Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Well shit if this was 2015 right now of course I'd want Jahanbakhsh playing for Leicester
    Swop him for Demarai Gray?

Not sure I would want either on current form?

Difficult to replicate the Brighton goal!? Difficult to prevent!?

Comment

He’s clearly finding the offense-to-defense expectations, pace, physics and space at a different level compared to the Dutch league and in changing gear he needs time. You could see at the end he was flat out on his back! despite his shortcomings the manager who could have easily taken him off is giving him the full 90 minutes as he see him in the bigger picture.

Whichever way you see this - 3 back-to-back wins and 9 points with JB onboard.
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Brighton are turning into the new ‘George Graham’ Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
          I feel the only Iranian player which can make an impact in EPL is Ghodoos
          Azmoun is already used to a physical, gritty league. I can easily see him thriving in the EPL
          But AJB shouldn't be written off yet, this is only his third start

Comment

I haven’t watched the last two Brighton games, are they still playing a fluid three behind Murray?
            I would be interested to see ARJ being given the Solly March role. I know that isn’t his normal position but he is playing in a different team. On the wing he has to concentrate and focus as much on tracking his man and doing defending work. Putting him in that position will let him focus on his attacking play and give him some more time to work on his fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              I haven’t watched the last two Brighton games, are they still playing a fluid three behind Murray?
              I would be interested to see ARJ being given the Solly March role. I know that isn’t his normal position but he is playing in a different team. On the wing he has to concentrate and focus as much on tracking his man and doing defending work. Putting him in that position will let him focus on his attacking play and give him some more time to work on his fitness.
              Very much the interchange of the three front positions was noticeable in the first half live. This was encouraging and gave Brighton the advantage in the first half with Solly March being the most effective. It produced a good chance early on: Izqueirdo broke forward quickly down the other end and picked out March, whose enticing ball across the box was narrowly missed by the onrushing Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

The other thing that TV watchers may have missed was ARJ was man-marking Costa at corners. Not that single ball ever reached Costa.

ARJ dribbling style was not effective in this game. Brighton seemed to have ditched their experimental pressing game for the last 3 games as it was leaking goals. Playing two wingers, or even three, cedes possession in midfield through lack of numbers in the middle of the park. Not my first choice system, but it seems to be the CH style.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Also RIP to the elderly Brighton fan that died today. I know I may joke around and say Brighton have a bad defense or bad manager or Brighton are to relegate (I don’t truly mean it) and I’m sorry for that. Along with all that happens today (Pittsburgh situation, Helicopter crash) today was one of the worst of days, and I wish the best for everybody!
                https://www.lcfc.com/news/890995/clu.../press-release

Comment

I was there with a fellow PFDC member, we were sitting close to the pitch by the tunnel which meant we were very close to AJ all of the first half and the last 10 mins when he switched to the left. Unfortunately he played a very poor game, his touch was really poor and what frustrated us the most was that he kept hiding from the ball! On two occasions Bruno wanted to pass to him but he pointed to another player which caused CH to shout at him.

He did pretty well defensively and honestly ran up and down the field on so many occasions. He looks heavy legged and slower than he did in Holland, I still have very high hopes for him, he just needs that one goal to get his confidence back. It seems like he plays as he seems to be the team's lucky charm! Really hope he does better against Everton next week. At the end of the match we shouted out his name and despite being exhausted he ran to us, took photos with us and shook our hands, hands down on every occasion that I've met him he's been the nicest person ever, what a gentleman.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                    . At the end of the match we shouted out his name and despite being exhausted he ran to us, took photos with us and shook our hands, hands down on every occasion that I've met him he's been the nicest person ever, what a gentleman.
                    Share pics if you don’t mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                      I was there with a fellow PFDC member, we were sitting close to the pitch by the tunnel which meant we were very close to AJ all of the first half and the last 10 mins when he switched to the left. Unfortunately he played a very poor game, his touch was really poor and what frustrated us the most was that he kept hiding from the ball! On two occasions Bruno wanted to pass to him but he pointed to another player which caused CH to shout at him.
                      He did pretty well defensively and honestly ran up and down the field on so many occasions. He looks heavy legged and slower than he did in Holland, I still have very high hopes for him, he just needs that one goal to get his confidence back. It seems like he plays as he seems to be the team's lucky charm! Really hope he does better against Everton next week. At the end of the match we shouted out his name and despite being exhausted he ran to us, took photos with us and shook our hands, hands down on every occasion that I've met him he's been the nicest person ever, what a gentleman.
                      Being match fit is very important. Playing 10/15 min as sub or even training hard and playing against your team mate never gives you that match fitness that would make you shine on a match day. He needs a few full 90 minutes to get that match fitness. I reckon he will start to have real impact on the game pretty soon although he is not a bad player as it is because playing well in a team does not boil down to assists and scoring goals. He is making useful contribution to his team as things stand. When the guy who got the ball JB pulls away to give him the space to pass to Murry which ended in goal. This kind of contribution and clever playing usually goes unnoticed.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I wish him the best, not the most talented one but really hard working kid, he came long way from Damash to play in EPL. I agree with Salar, one goal and assist can really help his level of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                          Being match fit is very important. Playing 10/15 min as sub or even training hard and playing against your team mate never gives you that match fitness that would make you shine on a match day. He needs a few full 90 minutes to get that match fitness. I reckon he will start to have real impact on the game pretty soon although he is not a bad player as it is because playing well in a team does not boil down to assists and scoring goals. He is making useful contribution to his team as things stand. When the guy who got the ball JB pulls away to give him the space to pass to Murry which ended in goal. This kind of contribution and clever playing usually goes unnoticed.
                          Totally agree. Not to mention that every game he's started in has led to a BHA victory...this is not merely a coincidence.

Comment

it is precisely a mere coincidence

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                              it is precisely a mere coincidence
                              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...95e5f7a6a7f4c3

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Totally agree. Not to mention that every game he's started in has led to a BHA victory...this is not merely a coincidence.
                                Recent upsurge in results could be attributed to the return of Bruno, but more likely the abolition of Brighton's unsuccessful attempt of gegenpressing, which caused the defence to be leaky without producing any more goals.

Pascal Groß has an injury set back and will miss the next four games at least. And Davy Pröpper is still injured. This gives Alireza Jahanbakhsh ample opportunity to make his mark, which he has shown very little sign yet. Brighton's midfield has been well below last season and the attack has been below par so far. The defence has improved its defending from set pieces (from apalling to quite good).

Comment

Working...
                                X