Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FIFA statistics: IRAN has the best defense in WC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omids View Post
    So explain to me how Russia had only 38% possession against Saudi Arabia and still won 5 - nill. There, figure that. Possession in itself means nothing.
    Lol basically out of every 2/5 of the time Russia had the ball? You do realize we are well below that? Now imagine you are playing Spain...and have less possession....how can you expect to score a goal and let alone win???

Lol great laugh...KSA could have 100% possession and will prob still lose the game!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      We also are the weakest offense with lowest ball possession right? I heard commentators mentioning that our possession numbers are some of the worst and second only to 2014? Goals...are we the only team with no goal scorer in the lineup?

Peru, KSA, Costa Rica, Panama, Morocco (og), Germany, South Korea

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
        Peru, KSA, Costa Rica, Panama, Morocco (og), Germany, South Korea
        Fair enough...I guess if we feel we are in the same company as Peru, KSA, CR you made a valid point. Morocco too even...I'll give you that. Germany and SK have only played 1 match thus far. Let's see how they do after 2

Comment

Lol basically out of every 2/5 of the time Russia had the ball? You do realize we are well below that? Now imagine you are playing Spain...and have less possession....how can you expect to score a goal and let alone win???

Lol great laugh...KSA could have 100% possession and will prob still lose the game!

You make no sense at all as you are now contradicting yourself. Never mind whatever floats your boat.

Comment

You make no sense at all as you are now contradicting yourself. Never mind whatever floats your boat.
            I'm saying possession against KSA is not important...but KSA has sent two of the historical ly most weakest teams to their last 2 WC. I doubt they could score an own goal let alone a goal even if their opponents had 0 possession. You are equating Spain to KSA...a non factor in this WC.

Comment

I'm saying possession against KSA is not important...but KSA has sent two of the historical ly most weakest teams to their last 2 WC. I doubt they could score an own goal let alone a goal even if their opponents had 0 possession. You are equating Spain to KSA...a non factor in this WC.

So according to you a weaker team, ie Saudi Arabia in this case, can have 62% possession in a game against a stronger team, that in itself proves that possession is not that importance. You are proving my point there once again. Thanks.

It’s not only Saudi Arabia. Even Croatia had only 42% of possession against Argentina and won 3-0. So there you go, once again it shows that higher possession does not equate to success or better game.

Comment

Spain might have had 75% possessions
                But 74% of it was used to go side to side trying to find a hole in our defense

Comment

im sure Amiri (or another one of our players) will top the "most distance covered" after our game on Monday, Golovin is top with 25km, Amiri must be close to that and he hasnt even played 2 full games...

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
                    im sure Amiri (or another one of our players) will top the "most distance covered" after our game on Monday, Golovin is top with 25km, Amiri must be close to that and he hasnt even played 2 full games...
                    That would be great! Amiri worked really hard. He was like Roberto Carlos or Gattuso!

BTW last WC Pouladi had the highest stats for a defensive player and made it to the team (11 players) of the first round!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Official FIFA statistics: IRAN has the best defense in WC!

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post

ENJOY this while it lasts [emoji3] [emoji6]

It will not end any time soon brother

You guys can take this to the bank, once we beat Portugal, we will go all the way to the final 4

Regards
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

So according to you a weaker team, ie Saudi Arabia in this case, can have 62% possession in a game against a stronger team, that in itself proves that possession is not that importance. You are proving my point there once again. Thanks.

It’s not only Saudi Arabia. Even Croatia had only 42% of possession against Argentina and won 3-0. So there you go, once again it shows that higher possession does not equate to success or better game.
                        I'm saying you don't need to dominate but you need enough possession to have a chance to win. Obviously a team can beat KSA with just 1% possession cause they are very weak. But you couldn't do that against Spain. You need more to have a stronger shot at winning.

Hence your argument is if Russia could beat Saudi with 40% possession then Iran can beat Spain with a similar stat?

And if course it's not just possession but more...a team like Croatia is no joke...they in their short footballing life have achieved more than Iran already. Of course manzukic, modric, etc can do way more than Azmoun and Ansarifard with far less...

Comment

^

I think we can all agree that its a matter of efficiency more than anything else!
                          Its about how much we make from the chances we have!
                          Thats the area to improve. If Taremi would have scored that header, than Spain would have been very inefficient with all their possessions, while we with less, draw the game or even could have won the game!

Our overall game startegy (like argentina 2014) has always been about frustrating opponents in first half and in the last 30 mins surprise them with counters! Its a good strategy IMO, however we need to improve on the efficiency level!

Italian clubs and national teams used to win cups and torunaments this way! While Brazil (like 1982, 1986) had more of the possessions but lost games!

So, I say its a matter of efficiency than anything else! And we need to be more efficient, then everyone will be happy!
                          Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 06-22-2018, 08:08 PM.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^
                            and not to mention due to our bad infrastructure at youth level and facilities, we cannot play pressing offensive football like England and Germany do, we would run out of gas! We need to adapt a strategy that works! This is what Tomislav Ivic also did in 1998, remember Yugoslavia game, and CQ is doing it now too. (vs 2006 and the disaster vs Mexico and Portugal)

Comment

Originally posted by val View Post
                              It will not end any time soon brother
                              would be good if we stay there till the end of WC! That would be a title to be proud of!

Comment

Even we are out STILL Fifa’s WC Best Defense with more clean tackles, clearances and saves, than others till now!

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/

Comment

Working...
                                X