Will Daei's record ever be broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Daei's record ever be broken?

i for one thought no one would ever get near it let alone beat it, but there are 2 players who are starting to worry me..

Ronaldo 85 - yes he is 33 years old but he is in such good shape he could still lead Portugals attack for at least the next 2/3 years, maybe even the next World cup as well. As we know Ronaldo loves records and im sure breaking Daei's record is high up on his agenda. say he does lead Portugals attack in next world cup he needs 25 goals in 4 years. He needs roughly 6 goals a year..

Neymar 56- only 26 and achieved those goals in only 88 games. The positive thing is that he isnt an out and out striker like Ronaldo is these days, plays on the left of a front 3, but still is their main goal threat and could close the gap substantially in the next few years..

Yes, all Penaldo needs is fee more special treatment

Comment

Renaldo and Neymar will play until they break Daie’s record. They have such an access to international games that it will happen.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Sardar was able to to break Daei’s record (or any record ronaldo or neymar set above daei’s record, )if he wasnt a cry baby to quite team melli over few 14 year olds trolling his instagram page
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Pretty sure sardar can break ali daei's records if he get his shit together and stop actin like a 2 year old !

Sardar has like 100+ more team melli games! most of them are against asian team which we play offensively so he can score

Comment

Ronaldo wants to play till he's 40 or something like that, and I can see him having another good 2-3 years as a starter and then another 2-3 as a supersub

Comment

I think the likelihood of Ronaldo breaking Daei's record is very probable and in fact I will he will easily break it. He can play at least another 2-3 years (I have a feeling he will also be on their next WC team) thus many friendly and official games to be played.

As for Naymar it's a big no. I doubt he can reach that high!

Comment

I think Seyyed Allahyar Sayyadmanesh will break his record.

Comment

If Portugal plays teams as Liechtenstein, and other small european nations, he will break it. Right now, it is a fifty-fifty chance for both ronaldo and neymar to break it.

Sardar Azmoun will not break it...too soon to count on him.
                  World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                  sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                  If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                  -

Comment

Ronaldo may because I do not see his replacement for Portugal. Neymar probably not. Brazil are too good and he won't last past 32.
                    And times have changed since Ali Daei' days. There are not that many countries that even top sides can hurl 10-20 goals from anymore and truly weak teams are culled out before they face top teams as AFC changed the qualification system.
                    I do not see anyone from AFC that will surpass his record in near future for that reason.

Comment

Lol they’re already saying ronaldo is the the highest European goal scorer. On most recent lists they use on tv and social media they use that wording just so they don’t show Daei and make him the highest. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                        Lol they’re already saying ronaldo is the the highest European goal scorer. On most recent lists they use on tv and social media they use that wording just so they don’t show Daei and make him the highest. Pathetic.
                        Have not seen this mistake being done once in Sweden. Ali Daei is always first

Comment

Ronaldo will break it. Need what 20 something? The guy is in amazing shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                            Saw that here too

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...stiano_Ronaldo
                              His best quotas are obviously in qualification games against the likes of Andorra etc.

He shoots about 10 goals in each World Cup qualification, 7 in each UEFA qualification. His quota is actually getting better in the recent years, never under 0.5 goals per game. He needs 25 goals to surpass Ali Daei. With a quota of 0.5 - 1 goal per game that will be 25-50 games. He plays about 10 games a year.
                              I dont see him quitting all too soon, but there is at least always the possibility of injuries, especially when you are getting older.

I really thinks it is a 50:50 thing, but if he actually gets close to it soon, he will definitely continue to get the record.

Comment

Working...
                              X