No announcement yet.

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daei is getting more international recognizition on foreign outlets, social media, football community in general than he ever did all these years of holding the actual record

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      daei is getting more international recognizition on foreign outlets, social media, football community in general than he ever did all these years of holding the actual record
      Yes he is mentioned a lot but most of these medias focus more on Cr7. For Ali Daei, only his name and nationality are mentioned (I guess that's better than nothing as every positive from Iran is downplayed).
      No mention he played for Bayern e.g and started his international record pretty late and with less game.
      All these drive people to consider him as a random asian player that only scored against nepal and west timor

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
        Again, respect to Daei. At any point of their careers would you choose Daei over Ronaldo? Look at them both at 36. Ronaldo is one of the best all time. Daei is one of the best Asian players ever but not all time.
        You originally said Ali Daei is no where near the caliber of Ronaldo, but that's just not true. Ronaldo has the same amount of goals having played 29 additional matches, and virtually half of his goals have been against extremely low ranking teams like Andorra, Faroe Islands, etc. If Ali Daei was Portuguese and had entered the Portuguese national team as a teenager then I think he could have had nearly as many goals. I don't know if you saw Ali Daei plat in his prime, but he was an extremely efficient striker in the box much like Ronaldo and I would not put it past him to have been able to score 100 goals in Europe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
          Yes, all Penaldo needs is fee more special treatment
          and Penaldo had two more free penalties handed to him, he was never able to score any goal against France (played against them in 5 or 6 games) until yesterday

Comment

I think Ali Makhbout (UAE) and Romelu Lukaku (Belgium) have a good chance of reaching 100+ goals as well and possibly jump Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
              You originally said Ali Daei is no where near the caliber of Ronaldo, but that's just not true. Ronaldo has the same amount of goals having played 29 additional matches, and virtually half of his goals have been against extremely low ranking teams like Andorra, Faroe Islands, etc. If Ali Daei was Portuguese and had entered the Portuguese national team as a teenager then I think he could have had nearly as many goals. I don't know if you saw Ali Daei plat in his prime, but he was an extremely efficient striker in the box much like Ronaldo and I would not put it past him to have been able to score 100 goals in Europe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              I saw him at his prime. He struggled for playing time at a top European team (Bayern). There is really no comparison to Ronaldo.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                I saw him at his prime. He struggled for playing time at a top European team (Bayern). There is really no comparison to Ronaldo.
                I agree. It's honestly not even close. With all due respect to Daei, I don't even look at him as a Top 50 player of all-time let alone be compared to CR7 who is arguably on the Mt. Rushmore of football players.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  daei is getting more international recognition on foreign outlets, social media, football community in general than he ever did all these years of holding the actual record
                  Typical anti-Iranian media sentiment. I'm sure once Ronald has the record he will be constantly referenced as the holder because of such.

Its our job to never forget our legends and continue to tout the progress and achievements of Iranian football! We cannot let our contributions be erased.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
                    Typical anti-Iranian media sentiment. I'm sure once Ronald has the record he will be constantly referenced as the holder because of such.

Its our job to never forget our legends and continue to tout the progress and achievements of Iranian football! We cannot let our contributions be erased.
                    If he holds the record, why shouldn't he be referenced as such?
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I keep hearing Sardar will break the record but I don't see based on what. He's more than 70 goals behind. If we are basing it on his younger age and the time he has left then I would like to nominate my 12 year old son for breaking the record as he has his whole soccer career in front of him. The only thing working in Sardar's favor are the many weak teams he will play in qualifying matches in Asia.
                      Of course this is just an estimate ! But I also did a quick check up on number of games team melli plays and sardars goals ratio. from 2015-2019 (5years) team melli has played 65 games (an average of 13 games per year). Sardars goal ratio = 36/53 = 68%

If (thats a big IF) sardar plays 13 games per year for 9 years (until he is 34-35) that would be 117 games and goal ratio of 68% = 80 goals in 9 years time . 80 + 36 = 116.

Please keep in mind that our IFF has been sh*t in scheduling friendly games and sadly we have over 20 canceled friendly games in pas 7-8 years. Hopefully IFF can improve that and increase our yearly game to 17 games.

Another point to consider is that sardars goal scoring ratio has improved significantly . Sardar has scored 8 goals in Team Meli's last 8 games .

I'm very optimistic about sardar reaching 120 goals by end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                        Of course this is just an estimate ! But I also did a quick check up on number of games team melli plays and sardars goals ratio. from 2015-2019 (5years) team melli has played 65 games (an average of 13 games per year). Sardars goal ratio = 36/53 = 68%

If (thats a big IF) sardar plays 13 games per year for 9 years (until he is 34-35) that would be 117 games and goal ratio of 68% = 80 goals in 9 years time . 80 + 36 = 116.

Please keep in mind that our IFF has been sh*t in scheduling friendly games and sadly we have over 20 canceled friendly games in pas 7-8 years. Hopefully IFF can improve that and increase our yearly game to 17 games.

Another point to consider is that sardars goal scoring ratio has improved significantly . Sardar has scored 8 goals in Team Meli's last 8 games .

I'm very optimistic about sardar reaching 120 goals by end of his career.
                        It would be great if he does. I just don't see it with as much certainty as others.

Comment

It would be great if he does. I just don't see it with as much certainty as others.
                          I guess we have to wait and see. As always save this post for future references

Comment

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

As much as I think CR7 is the best to beak the mighty Ali Daie record, I think the record should reflect the number of games played to get to that level.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                              As much as I think CR7 is the best to beak the mighty Ali Daie record, I think the record should reflect the number of games played to get to that level.
                              Eh. I don't think it matters, especially when you consider the different levels of competition between continents. I would never take anything away from Daei, but 16 goals are against Laos and Maldives. The record is the record, and I think both Daei and CR7 are legends. I love the way they celebrated the achievement. I think Daei has received more accolades now then when he set the record.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Really cool animated graph showing Daei and Ronaldo’s goals by age. Daei started much later and his goal tally has a much steeper slope.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQL7al4L...um=share_sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X