• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick him up top against Cambodia!

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Why is it a joke?
      Half of Ronaldo's goals are scored against horrible teams like Luxembourg and San Marino. These teams have day laborers as players and are no better than Maldives or Guam. Take into account Daei started at 22/23 and Ronaldo at 17.
      Travelling to the places Daei did to score those goals wasnt easy, he would travel half the earth to go play for his country. For Ronaldo, its a ditzy 1 hr flight to a tourist destination.
      I think the grittiness of play/travel is really underappreciated nowadays when national teams, had to travel to distant lands and turn up. Now with the Internet, social media etc the world is smaller.
      Even in 1998, Iran pulling that result against Australia...we might as well have been playing on Mars, it was that foreign a land. I don't think we'll see games like that anymore. The intercontinental playoff is the only remnant of that time left.
      The best teams in Europe are World Cup champions. The best teams in AFC are the equivalent of mid table European teams. The worst teams in AFC are simply pashm.

Sometime ago I analyzed Daei's goals and posted it here. Of his total 35 of them were not just against teams that we were favored to win but against teams that any 11 random soccer players off the street would be favored to win.

In Asian qualification in spite of the bottom 12 teams having to play a preliminary round and six of the teams being eliminated the current groups feature more than 10 games where one team has scored more than seven goals (China 7 Guam 0 (twice), Kuwait 9 Chinese Taipei 0, Kuwait 7 Nepal 0, Australia 7 Chinese Taipei 1, Iran 14 Cambodia 0, Bahrain 8 Cambodia 0, Japan 10 Myanmar 0, Japan 14 Mongolia 0, Kyrgyzstan 7 Mongolia 0, South Korea 8 Sri Lanka 0). In Europe in spite of no teams being excluded and all the weak teams being present and the top teams being much stronger than the top Asian teams there have only been two results with seven or more goals (Netherlands 7 Gibraltar 0, Belgium 8 Belarus 0).
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Some of these small European teams like Luxembourg, Armenia, Kosovo are actually becoming good enough to get results against top teams(Portugal, Germany, etc). Can't envision the likes of Singapore, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal doing that anytime soon.

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1402711914703208450
          I guess Ronaldo has trained with Hajisafi,
          I bet Daeis record will stand after the european championships..
          Now, if bettingforum was still here, that would be a fun bett, id bet half my gold
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            https://twitter.com/i/status/1402711914703208450
            I guess Ronaldo has trained with Hajisafi,
            I bet Daeis record will stand after the european championships..
            Now, if bettingforum was still here, that would be a fun bett, id bet half my gold

Comment

Daei's record might be broken soon, because Ronaldo plays in a joke confederation with weak teams like Gibraltar, Faroe Islands, San Marino.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh Ahangar View Post
                Daei's record might be broken soon, because Ronaldo plays in a joke confederation with weak teams like Gibraltar, Faroe Islands, San Marino.
                Yes agreed, the likes of Guam, Maledives and Cambodia would own Ronaldo....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Ali daei could have scored 3 pk tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Ali daei could have scored 3 pk tonight!
                    And poor Ronaldo would be crying right now
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Portugal is in the group of death, along with France and Germany. My money is on Germany and France to progress and hoping their defenses shut down CR7. Obviously, CR7 will get his goals elsewhere if he doesn't in Euro2021, but it will still be sweet to see him get knocked out in the group stage

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                        If Ronaldo breaks the Record, we still have Azmoun and Teams like Cambodia, Maledives, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Guam, Bangladesh etc. to reclaim the international goal scoring Record. ;D
                        We should have a friendly match against these teams every FIFA day.
                        As matter of fact we should have a traveling Team Melli, playing friendlies with these guys every other week.

Comment

Ronaldo scored.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

And again.

Comment

Ronaldo needs 4 more goals and he will break Daeis record... He will reach this with no problem if he dont get injured

Comment

It would be less a porblem if Messi would be going to break the record by not CR7...

Comment

Working...
                                X