Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliCarbon View Post
    I'm sorry but Daie's 5 goals against Maldives and other crappy opponents weren't easy?

Also, speaking of egos, daie single handlely ruined out 2006 campaign bc of his ego and wanting to stay on the field 90 minutes for each match. Waaay passed his prime. Not to mention how he screwed up the following wc qualifying forcing himself as the coach with next to zero experience. Smh.
    Yes Daei was selfish in WC 2006, still there is no one with a bigger ego than Ronald. Also as an Iranian it is a no brainer, that i support Daei since he represents Iran. True enough that Daei scored against Teams like Maldives, but Ronaldo also scored many goals against Teams like Malta, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Faroe Island, Andorra, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Israel etc.

Comment

i dont see the point of gatekeeping the title; records are made to be broken. how do you think puskas/hungarians felt when daei became the record holder? congratulations to daei and cristiano ronaldo. thats one hell of an accomplishment

Comment

They showed daei today in the German TV...never ever would he get the recognition he is getting if it was not about Ronaldo to break the record!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Daei is still the first to break 100, and will always have that title, even after a dozen CR7s

Comment

The fun about records is the ability to break them otherwise they are just facts. Like Mount Everest is the tallest (well big deal because you can’t change that). But the ability to climb it faster or be the first to climb it this way or that way is what makes the mountain interesting.

Shir Ali Dai for having and continuing to make all of us Iranians proud for such a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by GolGolGoool View Post
              Fun fact: Daei probably also holds the record for most international header goals (unless someone names another player with more, I'm claiming this record for Daei), 29 goals vs 25 for Ronaldo atm, judging by the 109 goals video on yt. I counted them. Some goals you need to play at x0.25 speed to tell, because of the quality. 😀
              '

thats great stats!

i came to think about another great one with the headers.
              Oliver Bierhof but he ha only a total of 37 goals at 70 games for Germany. But the dude almost only scored headers if I remember correctly so its not impossible that he is there somewhere aroud 25-30 header goals aswell.
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Ronaldo scored.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

1 Away

Comment

108…..

Comment

I've never heard Daei's name more often than the last week. He obviously deserves to be in the spotlight as he had managed to set a unbelievable record and it's only being broken by one the best players in the history of sports. He needed more games to achieve it, but still also well deserved.

Comment

King of penaldos and tap in.
                        Daei make a diet, Cambodia friendlies are waiting you!

Comment

Penalty. He's about to tie the record.
                          He tied it.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ronaldo 109 ties with Ali Daei.
                              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Someone on Wiki add a asterisks note to mention how many PKs Ronaldo scored to make it to the 109

Comment

Working...
                                X