:
                1) Brighton did no better, no worse, than the Europa clubs visiting Chelsea
                2) Hazard is world class, (we knew that anyway) playing just ordinary
                3) Plus points: Bissouma, Bruno
                4) Minus points: Jahanbakhsh, Knockaert
                5) Over the two matches, Chelsea were the best we have played this season (so far)
                6) Possession 68-32% Shots 17-3
                7) I was going to put a treble bet on for the 3 home EPL teams tonight put the odds were too poor
                8) I want to see Izquierdo on the pitch at sometime against Man City.
                Did not watch the game, why are you saying Jahanbakhsh was a minus point? People are saying it was one of his better games and he made good passes here... Do you want Izquiero starting ahead of him for Man City?

Comment

Jahanbakhsh was the only one showing class in attack, two world-class pinpoint long balls which crossed one side of the pitch to the other for March, the first lobbed one was something else with that dip at the end.... I don't think the fans really notice or really care about this stuff. Knockaert tried one cross-pitch pass to JB which missed him by half the width of the pitch.

In the first half he tried to get some moves going in Chelsea's side of the pitch but the Brighton players were just too slow. He then faded and became more anonymous in the second half, by which point Hughton moved the increasingly erratic Knockaert to the right and JB went on the left.

I agree with some of their criticism but it is hyperbolic - they call him "awful" because he gives away the ball when trying to take the man on, but the reason is that he is pretty much the only one who takes the man on. The problem is that this team, which has done very well to get where they are let's not forget, just don't have the team and resources to play pretty football, he is trying to make things happen. The fact he did it a few times in the game suggests Hughton has instructed him to do so. Clearly it's pissing off the fans but what is he supposed to do, the movement and anticipation of the players around him really didn't give him options.

The fans need to be a little less stressed about dispossession - he hasn't even had many per minute on the pitch: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...s/dispossessed

He tracked back very well by the way, he is definitely putting a shift in sprinting up and down the pitch.

My key point:

He certainly wasn't the best player for Brighton, far from it. But he was definitely the classiest player, the one who did the most continental-class moves. If a scout was defrosted after being cryogenically frozen for 2 decades, came and saw Brighton play, he would be the one they would look to sign. Am glad that Hughton, at least, values that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Did not watch the game, why are you saying Jahanbakhsh was a minus point? People are saying it was one of his better games and he made good passes here... Do you want Izquiero starting ahead of him for Man City?
                    I'm afraid both Jahanbakhsh and Knockaert were outclassed against a very good top six Chelsea side on their home ground. Mistakes outweighed any positive contribution. Almost all the Brighton team struggled against a new Chelsea with a semi-effective pressing game in their repertory. The only Brighton players that could live with this company on the night were Bruno and Bissouma, with Dunk doing OK at times. The rest of the starting team tried OK but got outplayed by a better team on the night.

My opinion of the four Albion wingers is that they all have their faults and there is not much to choose between them playing wide in a 4-5-1. Opposition and other players chosen dictates the choice of who should start. In a game against the top six clubs, I always prefer Izquierdo because he is the quickest and has proven that he can shoot. Izquierdo is quick enough to exploit any gaps in a breakaway.

Still, Chelsea had to get past the Brighton deep defence and that needed Hazard, again!

Comment

PS: it seemed we played a virtually full strength Chelsea side in their best form of the season.

I think CH got it slightly wrong when I would have played Montoya or Bernardo instead of Jahanbakhsh (16 passes) from the start. Needed to stop Jorginho (161 passes) as well as Hazard.

It was unfortunate that Locadia and March got injured.

Comment

Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

FA Cup Semi-final 2018-19
                        Saturday 6 April 2019 17:30 BST

Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Wembley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup
                        '
                        '

Comment

He will score again man city, just watch
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

PS: it seemed we played a virtually full strength Chelsea side in their best form of the season.

I think CH got it slightly wrong when I would have played Montoya or Bernardo instead of Jahanbakhsh (16 passes) from the start. Needed to stop Jorginho (161 passes) as well as Hazard.

It was unfortunate that Locadia and March got injured.
                            It is hard to take you serious when you compare the number of passes by a midfield player on a team with decent passing/possession game (710+ and 63%) and defenders that can actually pass the ball to a winger on a team whose midfield (Proper, Stephens and Bissouma) and defenders can't hit the broad side of a barn and just hoof the ball up field with the ball if their life depended on it (sub 300 passing and 37% possession). Stopping Jorginho may be should have been something the freaking midfield (Proper, Stephens) should have done since Bissouma is defensively useless and offensively a disaster. I much rather have Kayak in there instead of one of the three clowns that CH is playing ATM.
                            It also is completely moronic to think that you can all of the sudden reincarnate Bruno, who has not even been included in the bench for many games, and Bong, who has not started since Leicester game in the defense instead of semi workable line up of Bernardo and Montoya.

It all goes back to what I told you before, the spine of your team sucks. More, your players from Murray to midfielders etc. receive the ball ball leaning way back and are in no position to move to the ball or complete a wall pass (check out CP and Southampton games). Say what you want about AJ or AK but your team had proper number of crosses on goal but your number 9s are either slow to move to space, have terrible communication with the crosser or misread the ball.

Hope you get full points from CC and Bournemouth and NC, and but some real midfielders for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
                              It is hard to take you serious when you compare the number of passes by a midfield player on a team with decent passing/possession game (710+ and 63%) and defenders that can actually pass the ball to a winger on a team whose midfield (Proper, Stephens and Bissouma) and defenders can't hit the broad side of a barn and just hoof the ball up field with the ball if their life depended on it (sub 300 passing and 37% possession). Stopping Jorginho may be should have been something the freaking midfield (Proper, Stephens) should have done since Bissouma is defensively useless and offensively a disaster. I much rather have Kayak in there instead of one of the three clowns that CH is playing ATM.
                              It also is completely moronic to think that you can all of the sudden reincarnate Bruno, who has not even been included in the bench for many games, and Bong, who has not started since Leicester game in the defense instead of semi workable line up of Bernardo and Montoya.

It all goes back to what I told you before, the spine of your team sucks. More, your players from Murray to midfielders etc. receive the ball ball leaning way back and are in no position to move to the ball or complete a wall pass (check out CP and Southampton games). Say what you want about AJ or AK but your team had proper number of crosses on goal but your number 9s are either slow to move to space, have terrible communication with the crosser or misread the ball.

Hope you get full points from CC and Bournemouth and NC, and but some real midfielders for next season.
                              Dress rehearsal for the Man City match. If Brighton cannot stop Jorginho running the show, they are not going to be able to stop Fernandidno or Gündoğan. Got to press him. Before the game I thought Montoya (good at interceptions) would be best but Bernardo might be able to do it?

In the absence of Pascal Groß, creations from open play have dried up this season.

I don't think good midfielders are easy to sign. Brighton wanted to sign Martin Delaney, left sided, when the current midfielders veer to the right on their strongest foot.

Our wingers haven't got the quality to cross from open play or get around on the outside on their weaker foot and usually get shepherded inside.

I cannot see Brighton starting two wingers on the pitch against Man City, more likely to have four full backs.

Downturn in form has coincided with Bruno being left out of the team.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...ty/?ref=twtrec

Comment

Dress rehearsal for the Man City match. If Brighton cannot stop Jorginho running the show, they are not going to be able to stop Fernandidno or Gündoğan. Got to press him. Before the game I thought Montoya (good at interceptions) would be best but Bernardo might be able to do it?

In the absence of Pascal Groß, creations from open play have dried up this season.

I don't think good midfielders are easy to sign. Brighton wanted to sign Martin Delaney, left sided, when the current midfielders veer to the right on their strongest foot.

Our wingers haven't got the quality to cross from open play or get around on the outside on their weaker foot and usually get shepherded inside.

I cannot see Brighton starting two wingers on the pitch against Man City, more likely to have four full backs.

Downturn in form has coincided with Bruno being left out of the team.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/175...ty/?ref=twtrec
                                i've just seen the highlights of the game as i missed the full game. im baffled at how people here blame JB for a weak performance when 99% of the balls were in the posession of chelsea, brighton wasa being exploited on the opposite side of what JB was playing.

and about the Quality wingers.. let manager grow a pair of balls to play attacking instead of letting the team play defensive af. you cannot expect even the best players to have any impact if your team can't play attacking, or hold the ball, or can't even think where they have to pass the ball. JB is well known for his pinpoint accuracy of passes, crosses. give the man some freedom in attack and he'll create. atm brighton will have a very hard time even if all those guys you suggest would play in JB's spot. the team just don't play fast, doesn't have playing iq to do what is neccesary to attack. only thing i've seen so far is that it is just relying on a fast lob forward to 1 guy who is 40 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X