Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    Daei was in the wrong era...if he played now, not only he would score more but more top teams would have been looking at him. People forget he sacrificed a lot of his club career for team melli
    That actually the other way around, time changed and the gap between nations became very slim, i don't want take anything away from Daei as he was amazing during his prime which was between 1994 to 2002, but you don't see many high scoring games between strong and weak nations as it was before.

However, what both players share is the hunger of winning, scoring and be the best, that is made both special.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      That actually the other way around, time changed and the gap between nations became very slim, i don't want take anything away from Daei as he was amazing during his prime which was between 1994 to 2002, but you don't see many high scoring games between strong and weak nations as it was before.

However, what both players share is the hunger of winning, scoring and be the best, that is made both special.
      Dude Europe went from 30 to 50 countries lol
      Teams like Russia, Yugoslavia, czech split into a million countries
      Look at how terrible the qualifiers groups are. You dont see that kinda high scoring cuz its frowned upon and usually the better players sit the weak games and let others

Comment

The difference between Ronaldo and Daei is that Ronaldo scored against world class teams in crucial moments, whereas Daei scored most of his goals against Teams like Sri Lanka, Laos, Guam, Chinese Taipei or the Maldives. I still can't believe that he didn't manage to score at least one goal at the world cup. His header against Yugoslavia still gives me nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_M View Post
          The difference between Ronaldo and Daei is that Ronaldo scored against world class teams in crucial moments, whereas Daei scored most of his goals against Teams like Sri Lanka, Laos, Guam, Chinese Taipei or the Maldives. I still can't believe that he didn't manage to score at least one goal at the world cup. His header against Yugoslavia still gives me nightmares.
          For me it's the 5 star frog splash against Angola.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Boro baba divune [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

You can only score against who is in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                Rob Van Dam played for us that game?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  Rob Van Dam played for us that game?
                  And Eddie Guerrero.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Guys, let Ronaldo break his record. What is this record worth for us Iranians when hardly anybody knows of it and if it is harly mentioned in International press. Daei scored 90% of his goals against crap oppositions. Ronaldo scored three goals alone against Spain in the last World Cup wheras Daei couldn't score in a 2 World Cups!
                    We can only improve our standing in the World of Football by sending players to Europe, preferebly to the Top 5 Leagues or by great performances and results in the World Cup. This record is only for the history books and doesn't improve our standing. That's why I couldn't care less about it.

Comment

Records are made to be broken. Unless Ronaldo has a career ending injury (and I hope that doesn't happen) he is poised to break Daei's record. I am still very proud of Ali Daei's record and what he has done for our football. I actually think as Ronaldo gets closer to breaking Daei's record, it will give more coverage to what our talisman accomplished and more people around the world get to know about our football. So, its a good thing

Comment

yes, but did Daei face such GKs in his career :-)

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

No actually if u look at his goals its mostly against weak teams. He has also never (or rarely) scored in KO stages of tournaments

Comment

To those who think Ronaldo scored against world class teams...
                            Here are all his International goals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...stiano_Ronaldo

He had 3 against Spain and some against Netherlands, rest of his goals are against crap teams

Comment

Greece, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Argentina, Croatia, Sweden, Ghana, Spain, Switzerland, Serbia...

Comment

lol lets compare Iran to Portugal on a world stage. Portugal is a top 10 team with great academies and facilities. Iran is top 20, but thats thanks to CQ. in reality we are top 30 and during Daei's era we were top 30-40. Daei scoring vs south korea, japan, saudi arabia is like Ronaldo scoring vs Netherlands, Sweden, and Denmark.
                                All Daei goals vs Laos, Maldives, and Guam are like Ronaldo scoring vs Lithuania, Andorra, and Faroe Islands lol
                                So Daei scored vs teams on par or just below TMs level, just like Ronaldo has, but I will agree Ronaldo has scored against some big name teams like Spain, while Daei's was probably Mexico or Costa Rica.
                                but who cares, Daei was the first to score 100. Maybe before then people thought it was impossible, he broke that barrier and he's our guy. Did it in 149 games, didn't play in TM until he was 25, opposed to Ronaldo's 17. Thank you Ali Daei, you made us proud!

p.s. lets not forget the australia game, he was in position to score the first goal, but Karim cut him off lol and it was Daei who gave Azizi that beautiful ball. if you ask me thats being clutch in a clutch moment. his 4 goals vs s. korea in 96 and 2 vs bahrain in 04.
                                SHOW TIME!

Comment

Working...
                                X