Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    Also should be noted that he's the 2nd Iranian football product to play in the premier league, last one being Ando 10 years ago
    yea i suppose bagheri and our forever-young, 16 year old prodigy Kaabi's short stints dont really count..!!?
    or they were in Championship rather than EPL..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      We also had Kaebi, unfortunately he never really got a chance to play much! I don't know if you count Dejagah also, he did a fantastic job!
      Dejagha was definitely more a product of German football, so he wouldnt count...!

point is that as a nation, we simply have not faired well in EPL ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        Indeed and thats what I hate about AFC!
        first they changed the pattern that we had till AFC 2004, and went to 07, 11, 15, and 19; reason “not to overlap with UEFA !?!
        and then they changed the cup from a late summer event into a spring event, reason “to please Persian Gulf nations and avoid events in hot weather” !?! idk, ppl can argue abt this but I wished the old format would be back. Yes I understand playing in UAE in hot summer is not desirable, but AFC can coordinate better with sister confederations UEFA and elsewhere for better arrangements... my two cents...
        Fully agree. There is possibly an imperative that could make the movement of AC back to summer a reality: WC 2022 Qatar dates are November 21 to December 18, making it almost impossible to hold another major confederation tournament in early January 2023. AFC pretty much has to move to summer 2022 or 2023. Then people in AFC could push for movement back to early summer and allow alternating exceptions if the games are held in Persian Gulf states.

Comment

I'm curious what the manager and Brighton fans will think of Jahanbakhsh being possibly with TM for entire January and even a part of February, assuming we make a deep run in the tournament and he needs recovery time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            I'm curious what the manager and Brighton fans will think of Jahanbakhsh being possibly with TM for entire January and even a part of February, assuming we make a deep run in the tournament and he needs recovery time as well.
            I think they will all book their tickets and come with Ali to UAE for a long winter holiday
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              We have Ryan there with Australia too. It is not ideal losing players during the season but we'll wish him well and hope he doesn't get injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                Indeed and thats what I hate about AFC!
                first they changed the pattern that we had till AFC 2004, and went to 07, 11, 15, and 19; reason “not to overlap with UEFA !?!
                and then they changed the cup from a late summer event into a spring event, reason “to please Persian Gulf nations and avoid events in hot weather” !?! idk, ppl can argue abt this but I wished the old format would be back. Yes I understand playing in UAE in hot summer is not desirable, but AFC can coordinate better with sister confederations UEFA and elsewhere for better arrangements... my two cents...
                also dividing the group and play-off Stages of ACL by a long summer Transfer season, is there to guarantee that Iranian teams will stand very Little, if any chance ever reaching the Final..!!
                it just favors the Rich Ayrab clubs who make all the necessary playing personel adjustments during the break to counter the only Iranian side capable of making a deep run by either ravaging their key talent in transfer season or spend big box addressing their shortcoming and of course it also caters East Asian/Aussie teams scheduling...!
                thats why i dont even bother following that tourney, knowing ultimately its simply a lost cause for iranian clubs !!

Comment

http://90tv.ir/news/467482/%D9%87%D8...AA%DB%8C%D9%85

His agent Hashemi confirms the fee was 25 million EU, 22 Million Pounds. Also leicester came in at the last minute with a massive bid, with much better financial offer, but ARJ had his mind made up.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

His agent Hashemi confirms the fee was 25 million EU, 22 Million Pounds. Also leicester came in at the last minute with a massive bid, with much better financial offer, but ARJ had his mind made up.
                    I think he thought he could pishraft more at Brighton ... bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      I think he thought he could pishraft more at Brighton ... bigger fish in a smaller pond.
                      I also think Jahanbakhsh has class. He didn't want to screw over Brighton who were being so up front and gracious with him. A little extra money isn't worth it. He made the right decision IMO. Jahanbakhsh is pure class.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Interesting. The British press was reporting 17 million pounds.

Comment

Wow! Hashemi-Moghadam and JB are consummate professionals. It's like a marriage made in heaven. It's amazing that he reveals the transfer amount, knowing how professional he is he probably did not have any binding clause or request not to reveal the amount (or maybe he even got their implicit agreement to do so). Interesting points about the interview is how Houghton was asking about Alireza almost every week in the past year I really like Houghton and I again think JB will grow under his stewardship. Houghton has another dimension of making the best of his situations and standing for racial and social justice (rather than being a victim) throughout his career. The other interesting point from Hashemi-Moghadam is how he and his wife traveled to England multiple times and watched the EPL games to make sure the league suites JB. Finally the term he used to characterize LCFC's bidding war is 'vahshatnak' that means terrible (or more like tremendous in this case). It's amazing that the competition between the two side's fans (there was a third EPL bidder but HM says he can't reveal their name) in social media contributed to the bidding war. HM mentions how the Instagram followers of BHACF account went up by 2K very quickly after the announcement (it is now up by 33K). At the end JB could make more money at LCFC but CHOSE to go to BHAFC because he thought that was a better choice for him (that's professionalism for you, money is important but it is not everything). Last but not least, HG says that JB doesn't need to score 21 goals at BHACF to facilitate another big-time transfer. He uses Watford's player's transfer to Everton for $50M Euro when he only scored 4 goals last season as an example. HM says that it's adequate if BJ 'only' establishes himself as a leader, and guide the team as a young yet experienced player, score and assist a few goals

Go JB!

Comment

So the teams with an offer for him were Ajax, Feyenoord, Leicester, Brighton, another good PL team and clubs from Germany, Italy and Spain.

I wished he could mention all their names though. Specially the third EPL team that supposedly could afford him together with Leicester and Brighton.

Anyways judging by his reception and the love of the fans, I also think he made the right choice. Not the least I'm sure the choice was made after lots of good advice from CQ, probably his old coach at AZ, Mahdavikia and others.

Hopefully he will continue to progress there for a couple of years or so and then moves on to a better team.

Comment

I'm really happy he joined Brighton. Brighton has had an interesting history (from that short documentary that I watched) and they have something to prove. They are taken lightly. They have had to fight really hard to be where they are at today. They had facility issues, managerial issues, financial issues, and they have beaten the odds. No, i'm not talking about Iran, i'm talking about Brighton. I just feel like it's a match made in football heaven. JB is also there to prove something. That Iranian players are good, and we are heavily under represented. I firmly believe it's political. If we had a western friendly government Iranian players would litter all over European leagues. Anyway, I just hope/wish/believe that ARJB can shine and help BHAFC reach heights they have never reached before. I really feel connected to this team for some reason.

great read
                              http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1638...ecord-signing/

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Interesting. The British press was reporting 17 million pounds.
                                A lot of these things are done in layers. One amount due on transfer. Another amount due later. Some bonuses and contingency fees. Maybe a percentage of any future sale. That's why you get different numbers all the time. Depends on what exactly you are talking about.
                                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Working...
                                X