No announcement yet.

what has CQ done for TM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before Carlos Queiroz we'd have to worry when we had official matches against 2nd or even 3rd grade Asian teams. After CQ's impact we'd go into every match in Asia confident of a result. We did not win in the 2015 Asian Cup because of horrible officiating vs Iraq, performed admirably in both the 2014 and 2018 world cup (only coach to take us to 2 back to back world cups), and yes the semifinal match vs Japan in the 2019 Asian Cup did not go our way but we performed well in that tournament up until that defeat. Also don't forget CQ kept us as the #1 team in Asia for 8 years, and brought much respect to our team internationally. And as others have mentioned he incorporated so much tactical awareness, professionalism and organization to out football that our football has always lacked. so yeah I really don't understand the criticism.

Comment

Please close this thread. After today's result this thread is irrelevant.

Comment

I wonder what Sarbaze-Vatan thinks now.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
          First you must instill the discipline.. Sort out the defence.. Make sure no pre madonnas on the team.. Then you can Attaack

It took CQ 2 years to get rid of the iranian trouble makers on the team

it took him another 4 years to instill proper discipline, STAMINA (KEY POINT WHICH YOU MISSED) and Solid Defence.

Now we sign him for another 4 years so he can show 80 million people how to Be disciplined run for 90 mins and attack
          I was bang on back then.. we used to be a machine under cq... now we are back to garbage style football
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We had Shah, he gave us glory, but we didn't value it and got Akhound instead. We had CQ, he gave us glory, we didn't value it now we got "Attacking Football".

Does this nation ever learn to value and cherish the things that it has ???

Comment

you guys Think CQ would stick with us for 10 more years? He is gone and its time to look ahead. Some people here seams to forget that we ALSO played some garbage football games when CQ was our coach. Game against Uzb away when we were outplayed and embarrassed but still managed to win. After that game i was thinking we wount do anything good with CQ. Or the game against lebanon away that we lost. Or the game against Uzb at home that we also lost. Man even the two games against Korea (2014 WCQ) we were outplayed but somehow managed to win anyway…

Willmots is not a coach on CQ level i agree. But who would agree to come and work in Iran under these conditions we have… Vatani coach who gets recycled in PGL every season?

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                I wonder what Sarbaze-Vatan thinks now.
                Regard CQ, same like always.

Regard Wilmots, I said right after his appointment If It was me, I would have picked another coach and my choice was Slaven Bilic who was available at that time. Before yesterday's game, I said It is still early to rate Wilmots because he has not gotten any challenge yet.

We badly need to stop thinking about past and start thinking ahead. It is time to be united again. We all should be united for the next game which became very important for us after yesterday's game. I really think Hajsafi should be retired from the national team even earlier than Shojaei because he brings absolutely nothing on the table. I do not like Rezaeian and Pouraliganji anymore. Shojaei should say goodbye to the national team. I never liked Ansarifard and IMO there are better players to take his spot.

Do you think what should be our game plan for away Iraq game?

Comment

Iranians are namak nashnas. Even Wilmots is too good for them.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Well, Watching that garbage yesterday made me realize what he has done for us.
                    The Next Game is a must win (away to Iraq), a defeat will mean going 4 points behind both teams and a must win for us in the next 4 games and scraping it to the 2nd round.

Iranians, they don't know what we've got till its gone.
                    ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                      Before Carlos Queiroz we'd have to worry when we had official matches against 2nd or even 3rd grade Asian teams. After CQ's impact we'd go into every match in Asia confident of a result. We did not win in the 2015 Asian Cup because of horrible officiating vs Iraq, performed admirably in both the 2014 and 2018 world cup (only coach to take us to 2 back to back world cups), and yes the semifinal match vs Japan in the 2019 Asian Cup did not go our way but we performed well in that tournament up until that defeat. Also don't forget CQ kept us as the #1 team in Asia for 8 years, and brought much respect to our team internationally. And as others have mentioned he incorporated so much tactical awareness, professionalism and organization to out football that our football has always lacked. so yeah I really don't understand the criticism.
                      And just one day after this post was made, Iran loses to that 2nd/3rd rate team, Bahrain.

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by roy View Post
                        Iranians, they don't know what we've got till its gone.
                        Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you got till its gone

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot....!

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
                          you guys Think CQ would stick with us for 10 more years? He is gone and its time to look ahead. Some people here seams to forget that we ALSO played some garbage football games when CQ was our coach. Game against Uzb away when we were outplayed and embarrassed but still managed to win. After that game i was thinking we wount do anything good with CQ. Or the game against lebanon away that we lost. Or the game against Uzb at home that we also lost. Man even the two games against Korea (2014 WCQ) we were outplayed but somehow managed to win anyway…

Willmots is not a coach on CQ level i agree. But who would agree to come and work in Iran under these conditions we have… Vatani coach who gets recycled in PGL every season?
                          The thing is Carlos Queiroz wanted to stay for 4/5 more years after the conclusion of the 2018 World Cup. But the IFF only offered him a 6 month contract extension with an extension beyond that contingent on our results for the 2019 Asian Cup. That was a huge slap in the face to Queiroz after all he had done and turned us into such a formidable side. He was ready to sign an extension to the 2022 world cup but instead the IFF put fire up his ass and forced him to negotiate with other federations hence his switch to Colombia.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                            The thing is Carlos Queiroz wanted to stay for 4/5 more years after the conclusion of the 2018 World Cup. But the IFF only offered him a 6 month contract extension with an extension beyond that contingent on our results for the 2019 Asian Cup. That was a huge slap in the face to Queiroz after all he had done and turned us into such a formidable side. He was ready to sign an extension to the 2022 world cup but instead the IFF put fire up his ass and forced him to negotiate with other federations hence his switch to Colombia.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            I never Heard about this. Where have you heard that he wanted to stay after AC19?

Comment

Since CQ left, I knew our defense took a big hit, but I thought our "attacking style" would net one goal, which is why I predicted a 1-1 tie. I guess I was being overly optimistic and should have gone with my gut feeling (1-0 Bahrain)!

Well, it's only 1 game, but when was the last time everyone was panicing this early in a tournament? Let me see....

CQ, we have not forgotten you!!!!
                              زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Working...
                              X