Your Line-Up Against Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
    He's proved more than once he can play with our ultra defensive tactics and still be effective alone upfront, unlike Azmoun. Plus he's clutch AF.
    Agreed. Gucci has come through clutch on multiple occasions and he can play without support. Ghoddos and Dejagah being used would be nice. Either way I trust in CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
      He's proved more than once he can play with our ultra defensive tactics and still be effective alone upfront, unlike Azmoun. Plus he's clutch AF.
      He should change his nickname from Gucci to Clutch.

Comment

I think Rezaeian will sit this one out
        Maybe khanzadeh or montazeri on the right
        Mohammadi on the left
        I think our right side backs and midfield will be very defensive to deal with Ronaldo

CQ will stick to his defensive formation as he thinks Portugal will push for a win

1) they want to fisnish first in group
        2) they want beat CQ
        3) with all their talk about not overlooking Iran they don’t believe Iran has a chance
        4) Ronaldo wants the golden boot

Comment

Beironvand

Ramin , Hosseini , Pag , MM
          Ezzi , Haji SafI
          ARJ , Ghoddos , Amiri/Taremi
          Azmoun

Notice the distance between Beironvand and the defensive line. The lineup is totally offensive

Comment

ramin wont be sitting out. He has been one of our best performers and actually has the fitness to last these three matches. Plus neither montazeri or khanzadeh has anywhere near the speed to deal with portugals attacking line.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              ramin wont be sitting out. He has been one of our best performers and actually has the fitness to last these three matches. Plus neither montazeri or khanzadeh has anywhere near the speed to deal with portugals attacking line.
              Yeah! Plus how can you do my man Ramin like on what could be the best day of his life tomorrow?! (Don't be surprised if he engages to Ronaldo)

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                why the heck Gucci guys?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
                Because he is the clutch dutch!
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I really don't understand why CQ is not giving Torabi any playing time. IMO he is our best winger. I just hope he plays next game. I am confident he will be one of our best if he gets to play.

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  On FIFA whenever I had Torabi against Portugal, he would destroy them with an assist/goal. Is FIFA trying to tell us something?
                  YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Originally posted by Dadashi View Post
                    I really don't understand why CQ is not giving Torabi any playing time. IMO he is our best winger. I just hope he plays next game. I am confident he will be one of our best if he gets to play.
                    Every time I see people arguing about Cq player selection now it really just makes me chuckle

Comment

Why? Don't you think we played better against Spain compared to first match? Those couple changes CQ made I had in mind too and it made a big difference. Don't you think coaches make mistakes in the arrangements? Do you think we should just go with the names(Shojaei/Sardar/JB)? I think CQ would be wrong if he doesn't let Torabi/Ghoddoos play. Its my opinion and this forum is for everyone to express themselves. I am big a fan of Amiri but majority of people here used to roast him. Do you think few people like me who like him were wrong?

Every time I see people arguing about Cq player selection now it really just makes me chuckle
                      YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Whatever lineup Carlos Queiroz starts with - that is my ideal lineup.

Comment

Why? Don't you think we played better against Spain compared to first match? Those couple changes CQ made I had in mind too and it made a big difference. Don't you think coaches make mistakes in the arrangements? Do you think we should just go with the names(Shojaei/Sardar/JB)? I think CQ would be wrong if he doesn't let Torabi/Ghoddoos play. Its my opinion and this forum is for everyone to express themselves. I am big a fan of Amiri but majority of people here used to roast him. Do you think few people like me who like him were wrong?
                          And I was behind beira when the whole forum was shitting on him too, what does that mean? Nothing. Compared to CQ, we dont know much. We dont have access/knowledge of the statistics, training performance, tactical roles, game plan, etc to properly analyze what team should start and or not. Club football is different, you get to analyze players performances as fans for years and years and starting xi's become obvious. But for this international football, for teams like us, it is illogical for fans to think too much about starting xi's or decide for themselves who should play. There are so few matches for iran at this high of a level, obviously players that play for SS vs Peykan in a random league match, will have a totally different performance vs Portugal in a do or die match, when they are high on confidence and have been given 6 weeks of incredible CQ training.

Having said that, from what Ive seen, I think ghoddos has been very bright in his cameos, and could be a game changer on either wing, depending on fitness of players. But again, Ansarifard has been crucial in his workload and ability to cover our fullbacks, so depending on his energy levels he could very well start again. Dejagah also depending on fitness may play. But for wing positions, we already have Taremi, Ansarifard, ghoddos, Jahanbakhsh vying for basically two spots, so seeing torabi come in randomly would be a surprise, but not necessarily a bad one. But its unfair to say CQ must start him or else he doesnt know what hes doing. He has a much more intimate knowledge of each players strengths, weaknesses, and how to approach this crucial match than any of us will ever have, and he has proven time and again he knows what hes doing, so why not just trust him??

Comment

Good for you Tehranto!!! IMO his starting up lineup against Morocco was wrong and we were lucky we didn't lose 3-0. If you put your prejudice aside you would agree we were just lucky not losing that match and I am not sure if we now had 0 points out of two matches you would still proudly state what you stated. I am glad we were lucky as an Iranian and I am glad he corrected his mistakes but he still needs to make at least one change if we are looking to win against Portugal.
                            YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Good for you Tehranto!!! IMO his starting up lineup against Morocco was wrong and we were lucky we didn't lose 3-0. If you put your prejudice aside you would agree we were just lucky not losing that match and I am not sure if we now had 0 points out of two matches you would still proudly state what you stated. I am glad we were lucky as an Iranian and I am glad he corrected his mistakes but he still needs to make at least one change if we are looking to win against Portugal.
                              lucky we didnt lose 3-0. Really Mr. Analyst, name the three chances morocco had? There was only two! Goal mouth scramble in first half, beira save late in second half, besides that NOTHING. And we had one guilt edge azmoun chance, and another excellent chance for Karim, in addition to our late goal. So not really sure how morocco deserved to win 3-0. you have the right to your own opinion, but when you make statements that are factually incorrect, you deserve to be called out.

Comment

I generally agree with what you said and appreciate your comments and professionalism. But do you think whatever you [generally] correctly said (I am not going to repeat about coach's first hand knowledge and players condition) had changed in just couple days from match one to match two. No, I don't think so. He made mistakes in first match and he corrected couple of his mistakes in second match and we all saw the result.

And I was behind beira when the whole forum was shitting on him too, what does that mean? Nothing. Compared to CQ, we dont know much. We dont have access/knowledge of the statistics, training performance, tactical roles, game plan, etc to properly analyze what team should start and or not. Club football is different, you get to analyze players performances as fans for years and years and starting xi's become obvious. But for this international football, for teams like us, it is illogical for fans to think too much about starting xi's or decide for themselves who should play. There are so few matches for iran at this high of a level, obviously players that play for SS vs Peykan in a random league match, will have a totally different performance vs Portugal in a do or die match, when they are high on confidence and have been given 6 weeks of incredible CQ training.

Having said that, from what Ive seen, I think ghoddos has been very bright in his cameos, and could be a game changer on either wing, depending on fitness of players. But again, Ansarifard has been crucial in his workload and ability to cover our fullbacks, so depending on his energy levels he could very well start again. Dejagah also depending on fitness may play. But for wing positions, we already have Taremi, Ansarifard, ghoddos, Jahanbakhsh vying for basically two spots, so seeing torabi come in randomly would be a surprise, but not necessarily a bad one. But its unfair to say CQ must start him or else he doesnt know what hes doing. He has a much more intimate knowledge of each players strengths, weaknesses, and how to approach this crucial match than any of us will ever have, and he has proven time and again he knows what hes doing, so why not just trust him??
                                YAVARE HAMISHE MO'MEN

Comment

Working...
                                X