Iran vs Portugal Referee, again from South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
    you're wrong man because Ben Wiliams and Milord Mazic were fair!
    This is true (though Mazic, the 2014 Argentina ref, got it wrong, he needed VAR), but most Iranians wouldn't agree with us. Because all ref's are biased when your team loses!

Comment

WE WILL WIN

Comment

FIFA is super corrupt, it's all about money. I think they'll do everything they can to push Portugal through

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          We didn't dive once.
          Spanish ref should have carded Costa and given a few warnings to the players who barked at him like dogs.
          Including Iranians arguing with him and making hand/arm gestures which needs to be met with a yellow card? Or only Spanish ones?

How about all the time or players stepped on the Spanish toes (Like Azmun on Ramos)?

If the ref was biased he could have shown multiple yellows to Iran.

I think that you're not totally objective, which is very understandable.

Comment

He was garbage.

Comment

the ref was shit

don't know how that wasn't a red to Ronaldo

a few times our players got taken down in the box and he didn't bother doing a review, but didn't hesitate to give penaldo a PK, god bless Beiro

it took 2 minutes for him to decide to give us a review after someone talked to him on his ear piece.

and some guys here don't think that refs are corrupt of biased towards us

that was a shameful display by the ref and FIFA
              SHOW TIME!

Comment

The only error was when portugal defender grabbed our player in the box, that was a possible penalty worthy of var check

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
                  The only error was when portugal defender grabbed our player in the box, that was a possible penalty worthy of var check
                  A penalty error is a HUGE error
                  And he wasted 10 minutes on VAR, 4 of which were during extra time.

And then he stopped the game in the 97th???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

But then again if it were an Iranian coach you would not even have gotten the VAR that led to the penalty. A coach with some statue and reputation definitely works. CQ is a real good coach for Iran in many ways. Korea have gotten no VAR for them and many against them because the coach did not even protest, citing the FIFA rule against it. The real reason is that his English sucks and he was scared to be embarrassed. LOL.

Comment

The ref should have red carded Ronaldo. Other than that he got all other calls right.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        The ref should have red carded Ronaldo. Other than that he got all other calls right.
                        Did you think Azmoun fell too easily in the box? I thought that would've been a PK if it were a Portugal player. I still give the ref a 7/10

Comment

Shit ref overall.

Clearly a red for Ronaldo but of course this coward didn't want to pull the trigger and send off FIFA's money making machine.

He also wasted SOOOOO much time with the VAR. He was indecisive throughout the match especially in the 2nd half which costed us precious time.

The VAR he did that resulted into a ruling in favor of Portugal and a penalty kick in favor of Portugal was also done VERY late, at least a minute (seemed like 2 minutes) after the initial incident.

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                            Did you think Azmoun fell too easily in the box? I thought that would've been a PK if it were a Portugal player. I still give the ref a 7/10
                            I thought he did and I even thought he might get a yellow for diving. For Portugal's pk as soon as it happened I told my son we got lucky because that was a penalty. And of course seconds later it went to VAR.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

VAR shows that there have been many uncalled penalties in past games. But VAR changed the nature of the game too much and the referee is more important than ever. The referee more often decides the outcome of the game than ever before. However I cannot agree that Iran have been strictly victims. It is entirely within the rule of the game to hand out yellow cards to obvious grassrolling but none was issued in this WC.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                                I thought he did and I even thought he might get a yellow for diving. For Portugal's pk as soon as it happened I told my son we got lucky because that was a penalty. And of course seconds later it went to VAR.
                                One can't kick a ball 5+ yards ahead of himself, and then cry penalty because a defender cuts him off, while trying to play the ball. No way that Ronaldo deserved that penalty, as he did not have control of the ball, and the same could be said for our penalty. That handball was incidental and unavoidable.

Comment

Working...
                                X