what has CQ done for TM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two unsuccessful Asian Cups.
    Qualification to the WC 2018 from a weak qualifying group where he did not have to face Japan, Saudi Arabia, and Australia and group stage exit at the WC 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      Two unsuccessful Asian Cups.
      Qualification to the WC 2018 from a weak qualifying group where he did not have to face Japan, Saudi Arabia, and Australia and group stage exit at the WC 2018.
      Because Australia and Saudi Arabia are so strong right? With Saudi's 5-0 thrashing in their opening world cup game in the easiest group, and Australia's single point from their group, the least of all qualified Asian teams....

You call these strong teams, yet the same Korea in our group beat Germany 2-0 and Qatar won the Asian Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        Because Australia and Saudi Arabia are so strong right? With Saudi's 5-0 thrashing in their opening world cup game in the easiest group, and Australia's single point from their group, the least of all qualified Asian teams....

You call these strong teams, yet the same Korea in our group beat Germany 2-0 and Qatar won the Asian Cup
        Qatar? Qatar was the worst team after Thailand in the final round of WCQs 2018.

CQ was extremely lucky to get weak Korea over Japan and Uzbekistan over Saudi Arabia in WCQs 2018. If Iran was in the other group instead of Australia, he CQ would have finished third in the group below Japan and Saudi Arabia. I have no doubt about that. In WCQs 2002, Iran got 4 points against Saudi Arabia with Miroslav Blazevic but Saudi Arabia got full 18 points from other 6 matches against Bahrain, Iraq, and Thailand. As a result, Iran finished second below Saudi Arabia after dropping 5 points against Bahrain and 2 points against Thailand despite beating Iraq twice and missed the qualification. Same story in WCQs 2018, Saudi Arabia got full 12 points against Iraq and Thailand and beat Japan comfortably in Saudi Arabia where CQ could not even beat Iraq. Japan finished top of the group very stressfully. So no way CQ could get full 12 points against Iraq and Thailand and beat Japan and get 4 points against KSA. Yes, CQ failed two Asian Cups and qualified us to the WC 2018 from a weak qualifying group. Even a below average local coach would have qualified us if they coached us in WCQs 2018. In the WC 2018, the outcome was group stage exit.

CQ is only good assistant. As a head coach, he won nothing. CQ should have left Iran after his second/third year. In his last 5 years, he just ate and slept.

Comment

CQ is only good assistant. As a head coach, he won nothing.
          Two World Championships.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Two World Championships.
            Look Dear, when you want to choose a head coach for important tournaments that you have not achieved anything notable for a long time in those important tournaments, the head coach really should be someone reliable who have achieved something notable in last 6 years before you hire him. He CQ was never a reliable head coach. You cannot rely on the success in u20 level that happened more than two decades ago. CQ became a popular name when he joined Man United as an assistant. He did very well as an assistant in terms of training the team, discovering new talents, and planning. Because of that he got opportunity to coach Real Madrid and Portugal but failed at both and everyone saw he is not a head coach in top level. He could not stay longer than one year in other places as well like USA, Japan, and UAE.

Although you knew he is not a successful head coach, you still hired him because of two reasons that make sense. First, he learned something in Man United which can be beneficial for Iran football. Second Iran football can get more world wide attention in football because of his popularity. However when he has nothing new after his second/third year, why should his contract be renewed for 5 more years? In his last 5 years, he just ate and slept. He was always 8 months out 12 months in Portugal. After away games, he directly flew to Portugal instead of flying with the team to Iran and going to Portugal from Iran. In the first day of training, he usually was not in training session or he was there with jeans. In other days, he stood around the pitch and his assistants trained the team. He only choose the line up. After he failed at the tournaments, he blamed others. Anyway I do not blame CQ for staying in Iran NT for longer than what he should have stayed because It is not his fault. In last Asian Cup, everything was in his favor compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents until Semi-final, geographical advantage, having more time with the team compare to other coaches, etc. but he failed again. Anyway CQ can never be a successful head coach for any team in senior level. He is only successful as an assistant or planer or talent scout. As an assistant, he can be even in the best teams of the world. This is what his resume indicates.

Comment

"He's a fantastic coach and teacher, and his main purpose in life is to develop young people, to inspire them and to make sure they turn out good human beings, so that's the reason I'm here to support him. I know him well and he's a great man of great dignity" - Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7418151.stm
              Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                "He's a fantastic coach and teacher, and his main purpose in life is to develop young people, to inspire them and to make sure they turn out good human beings, so that's the reason I'm here to support him. I know him well and he's a great man of great dignity" - Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/7418151.stm
                Simply you said what I have been saying in my previous comments.

In the previous comments I said the following:

CQ became a popular name when he joined Man United as an assistant. He did very well as an assistant in terms of training the team, discovering new talents, and planning. Because of that he got opportunity to coach Real Madrid and Portugal but failed at both and everyone saw he is not a head coach in top level. He could not stay longer than one year in other places as well like USA, Japan, and UAE.

he is not a successful head coach.

He is only successful as an assistant or planner or talent scout. As an assistant, he can be even in the best teams of the world. This is what his resume indicates.

Comment

CQ was extremely lucky to get weak Korea over Japan and Uzbekistan over Saudi Arabia in WCQs 2018. If Iran was in the other group instead of Australia, he CQ would have finished third in the group below Japan and Saudi Arabia. I have no doubt about that.
                  Hajmoosa,

Those grassrolling antars of Syria were equal to Australia in the playoff and lost by just a hair.

CQ's record against Arab teams is impeccable. As is his record in WCQ
                  There's no arguing it.

Comment

Look Dear, when you want to choose a head coach for important tournaments that you have not achieved anything notable for a long time in those important tournaments, the head coach really should be someone reliable who have achieved something notable in last 6 years before you hire him. He CQ was never a reliable head coach. You cannot rely on the success in u20 level that happened more than two decades ago. CQ became a popular name when he joined Man United as an assistant. He did very well as an assistant in terms of training the team, discovering new talents, and planning. Because of that he got opportunity to coach Real Madrid and Portugal but failed at both and everyone saw he is not a head coach in top level. He could not stay longer than one year in other places as well like USA, Japan, and UAE.
                    Although you knew he is not a successful head coach, you still hired him because of two reasons that make sense. First, he learned something in Man United which can be beneficial for Iran football. Second Iran football can get more world wide attention in football because of his popularity. However when he has nothing new after his second/third year, why should his contract be renewed for 5 more years? In his last 5 years, he just ate and slept. He was always 8 months out 12 months in Portugal. After away games, he directly flew to Portugal instead of flying with the team to Iran and going to Portugal from Iran. In the first day of training, he usually was not in training session or he was there with jeans. In other days, he stood around the pitch and his assistants trained the team. He only choose the line up. After he failed at the tournaments, he blamed others. Anyway I do not blame CQ for staying in Iran NT for longer than what he should have stayed because It is not his fault. In last Asian Cup, everything was in his favor compare to other title contenders such as easier opponents until Semi-final, geographical advantage, having more time with the team compare to other coaches, etc. but he failed again. Anyway CQ can never be a successful head coach for any team in senior level. He is only successful as an assistant or planer or talent scout. As an assistant, he can be even in the best teams of the world. This is what his resume indicates.
                    you can disagree about CQs tactics or relationship with the press but to claim that he was a lazy or disinterested coach is just pure BS. his work ethic and professionalism are world class. The players, Sir Alex Ferguson, his assistants have all said so. lol "he was wearing jeans to practice"...nonsense. what did you want him to wear? shalvar kordis?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      Hajmoosa,

Those grassrolling antars of Syria were equal to Australia in the playoff and lost by just a hair.

CQ's record against Arab teams is impeccable. As is his record in WCQ
                      There's no arguing it.
                      Huge difference between single knockout stage game and group stage. If Syria was in the other group, they would have finished below Australia by many points. Also I said CQ got weak qualifying because he was extremely lucky to avoid Japan and Saudi Arabia not Australia. Australia and Iran were in the same seed in the final round of WCQs 2018 where Australia got much tougher group and CQ with Iran got much weaker group.

Record is not important. Achievements are the most important thing. Any coach got good overall results with Iran because Iran is in Asia and if Japan and Korea from East and Saudi Arabia and Iran from west along with Australia do not qualify to the WC, who do you expect to qualify? You guys should be extremely happy that CQ finally left. He should have been shown the exit door after his second or third year.

Regard Wilmots, It is still too early to rate him. He has not gotten any challenge so far. Regard Branko Ivankovic, Perspolis fans should build his statue but he was not successful with the national team.

When I want to rate a coach, there are two main things I look at. First, quality of football which includes ball possession, number of accurate passes, and creating goal scoring opportunities by teamwork. Second, final results or achievements in the tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                        lol "he was wearing jeans to practice"...nonsense. what did you want him to wear? shalvar kordis?
                        sportswear clothing

Comment

4 points at WC (in a group with Spain and Portugal).

That’s it, that’s the post.

Enough said.

Comment

Simply you said what I have been saying in my previous comments.

In the previous comments I said the following:

CQ became a popular name when he joined Man United as an assistant. He did very well as an assistant in terms of training the team, discovering new talents, and planning. Because of that he got opportunity to coach Real Madrid and Portugal but failed at both and everyone saw he is not a head coach in top level. He could not stay longer than one year in other places as well like USA, Japan, and UAE.

he is not a successful head coach.

He is only successful as an assistant or planner or talent scout. As an assistant, he can be even in the best teams of the world. This is what his resume indicates.
                            SAF calls him a "fantastic coach", and Keane calls him an "excellent coach". I'll take their word.
                            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              4 points at WC (in a group with Spain and Portugal).

That’s it, that’s the post.

Enough said.
                              What was the final outcome? Group stage exit
                              How was the quality of football? Whenever Iran had the ball against Spain and Portugal, how long could Iran keep the ball? How many accurate passes did Iran have? How many goal scoring opportunities Iran had?
                              Do not forget that both Spain and Portugal were nothing special at the WC 2018. If Iran plays with Spain 10 times, Iran may be able to win or draw once. IMO that one time should have been the WC where Spain sacked its coach couple days before the WC and all teams got at least draw against Spain except Iran.
                              Iran needed to win the match with Portugal. Iran should have played its own game against Portugal like attacking whenever Iran needed and defending whenever Iran needed but Iran started the game with parking the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                                SAF calls him a "fantastic coach", and Keane calls him an "excellent coach". I'll take their word.
                                Again you said what I have been saying. They praised him because he was an excellent assistant coach in Man United. As I said, he can be even in the best teams of the world as an assistant or planner or talent scout. As a head coach, he can never be a successful head coach with any team in tournaments and this is what his record as head coach indicates. Anyway you can take whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X