Iran vs Portugal Referee, again from South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
    One can't kick a ball 5+ yards ahead of himself, and then cry penalty because a defender cuts him off, while trying to play the ball. No way that Ronaldo deserved that penalty, as he did not have control of the ball, and the same could be said for our penalty. That handball was incidental and unavoidable.
    You can't stick your hand out in the box and then claim it was incidental. If his hand was to his side, sure, but it was out and in the air during a air challenge. 100% penalty.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
      You can't stick your hand out in the box and then claim it was incidental. If his hand was to his side, sure, but it was out and in the air during a air challenge. 100% penalty.
      Don't want to argue with you, but it may help if someone can post a clip of it. The Portugeuse defender had his back turned and was running into the box, and he never saw it coming. Sardar headed the ball straight onto his outstretched arm. That's never a penalty (unless the ref is inept).

ps- No one runs with their arms pinned to the side. If the Portugeuse defender were facing Sardar and had his arm outstretched, it's a different story.

Comment

One can't kick a ball 5+ yards ahead of himself, and then cry penalty because a defender cuts him off, while trying to play the ball. No way that Ronaldo deserved that penalty, as he did not have control of the ball, and the same could be said for our penalty. That handball was incidental and unavoidable.
        It was a clear penalty to me and I called it as it was happening. I didn't even need the replay.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          It was a clear penalty to me and I called it as it was happening. I didn't even need the replay.
          Lol I still don't think it was a clear penalty. I have to watch it again from different angles. The ref was fair and sometimes on our side. The ref against morocco screwed them over.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Okay. Cool.

Comment

Don't want to argue with you, but it may help if someone can post a clip of it. The Portugeuse defender had his back turned and was running into the box, and he never saw it coming. Sardar headed the ball straight onto his outstretched arm. That's never a penalty (unless the ref is inept).
              ps- No one runs with their arms pinned to the side. If the Portugeuse defender were facing Sardar and had his arm outstretched, it's a different story.
              It doesn't matter, His arm wasn't dangling like when normally running. It was straight and out in the air. I can close my eyes and waive my hands around, doesn't make it any less of a handball.
              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

It depends on the situation though. Imaging that exact same scenario but right on the goal line, with the ball almost passing the line if his arm was down. 10/10 refs would give a penalty for the exact same scenario.

With this one, you could argue that the ball could've gone to Taremi making it a 100% scoring chance. But I think mostly the ref was under huge amount of pressure after not giving a red card even when VAR probably asked him to give Ronaldo the red card (they're only allowed to interfere for red cards or penalties or goal scoring moments). He didn't want to be a total douche awarding Portugal that penalty, not giving Ronaldo a red card and not even looking at his screen the first time around Iran claimed a penalty (but I guess the VAR didn't asked for that one either.)

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  It depends on the situation though. Imaging that exact same scenario but right on the goal line, with the ball almost passing the line if his arm was down. 10/10 refs would give a penalty for the exact same scenario.

With this one, you could argue that the ball could've gone to Taremi making it a 100% scoring chance. But I think mostly the ref was under huge amount of pressure after not giving a red card even when VAR probably asked him to give Ronaldo the red card (they're only allowed to interfere for red cards or penalties or goal scoring moments). He didn't want to be a total douche awarding Portugal that penalty, not giving Ronaldo a red card and not even looking at his screen the first time around Iran claimed a penalty (but I guess the VAR didn't asked for that one either.)
                  Well, the penalties aside, the only call I 100% can't understand is the yellow card on Ronaldo.. that should have been straight red. I strongly believe that even Messi would have been red-carded. The only reason it wasn't red after the VAR, was because of the individual involved.. i.e. Ronaldo.

Comment

Well, the penalties aside, the only call I 100% can't understand is the yellow card on Ronaldo.. that should have been straight red. I strongly believe that even Messi would have been red-carded. The only reason it wasn't red after the VAR, was because of the individual involved.. i.e. Ronaldo.
                    Fifa wants to help Europeans they are a Pro European organization

Comment

I watched Liverpool vs. Manchester City this past weekend. Man City was deprived of two clear penalty hand balls and lost the game 3-1, for Liverpool to go 8 points clear atop the EPL table after 12 weeks. I have to say in hindsight, the Iran-Portugal 2018 referee was extremely nice!
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        I watched Liverpool vs. Manchester City this past weekend. Man City was deprived of two clear penalty hand balls and lost the game 3-1, for Liverpool to go 8 points clear atop the EPL table after 12 weeks. I have to say in hindsight, the Iran-Portugal 2018 referee was extremely nice!
                        Extremely nice? He should've given Ronaldo a red card for punching Pouraliganji in his face. He screwed TM over just like the referee in our game against Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          Extremely nice? He should've given Ronaldo a red card for punching Pouraliganji in his face. He screwed TM over just like the referee in our game against Spain.
                          I am specifically talking with regards to the penalty scene at the end of the match. Maybe 9 out of 10 times that spot kick would not be given since hand was in totally natural position. There was almost no contact and no ball deflection. Please watch the Liverpool - Manchester City game this past Sunday. They have some of the best referees in the EPL and could be made case studies. I do however think Iran - Portugal 1-1 was deserved because Shojaie must have scored on that injury time play.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am specifically talking with regards to the penalty scene at the end of the match. Maybe 9 out of 10 times that spot kick would not be given since hand was in totally natural position. There was almost no contact and no ball deflection. Please watch the Liverpool - Manchester City game this past Sunday. They have some of the best referees in the EPL and could be made case studies. I do however think Iran - Portugal 1-1 was deserved because Shojaie must have scored on that injury time play.
                            Shojaei? Shojaei didn’t plays against Portugal.

Comment

I watched the game as well. One handball could have been contested although it was unintentional imo, the other was clearly and obviously unintentional.
                              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Shojaei? Shojaei didn’t plays against Portugal.
                                Sorry it was Taremi.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X