what has CQ done for TM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what has CQ done for TM ?

Anyone who knows me in PFDC knows I cannot be called a CQ fan, as I dont gush over irrelevant issue or his sometimes immature and vindictive outbursts and remarks, which is a major turn-off for me.
    Hell, for every post that I have given credit & kudos to CQ, I have at least 10-15 posts that I have attacked or criticized him.... that I still stand by.
    I still have some gripes with him and a few bones to pick.

so I aint no CQ fanboy here.
    now that we got that sorted out, I have to say CQ has given TM something … no, the ONE thing that we desperately needed and lacked; discipline.

watching the team play, I see long periods of the game showcased by a group of players, all interconnected by an invisible rope like a meshwork, who know what they should do, where they should be and how the player next to them is going to move ... for majority of the game (given this is Iran, that's tremendous achievement).
    this team shows it is in control of what IT is doing. Now the opponent may do something brilliant and hurt us. But that's it. They ought to do something BRILLIANT. That means they have to really exert themselves to overcome us.

And that's what we never showed. EVER. Even in the hay days of the great Ivic with our courageous displays against yuguslavia, US, … when we all look back as TM's great days.

we still dont play attractive football. For that we need a different mindset that fr all you know CQ may not possess and never be able to accomplish. That's why I'm not too sure we'd win Asia Cup … sadly.
    But when we play, that disciplined, well-drilled meshwork of players is very impressive & credit worthy.

certainly a solid foundation to build a more exciting team on, in the future. With CQ or without him.

You are not alone baradar and I hold a similar view as you do regarding CQ. I agree he has gave us disicpline, but I personally believe he isn't using the full attacking potential of team as demonstrated hints of by during the 2nd half of Spain, and throughout the Portugal game. As the saying goes "Khamleh behtarin defeha hast!" I wish to see the best attacking potential of this team coming up at AC 2019 since the opponents are best for testing such.

Comment

Oh lord, yet ANOTHER thread on this topic? Please find an existing thread among the dozen already on this forum for your daily CQ bashing ideas...mods can we please weed these posts out and delete/combine with the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Anyone who knows me in PFDC knows I cannot be called a CQ fan, as I dont gush over irrelevant issue or his sometimes immature and vindictive outbursts and remarks, which is a major turn-off for me.
        Hell, for every post that I have given credit & kudos to CQ, I have at least 10-15 posts that I have attacked or criticized him.... that I still stand by.

now that we got that sorted out, I have to say CQ has given TM something … no, the ONE thing that we desperately needed and lacked; discipline.

watching the team play, I see long periods of the game showcased by a group of players, all interconnected by an invisible rope like a meshwork, who know what they should do, where they should be and how the player next to them is going to move ... for majority of the game (given this is Iran, that's tremendous achievement).
        this team shows it is in control of what IT is doing. Now the opponent may do something brilliant and hurt us. But that's it. They ought to do something BRILLIANT. That means they have to really exert themselves to overcome us.

And that's what we never showed. EVER. Even in the hay days of the great Ivic with our courageous displays against yuguslavia, US, … when we all look back as TM's great days.

we still dont play attractive football. For that we need a different mindset that fr all you know CQ may not possess and never be able to accomplish. That's why I'm not too sure we'd win Asia Cup … sadly.
        But when we play, that disciplined, well-drilled meshwork of players is very impressive & credit worthy.

certainly a solid foundation to build a more exciting team on, in the future. With CQ or without him.
        First you must instill the discipline.. Sort out the defence.. Make sure no pre madonnas on the team.. Then you can Attaack

It took CQ 2 years to get rid of the iranian trouble makers on the team

it took him another 4 years to instill proper discipline, STAMINA (KEY POINT WHICH YOU MISSED) and Solid Defence.

Now we sign him for another 4 years so he can show 80 million people how to Be disciplined run for 90 mins and attack
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

It's funny how even positive posts about CQ can be seen as negative

Comment

I'm not reading into it. Not saying you are right or wrong. But you have always been negative towards TM and the coaches (Branko, Ghotbi etc..) being harsh is your thing (sometimes right sometines not).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
            CITY

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Oh lord, yet ANOTHER thread on this topic? Please find an existing thread among the dozen already on this forum for your daily CQ bashing ideas...mods can we please weed these posts out and delete/combine with the others?
              What he said. One CQ thread, it's all the same discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                First you must instill the discipline.. Sort out the defence.. Make sure no pre madonnas on the team.. Then you can Attaack
                It took CQ 2 years to get rid of the iranian trouble makers on the team
                it took him another 4 years to instill proper discipline, STAMINA (KEY POINT WHICH YOU MISSED) and Solid Defence.
                Now we sign him for another 4 years so he can show 80 million people how to Be disciplined run for 90 mins and attack
                I agree with your first three statements but not with the last one.
                According to his overall philosophy on the game of football, his favorite system of play, has and always be that one dimensional but effective defensive style.
                CQ doesn't believe in having CAMs.
                So from what history tells us, CQ will stick to his defensive style til the end of his contract.

Comment

It would be insane to start the match against Spain using an attacking strategy.

They had been brilliant in their WCQ campaign, and their pre-tournament friendlies. We had three points, they had 1. They were the ones who had to risk getting hit on the counter to beat us. We could draw, they could not.

Once Spain scored, we were fantastic in rapidly changing our strategy and attacking them well.

What's there to criticize about the Spain match?
                  Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I don't know why we open new threads when there are existing threads out there. Its like you guys/gals already have the answer, but won't quit unless someone agrees with you. Just to make it simple, just go to the other threads and you'll find the answer to what you are looking for.

Let's close this thread and continue in the existing ones.

@Mods - Can we please make this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      Hi there, how are you?
                      Nowadays, Iranian football fans have been divided into proponents of CQ's successful achieved results through as you said an extreme disciplined defensive system. And those who are fans of seeing Iran having more of the ball possession because they believe Iran can very well play such a style.
                      I believe that CQ's presence in the Iranian football has been eighty percent positive and twenty percent negative.
                      Despite all of the political issues, guiding Iran into two back to back world cups and earning 4 points in the group of death through having those extreme disciplined system and mentality among the entire team from CQ and all the way down to the players has been magnificent.
                      However, his very stubborn character of either my way or the high way, has caused him to have more enemies among the Iranian football coaches and officials than freinds. And this could be an issue once his contract ends. Because out of frustration, the next in coming coach could very well scratch all of CQ's implemented discipline and start everything from zero.

Comment

I do not get the point of this thread. The point that you have made has been said a million times already. Queiroz has been our coach for 7 plus years now. He gets a lot of money doing it. I personally rather see someone else coach us. We have not won any major trophies with CQ with or without discipline. I rather see us play a different game and strategy. By saying we can not do so then we will not progress.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                          It would be insane to start the match against Spain using an attacking strategy.

They had been brilliant in their WCQ campaign, and their pre-tournament friendlies. We had three points, they had 1. They were the ones who had to risk getting hit on the counter to beat us. We could draw, they could not.

Once Spain scored, we were fantastic in rapidly changing our strategy and attacking them well.

What's there to criticize about the Spain match?
                          The first 60 minutes where we didn't even try to attack and simply booted the ball as far away as possible any time Spain lost the ball.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            The first 60 minutes where we didn't even try to attack and simply booted the ball as far away as possible any time Spain lost the ball.
                            It wasn't pretty, but we clearly the strategy was:

1. Defend until Spain starts getting worried that they won't get the three points.
                            2. Once Spain got worried and starts throwing more men forward (around min 65-70 you'd assume), hit them on the counter.

I thought the fact that we had three points and Spain had one point meant that this was a clever strategy. After all, they smashed Argentina 6-1 a month or two before their game with us. Barring the unusual, we'd have escaped with a 0-0 draw (which was fine for us, but not for them).
                            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
                              It wasn't pretty, but we clearly the strategy was:
                              1. Defend until Spain starts getting worried that they won't get the three points.
                              2. Once Spain got worried and starts throwing more men forward (around min 65-70 you'd assume), hit them on the counter.
                              I thought the fact that we had three points and Spain had one point meant that this was a clever strategy. After all, they smashed Argentina 6-1 a month or two before their game with us. Barring the unusual, we'd have escaped with a 0-0 draw (which was fine for us, but not for them).
                              I'm not criticizing the defensive approach. I'm criticizing the complete lack of desire to even try to attack when we had the ball during those 60 minutes. I keep remembering the one scene where we stole the ball from Spain just outside of our box and while our player had teammates to pass to and no Spaniard was close or closing in on him he simply booted the ball upfield to absolutely no one as none of our players were even close to where the ball landed. We could have at least tried to counter attack. We didn't.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X