Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...ed-by-ronaldo/
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Germany will shut out CR7

Comment

Ronaldo just scored. 2 away from Daei now

Comment

He scored.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Ronaldo deserves it man.. he just cleared a header off a corner and then sprinted up in marked for a tap inin contrast ali daei played Germany and did nothing
            Ronaldo deserves it lol
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

With all do respect to Daei, he is no where near the caliber player CR7 is. Frankly if he played in Europe he wouldn’t have half of the goals he scored internationally with Iran. He represented Iran well. Respect to him but Ronaldo deserves to be the top scorer ever.

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
                With all do respect to Daei, he is no where near the caliber player CR7 is. Frankly if he played in Europe he wouldn’t have half of the goals he scored internationally with Iran. He represented Iran well. Respect to him but Ronaldo deserves to be the top scorer ever.
                That's not necessarily true Ronaldo has scored about half of his goals against the likes of Andorra, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, etc..

Ronaldo has also played 28 more games than Daei.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                  That's not necessarily true Ronaldo has scored about half of his goals against the likes of Andorra, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, etc..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  He also started to play at 17 yo, is surrounded by superstars and is playing tons of games (friendlies, wcq, euro qualifications, World cup, euro, nation league).

Comment

The record is broken. We don't need a crystal ball to figure this one out lol. There is no way CR7 will not score the remaining goals to break the record
                    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post

Ronaldo has also played 28 more games than Daei.
                      Again, respect to Daei. At any point of their careers would you choose Daei over Ronaldo? Look at them both at 36. Ronaldo is one of the best all time. Daei is one of the best Asian players ever but not all time.

Comment

Fun fact: Daei probably also holds the record for most international header goals (unless someone names another player with more, I'm claiming this record for Daei), 29 goals vs 25 for Ronaldo atm, judging by the 109 goals video on yt. I counted them. Some goals you need to play at x0.25 speed to tell, because of the quality. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                          Ronaldo just scored. 2 away from Daei now
                          he still got one more to score before i have to go grab my baton ..!

Comment

What frustrates me the most is the fact, that 70-80% of CR7 goals were Penalties &Tap-ins combined. He heavily benefits from his egoism on the field and his authority among the players who serve all the balls to him.

I just hope we play some games against Myanmar, Bangladesh, Maldives, Cambodia, Laos, India, Nepal so that Azmoun can reclaim this record for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                              What frustrates me the most is the fact, that 70-80% of CR7 goals were Penalties &Tap-ins combined. He heavily benefits from his egoism on the field and his authority among the players who serve all the balls to him.
                              I just hope we play some games against Myanmar, Bangladesh, Maldives, Cambodia, Laos, India, Nepal so that Azmoun can reclaim this record for Iran.
                              I'm sorry but Daie's 5 goals against Maldives and other crappy opponents weren't easy?

Also, speaking of egos, daie single handlely ruined out 2006 campaign bc of his ego and wanting to stay on the field 90 minutes for each match. Waaay passed his prime. Not to mention how he screwed up the following wc qualifying forcing himself as the coach with next to zero experience. Smh.

Comment

You all realize that Ronaldo breaking this record doesn't make Daei's acheivement any smaller?

Daei was a treasure for the national team and score an earth shattering number of goals against both strong and weak opposition. He gave us a lot of joy and kept the record for a long time which is something to be proud of.

But we can't be so absurd as to assume he's on the same caliber as Ronaldo I mean it doesn't even take any explaining. One player is constantly in talks as being the best in the world and while the other is by no means a pushover its just a different league. You would think this is common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X