Your Line-Up Against Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dadashi View Post
    I generally agree with what you said and appreciate your comments and professionalism. But do you think whatever you [generally] correctly said (I am not going to repeat about coach's first hand knowledge and players condition) had changed in just couple days from match one to match two. No, I don't think so. He made mistakes in first match and he corrected couple of his mistakes in second match and we all saw the result.
    no it didnt change, the plan was never to play the same players for 3 matches that are each only 4 days apart, that would be suicide! Ezatolahi returned vs spain,M. Hosseini also came in due to cheshmi's injury, and ARJ sat out because we needed more defensive cover in full back areas, and again it was the right choice, taremi and ansarifard were brilliant. If vs Portugal we change something, its most likely (99.99%) bc it was the plan from before the WC, not bc something changed CQ's mind.

Comment

If you really believe we were not lucky winning first game and Morocco was not the unlucky side with the own goal and missed opportunities and their domination in at least first 20 minutes I see no points continuing this with you. Thanks for reply though.

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      lucky we didnt lose 3-0. Really Mr. Analyst, name the three chances morocco had? There was only two! Goal mouth scramble in first half, beira save late in second half, besides that NOTHING. And we had one guilt edge azmoun chance, and another excellent chance for Karim, in addition to our late goal. So not really sure how morocco deserved to win 3-0. you have the right to your own opinion, but when you make statements that are factually incorrect, you deserve to be called out.
      YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

If you really believe we were not lucky winning first game and Morocco was not the unlucky side with the own goal and missed opportunities and their domination in at least first 20 minutes I see no points continuing this with you. Thanks for reply though.
        morocco dominated for first 20 mins, that is it. Neither team did enough to win, but iran definitely did not deserve to lose. 0-0 was a fair result to the game, but in the end we got a bit of luck, and deservedly considering what happened to us in spain and argentina matches.

Comment

we were lucky to beat morocco.... yes

but spain wasn't lucky to beat us? the flukiest goal I've ever seen. but it happens. win some loose some. it doesn't matter how it is scored, the score sheet is always the same. 1-0 is 1-0, whether its bicycle kick or own goal.
          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Again, I agree with you on having different plans for different games but don't you think for example Shojaei would have been a more logical selection for Spain match considering he played there for years? Didn't it make more sense to have Shoji in that match rather the first one. This reveals the contradiction of what you are saying. IMO including him in the squad was wrong to begin with. Trust me CQ is not God either. He makes mistakes but as long as he corrects his mistakes I am fine with it.

no it didnt change, the plan was never to play the same players for 3 matches that are each only 4 days apart, that would be suicide! Ezatolahi returned vs spain,M. Hosseini also came in due to cheshmi's injury, and ARJ sat out because we needed more defensive cover in full back areas, and again it was the right choice, taremi and ansarifard were brilliant. If vs Portugal we change something, its most likely (99.99%) bc it was the plan from before the WC, not bc something changed CQ's mind.
            YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Good for you Tehranto!!! IMO his starting up lineup against Morocco was wrong and we were lucky we didn't lose 3-0. If you put your prejudice aside you would agree we were just lucky not losing that match and I am not sure if we now had 0 points out of two matches you would still proudly state what you stated. I am glad we were lucky as an Iranian and I am glad he corrected his mistakes but he still needs to make at least one change if we are looking to win against Portugal.
              Are you also going to say Spain was lucky not to lose to Iran 2-1? We had two near 100% chances.

Comment

I keep saying we had a great game against Spain because CQ made a few correct changes. The luck was with the first match. Against Spain we could have even won and IMO that would have been well deserved. All the discussions and arguments here is that I believe CQ did not have the correct starting lineup in the first match. I am not arguing about second match. Trust me I am more proud of our boys than you.

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
                we were lucky to beat morocco.... yes

but spain wasn't lucky to beat us? the flukiest goal I've ever seen. but it happens. win some loose some. it doesn't matter how it is scored, the score sheet is always the same. 1-0 is 1-0, whether its bicycle kick or own goal.
                YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Thank you. Our opinions are getting closer!!
                  morocco dominated for first 20 mins, that is it. Neither team did enough to win, but iran definitely did not deserve to lose. 0-0 was a fair result to the game, but in the end we got a bit of luck, and deservedly considering what happened to us in spain and argentina matches.
                  YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

morocco only had two legit scoring chances

same with us... sardar and karim

but i do agree with the lineup vs morocco, especially when i saw shojaei in there lol

we need ghoddos and dejagah badly vs portugal
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Absolutely not. We would have deserved it. Spain was the lucky side. My arguments as I keep repeating is for the first match and I blame it on the coach not our boys and I say CQ corrected his lineup and that's why we we're successful in Spain match.
                      Originally posted by arash123 View Post
                      Are you also going to say Spain was lucky not to lose to Iran 2-1? We had two near 100% chances.
                      YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Absolutely not. We would have deserved it. Spain was the lucky side. My arguments as I keep repeating is for the first match and I blame it on the coach not our boys and I say CQ corrected his lineup and that's why we we're successful in Spain match.
                        Corrected his lineup? The only changes to the starting lineup were that Ezzatolahi started over Shojaei because he was no longer suspended. And Taremi over Jahanbakhsh bc Jahanbakhsh was injured and had a yellow.. Are you saying starting Jahanbakhsh over Taremi was a mistake the first match?

Comment

Although I disagree with your Morocco sentiments, I respect your consistency.

Comment

what do you mean by successful in spain match? we got 0 points, but 3 vs morocco, i call that a success no matter how bad we played
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

You're right Navid jaan, he did. I gotta stop killing brain cells!

So, there we go... he does have a fresh leg option even for RB and in that situation Khanzadeh would become the fresh leg option for CB. Basically, he has an entire team at his disposal who has played only one match and will be going into this as if it is our 2nd game against Spain or Argentina in 2014 - and both of those matches were superb performances.

ABSOLUTELY LEGENDARY.
                              Last edited by Bi-honar; 06-24-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

..............................Beiranvand.......... .....................
                                Rezaeian...........PAG............Hossein........M ohammadi
                                ...............................Ezatollahi......... .......................
                                Jahanbaksh................Omid.................... ........Amiri
                                ...............................................Tar emi.....................
                                ................................Azmoun............ ..............

Subs: Ghodoos, Gucci and Hajsafi

Comment

Working...
                                X