Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    Daei trained on dirt fields with no real professional help, facilities, doctors, coaches, etc....

where as Ronaldo trained under some of the best conditions and had things going his way like freedom to go to any European team where as our players need visas and work permits

lets give our players same platform and lets see who does better
    Yap. And he wasn't called up to the national team until he was 24.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
      he won the European Championship and the Nations League with Portugal. What did we win with Ali Daei besides some LG Cup maybe?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
      Yeah but does Cristiano Ronaldo have a madrak from Sharif University? I think not!

Comment

Ronaldo deserves it and will win it. I have no doubt. Still great achievement for Daei.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

i originally made this thread a long time ago and was sure it would never be broken...

however, i am now certain Ronaldo will, unfortunately, break this record.

he is the type of player who loves the spot light and breaking records and will do anything to try and convince people that he is the GOAT (even though i believe Messi is still another level than Ronaldo)..

Ronaldo will not retire until this record is broken, whether it be at 35, 36 or even 40

Comment

Daei picked up the sport as a past time and went on to be the Top Scorer of all time. He is the real GOAT!
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Daei was in the wrong era...if he played now, not only he would score more but more top teams would have been looking at him. People forget he sacrificed a lot of his club career for team melli

Comment

100% now

Comment

Daei was in the wrong era...if he played now, not only he would score more but more top teams would have been looking at him. People forget he sacrificed a lot of his club career for team melli
                  I don't agree :

- Today we don't see Maldives or Guam trashing like Daei's era.
                  - You said more top teams would have been looking at him but didn't you see in which subpar league/clubs our players are playing while having wonderful games in front of the world and against top teams like Spain, Portugal, Argentina (plus all asian games + friendies) ?

Comment

ronaldo is going to either break his record or come real close..

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      I don't agree :

- You said more top teams would have been looking at him but didn't you see in which subpar league/clubs our players are playing while having wonderful games in front of the world and against top teams like Spain, Portugal, Argentina (plus all asian games + friendies) ?

What? If anything there are even more shittier teams now all over the world since new countries and independences are forming.

Our players now dont get looks because of many reasons i mentioned in the past....bad agents, not trying hard enough, politics, marketing. Most teams dont care to sign an Iranian and deal w bs like work permit or what if they face an Israeli team, etc....then there is the marketing side of it, they cant sell merchandise, games or alcohol or betting companies inside Iran, so although we are a big market, these companies cant take advantage of doing business with Iranians

The reason Korean and Japanese players get signed is because of above and many more...its not cuz they are better than us

Also Daei was a one of a kind, he paved the way for Asia...during his time teams looked at our players which is why we had players in Germany and Italy but in recent times we havent had many breakthrough players (well azmoun and JB could have but they havent so far)

Comment

What? If anything there are even more shittier teams now all over the world since new countries and independences are forming.

Our players now dont get looks because of many reasons i mentioned in the past....bad agents, not trying hard enough, politics, marketing. Most teams dont care to sign an Iranian and deal w bs like work permit or what if they face an Israeli team, etc....then there is the marketing side of it, they cant sell merchandise, games or alcohol or betting companies inside Iran, so although we are a big market, these companies cant take advantage of doing business with Iranians

The reason Korean and Japanese players get signed is because of above and many more...its not cuz they are better than us

Also Daei was a one of a kind, he paved the way for Asia...during his time teams looked at our players which is why we had players in Germany and Italy but in recent times we havent had many breakthrough players (well azmoun and JB could have but they havent so far)
                        Why we don't see 19/0 or 31/0 like before then?

Comment

I don't agree :

which one of our players do you seriously think should be playing for top teams?
                          Azmoun is at that level.
                          Ezatolahi has the ability but not the mentality.
                          Beiranvand has had offers from good places and chosen not to take them for financial reasons.
                          PAG chose money instead of solid offers.
                          Ghoddos has ability and mentality but has a well known bad situation with agent/ostersunds/etc that puts MANY teams off and rightfully so.
                          Majid is close to being able to make the jump.
                          Taremi would easily be on a big level as we see know but he went to europe late as a result of his own decision.
                          ARJ plays in PL but made a really bad choice with team when he had much better options, including ajax and leicester.

I cant think of any other players that deserve to be playing for top teams, or teams better than what they have now/players that deserves to be signed for bigger clubs than they were at the time. Karimi,Daei,Kia,etc were playing for big clubs because they were players of the level required to do so

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            which one of our players do you seriously think should be playing for top teams?
                            Azmoun is at that level.
                            Ezatolahi has the ability but not the mentality.
                            Beiranvand has had offers from good places and chosen not to take them for financial reasons.
                            PAG chose money instead of solid offers.
                            Ghoddos has ability and mentality but has a well known bad situation with agent/ostersunds/etc that puts MANY teams off and rightfully so.
                            Majid is close to being able to make the jump.
                            Taremi would easily be on a big level as we see know but he went to europe late as a result of his own decision.
                            ARJ plays in PL but made a really bad choice with team when he had much better options, including ajax and leicester.

I cant think of any other players that deserve to be playing for top teams, or teams better than what they have now/players that deserves to be signed for bigger clubs than they were at the time. Karimi,Daei,Kia,etc were playing for big clubs because they were players of the level required to do so
                            Azmoun at least. I don't ask to have most of TM in top clubs even if Ghoddos, Beiro, Ezza, Milmo could be on their bench.
                            But without speaking about top clubs, most of them could at least be in some normal clubs of top 4 leagues.

Comment

Azmoun at least. I don't ask to have most of TM in top clubs even if Ghoddos, Beiro, Ezza, Milmo could be on their bench.
                              But without speaking about top clubs, most of them could at least be in some normal clubs of top 4 leagues.
                              again talent wise, agreed. But in all the cases I mentioned there are pretty clear reasons for their inability to be where their talents allow.

Ghoddos agent/scandal with Ostersunds
                              Beira doesnt want to leave Iran for financial reasons
                              Ezatolahi has issues wiht professionalism
                              Milad was never really spectaculalar but rather quite solid and I think gent is a solid club for him.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                again talent wise, agreed. But in all the cases I mentioned there are pretty clear reasons for their inability to be where their talents allow.

Ghoddos agent/scandal with Ostersunds
                                Beira doesnt want to leave Iran for financial reasons
                                Ezatolahi has issues wiht professionalism
                                Milad was never really spectaculalar but rather quite solid and I think gent is a solid club for him.
                                I agree there are nonfootball related limitations but when it comes to Milad Mohammadi the only reason that anyone can say he can't is because he tried a funny throw-in.

All factors aside, Milad Mohammadi can easily play as a starting or backup LB in at least 1 of the top 5 leagues. We have to watch pace merchants like Deandre Yedlin or just chickens on wings like Bong play wingback in the Prem but Mohammadi can't?

Comment

Working...
                                X