what has CQ done for TM ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what has CQ done for TM ?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,522 Times in 3,541 Posts

what has CQ done for TM ?

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Anyone who knows me in PFDC knows I cannot be called a CQ fan, as I dont gush over irrelevant issue or his sometimes immature and vindictive outbursts and remarks, which is a major turn-off for me.
    Hell, for every post that I have given credit & kudos to CQ, I have at least 10-15 posts that I have attacked or criticized him.... that I still stand by.
    I still have some gripes with him and a few bones to pick.

so I aint no CQ fanboy here.
    now that we got that sorted out, I have to say CQ has given TM something … no, the ONE thing that we desperately needed and lacked; discipline.

watching the team play, I see long periods of the game showcased by a group of players, all interconnected by an invisible rope like a meshwork, who know what they should do, where they should be and how the player next to them is going to move ... for majority of the game (given this is Iran, that's tremendous achievement).
    this team shows it is in control of what IT is doing. Now the opponent may do something brilliant and hurt us. But that's it. They ought to do something BRILLIANT. That means they have to really exert themselves to overcome us.

And that's what we never showed. EVER. Even in the hay days of the great Ivic with our courageous displays against yuguslavia, US, … when we all look back as TM's great days.

we still dont play attractive football. For that we need a different mindset that fr all you know CQ may not possess and never be able to accomplish. That's why I'm not too sure we'd win Asia Cup … sadly.
    But when we play, that disciplined, well-drilled meshwork of players is very impressive & credit worthy.

certainly a solid foundation to build a more exciting team on, in the future. With CQ or without him.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,360 Posts
    You are not alone baradar and I hold a similar view as you do regarding CQ. I agree he has gave us disicpline, but I personally believe he isn't using the full attacking potential of team as demonstrated hints of by during the 2nd half of Spain, and throughout the Portugal game. As the saying goes "Khamleh behtarin defeha hast!" I wish to see the best attacking potential of this team coming up at AC 2019 since the opponents are best for testing such.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 371 Posts
    Oh lord, yet ANOTHER thread on this topic? Please find an existing thread among the dozen already on this forum for your daily CQ bashing ideas...mods can we please weed these posts out and delete/combine with the others?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,983 Times in 1,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Anyone who knows me in PFDC knows I cannot be called a CQ fan, as I dont gush over irrelevant issue or his sometimes immature and vindictive outbursts and remarks, which is a major turn-off for me.
    Hell, for every post that I have given credit & kudos to CQ, I have at least 10-15 posts that I have attacked or criticized him.... that I still stand by.
    I still have some gripes with him and a few bones to pick.

so I aint no CQ fanboy here.
    now that we got that sorted out, I have to say CQ has given TM something … no, the ONE thing that we desperately needed and lacked; discipline.

watching the team play, I see long periods of the game showcased by a group of players, all interconnected by an invisible rope like a meshwork, who know what they should do, where they should be and how the player next to them is going to move ... for majority of the game (given this is Iran, that's tremendous achievement).
    this team shows it is in control of what IT is doing. Now the opponent may do something brilliant and hurt us. But that's it. They ought to do something BRILLIANT. That means they have to really exert themselves to overcome us.

And that's what we never showed. EVER. Even in the hay days of the great Ivic with our courageous displays against yuguslavia, US, … when we all look back as TM's great days.

we still dont play attractive football. For that we need a different mindset that fr all you know CQ may not possess and never be able to accomplish. That's why I'm not too sure we'd win Asia Cup … sadly.
    But when we play, that disciplined, well-drilled meshwork of players is very impressive & credit worthy.

certainly a solid foundation to build a more exciting team on, in the future. With CQ or without him.
    First you must instill the discipline.. Sort out the defence.. Make sure no pre madonnas on the team.. Then you can Attaack

It took CQ 2 years to get rid of the iranian trouble makers on the team

it took him another 4 years to instill proper discipline, STAMINA (KEY POINT WHICH YOU MISSED) and Solid Defence.

Now we sign him for another 4 years so he can show 80 million people how to Be disciplined run for 90 mins and attack

THANK YOU KING QUIEROZ

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 776 Posts
    It's funny how even positive posts about CQ can be seen as negative

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Babak agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I'm not reading into it. Not saying you are right or wrong. But you have always been negative towards TM and the coaches (Branko, Ghotbi etc..) being harsh is your thing (sometimes right sometines not).

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Oh lord, yet ANOTHER thread on this topic? Please find an existing thread among the dozen already on this forum for your daily CQ bashing ideas...mods can we please weed these posts out and delete/combine with the others?
    What he said. One CQ thread, it's all the same discussion.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    First you must instill the discipline.. Sort out the defence.. Make sure no pre madonnas on the team.. Then you can Attaack
    It took CQ 2 years to get rid of the iranian trouble makers on the team
    it took him another 4 years to instill proper discipline, STAMINA (KEY POINT WHICH YOU MISSED) and Solid Defence.
    Now we sign him for another 4 years so he can show 80 million people how to Be disciplined run for 90 mins and attack
    I agree with your first three statements but not with the last one.
    According to his overall philosophy on the game of football, his favorite system of play, has and always be that one dimensional but effective defensive style.
    CQ doesn't believe in having CAMs.
    So from what history tells us, CQ will stick to his defensive style til the end of his contract.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Irandoust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 765 Posts
    It would be insane to start the match against Spain using an attacking strategy.

They had been brilliant in their WCQ campaign, and their pre-tournament friendlies. We had three points, they had 1. They were the ones who had to risk getting hit on the counter to beat us. We could draw, they could not.

Once Spain scored, we were fantastic in rapidly changing our strategy and attacking them well.

What's there to criticize about the Spain match?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RaginG Inferno For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    I don't know why we open new threads when there are existing threads out there. Its like you guys/gals already have the answer, but won't quit unless someone agrees with you. Just to make it simple, just go to the other threads and you'll find the answer to what you are looking for.

Let's close this thread and continue in the existing ones.

@Mods - Can we please make this happen?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sedee91 For This Useful Post:

diz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 167

You do not have permission to view the list of names.