No announcement yet.

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the way it looks the answer would be very possibly. Portugal already in Euro 2020.
    At minimum they will have 3 matches in Euro 2020 in June/July and there is at least 3 FIFA day friendlies before the competition.

So in total 6 matches to be played in the next 6-9 months. I wouldn't be surprised if his record is broken
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Happy Birthday to the GOAT, who turned 51.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
        Same wish for Masoud Shojaei, otherwise he is going to stay in TM for the next 2-3 years and ruin our football with his egoism.
        you cant blame shojaei, he loves iran and would probably play for team melli till his death. the headcoach is the one to blame. hate him or love him, he did a lot for team melli and the people in iran. to wish his career to be ended with an injury is not okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
          you cant blame shojaei, he loves iran and would probably play for team melli till his death. the headcoach is the one to blame. hate him or love him, he did a lot for team melli and the people in iran. to wish his career to be ended with an injury is not okay.
          You definitely can. His choice was selfish, to continue playing when he clearly wasnt at the required level. There are examples of tons of players in this world better than shojaei who stepped aside when they realized they were blocking the path of younger players. He hung on and hung on and in the end it ended in disaster vs iraq, when our most experienced player, our "captain", displayed continuous petulant behavior of fouling whoever dispossessed him in a wild manner.

Thankfully, shojaei announced his retirement essentially a couple weeks ago. From next year he will become coach of tractor and said he will no longer be involved with TM. Lets hope he doesnt go back on his word because he is a total waste of a squad spot.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            You definitely can. His choice was selfish, to continue playing when he clearly wasnt at the required level. There are examples of tons of players in this world better than shojaei who stepped aside when they realized they were blocking the path of younger players. He hung on and hung on and in the end it ended in disaster vs iraq, when our most experienced player, our "captain", displayed continuous petulant behavior of fouling whoever dispossessed him in a wild manner.

Thankfully, shojaei announced his retirement essentially a couple weeks ago. From next year he will become coach of tractor and said he will no longer be involved with TM. Lets hope he doesnt go back on his word because he is a total waste of a squad spot.
            He really announced his retirement?

Honestly his career both clubwise and national team didn't impress me at all. He scored a couple of impressive goals with osasuna, and one against sk plus some tm games he wasnt bad and that's all

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              He really announced his retirement?

Honestly his career both clubwise and national team didn't impress me at all. He scored a couple of impressive goals with osasuna, and one against sk plus some tm games he wasnt bad and that's all
              Objectively he had great technique, and especially in younger osasuna days was a good playmaker, great shot and dribbling ability. He had bad luck with injuries and that took away some of his pace that really added a lot to his game. He was solid for TM during this prime and also had a couple really good games vs chile, argentina. In many of the recent years, his play has just been shit to put it mildly. He acts as if he can be prime pirlo and just slows our game down and gives turnovers. Watching him in St petersburg vs morocco he was legitimately our worst player and CQ quickly yanked him and never played him again. I think he has been good in the locker room and whatnot but its getting ridiculous at this point.

Something that really infuriates me with shojaei is how short his temper is. He tries to act all ba-akhlagh, elder statesmen, etc but it is all BS. He quicker than anybody succumbs to a few opposition fouls by reacting in the most violent ridiculous ways. Vs morocco he got a yellow card after like ten mins with a horrible challenge on harit, red card recently vs iraq. In general when you need somebody on the field to transmit calm and discipline to team during hard time, you look to your older players and shojaei does the literal opposite, argues with ref like no tomorrow, fouling players, complaining for fouls, etc. His time is LONG overdue done.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Objectively he had great technique, and especially in younger osasuna days was a good playmaker, great shot and dribbling ability. He had bad luck with injuries and that took away some of his pace that really added a lot to his game. He was solid for TM during this prime and also had a couple really good games vs chile, argentina. In many of the recent years, his play has just been shit to put it mildly. He acts as if he can be prime pirlo and just slows our game down and gives turnovers. Watching him in St petersburg vs morocco he was legitimately our worst player and CQ quickly yanked him and never played him again. I think he has been good in the locker room and whatnot but its getting ridiculous at this point.
                Something that really infuriates me with shojaei is how short his temper is. He tries to act all ba-akhlagh, elder statesmen, etc but it is all BS. He quicker than anybody succumbs to a few opposition fouls by reacting in the most violent ridiculous ways. Vs morocco he got a yellow card after like ten mins with a horrible challenge on harit, red card recently vs iraq. In general when you need somebody on the field to transmit calm and discipline to team during hard time, you look to your older players and shojaei does the literal opposite, argues with ref like no tomorrow, fouling players, complaining for fouls, etc. His time is LONG overdue done.
                He and deceased Mehrdad Oladi shone brilliantly during a football tournament in KSA back in 2004-2005 era I believe. I remember it was a showcase scenario for both of them with their super fancy and at times selfish display. Anywhere from that tournament on, both these players turned into our new "Ali Karimi" figures. Non lived up to expectation though sadly enough.

Comment

Thanks to coronavirus maybe daei will keep it.
                  Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                    it's a real possibility. WCQ and Euro2020 are all delayed. Time is against CR7, as well as age, injuries, COVID...all against CR7.

Comment

Comment

Actually I think the opposite. CR will definitely stick around for the Euros and now that the World Cup is only a year later instead of two he might not retire from Portugal's national team until after it.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Ronaldo is nowhere near retirement, Juve management was in talks to extend his contract to 2024

Comment

CR7 is a freak of nature. He'll go as long as he can. He's a competitor and keeps himself in better shape than a 20 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              CR7 is a freak of nature. He'll go as long as he can. He's a competitor and keeps himself in better shape than a 20 year old.
                              perhaps, but you cant beat the biological clock. At some point your body wont respond the same no matter how much you work out and take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                                perhaps, but you cant beat the biological clock. At some point your body wont respond the same no matter how much you work out and take care of it.
                                Honestly 10 goals is nothing for him next year or in two years. penalty here and there, some tokhmi teams like lithania and here you go

Comment

Working...
                                X