Iran vs Portugal Referee, again from South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    If this is truly what we find concerning then we should be horrified that against Portugal we are being lead by a Portuguese man.
    Yesterday by pure chance I met a Portuguese airline hostess who works for Lufthansa and speaks fluent German. Is here on short break (layover) in Southern California, together with coworkers. She was extremely worried about this issue... Said CQ knows exactly what do to on Monday. She wanted to know my origin. I said Iran and ended up darting away.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      Guys, as much as I was a little surprised to see another south american referee. Let's take a step back and chillax a little bit. For one these are FIFA certified referees. Therefore we can be assured that they are qualified. Secondly everything is televised in 4k quality and we have replays available. If the referee is unjust the entire world will know and he will definitely be reprimanded. The next point is, Portuguese do not speak Spanish and they don't have much in common with Hispanics, especially south Americans which are practically on the other side of the world. Let me give you a great example to demonstrate this. An iranian referee, such as Faghani for example. To an outsider if he was to ref a match with Egypt for example people would say (oh he's from the middle east) so he will the Egypt's side (since Egypt is very close). Now although the example is not exaclty the same, I'm sure you get the point. Persians are not even fans of Arabs to begin with haha. So anyway, stop thinking conspiracy and let's cheer on TM. We love them!
      Many decades ago when I was at English school, I had classmates from Portugal, Brazil, El Salvador, Chile. When they wanted to communicate with each other they would talk in their own language and other responded in their own language and they understood most of the sentences eg. Brazilian would talk Portuguese and El Salvadorian spoke Spanish and they would understand most of the sentence
      I won't be surprised if VAR team are all from Latin America as well.
      Last edited by Rooyintan; 06-24-2018, 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

its two games in a row that we get a ref from south america. i guess north american refs can't be bought. they will be biased towards us, like vs spain. theres a photo of the uruguayan ref shouting at hajsafi, but calmly talking to that piece of shit costa. don't understand why some of you are blind to see that there is so much biased towards us
        SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
          its two games in a row that we get a ref from south america. i guess north american refs can't be bought. they will be biased towards us, like vs spain. theres a photo of the uruguayan ref shouting at hajsafi, but calmly talking to that piece of shit costa. don't understand why some of you are blind to see that there is so much biased towards us
          Funny how every ref is biased toward everyone else's team.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
            Funny how every ref is biased toward everyone else's team.
            not really, turkish ref in morocco match was fair
            SHOW TIME!

Comment

not really, turkish ref in morocco match was fair
              Ok, funny how every ref is biased toward everyone else's team when they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyOscy View Post
                Ok, funny how every ref is biased toward everyone else's team when they lose.
                you're wrong man because Ben Wiliams and Milord Mazic were fair!
                SHOW TIME!

Comment

What gets me is that VAR is selectively applied and no one is clear what the rules of engagement are. For example in the Serbia vs Switzerland game at least there was a penalty when two Swiss player rugby tackled a Serbian in the 18 yard box, not given and not pulled up by the VAR team. While in the France vs Australia game, VAR gives a penalty to France on a soft foul in the box. Same with England, potentially 2 offside goals stood, no VAR interference again.

It surely look dubious to say the least. I hope this doesn’t play against us.

Comment

you're wrong man because Ben Wiliams and Milord Mazic were fair!
                    They were far from Fair!!

Comment

FIFA is all about Money! Thats why they want 48 teams in the next WC! Its all about $$$$ so really does the " beautiful game" want an "Ugly" Iran to advance over the Gorgeous Ronaldo led Portugal?? Lets think about this a little!...

Comment

On the contrary if you watch the game again you will see that he yelled at anyone who was crowding him and getting in his face.

He also managed the game without handing out cards. He also made fair calls on the majority of the fouls.

I think he was pretty solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

“Pepe should keep quiet,” Queiroz told Portuguese media, adding, quotably. “He reminds me of a bad actor in a Brazilian soap opera.”

HHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Comment

I thought Spain ref was pretty cool not giving us cards for diving

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
                              I thought Spain ref was pretty cool not giving us cards for diving
                              We didn't dive once.
                              Spanish ref should have carded Costa and given a few warnings to the players who barked at him like dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                                Guys, as much as I was a little surprised to see another south american referee. Let's take a step back and chillax a little bit. For one these are FIFA certified referees. Therefore we can be assured that they are qualified. Secondly everything is televised in 4k quality and we have replays available. If the referee is unjust the entire world will know and he will definitely be reprimanded. The next point is, Portuguese do not speak Spanish and they don't have much in common with Hispanics, especially south Americans which are practically on the other side of the world. Let me give you a great example to demonstrate this. An iranian referee, such as Faghani for example. To an outsider if he was to ref a match with Egypt for example people would say (oh he's from the middle east) so he will the Egypt's side (since Egypt is very close). Now although the example is not exaclty the same, I'm sure you get the point. Persians are not even fans of Arabs to begin with haha. So anyway, stop thinking conspiracy and let's cheer on TM. We love them!
                                go ask the Swedes about 4k and replays

Comment

Working...
                                X