IRAN-SPAIN - Russia World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRAN-SPAIN - Russia World Cup 2018

Another World Cup, another heart-break for a valiant Team Melli.
    Another respectable, hard fought master-plan that caught the world by surprise. The word that was wetting their mouths for a goal-fest with western TV commentators trying to upstage each other with the number of goal the World & Euro champs are going to score on Iran.
    However, while the shock was evident in their faces at halftime at TM’s resolute tactical display, by the end of the game they all praised & admired our game, many of whom actually said Iran didn’t deserve to lose.

A lucky ricochet and an undeserved goal could never take away from TM’s brilliant display, be it when they were defending the 0-0 draw, or when fighting back to get the equalizer.
    Plenty of admirable performances by every player. But I’m sure Beiranvand holds a special place in everyone’s mind. Next to him, Amiri’s tireless running, Ebrahimi’s & Ezzatollahi’s gladiatorial display, Ansarifard & Taromi’s near misses against a team worth more than 1.5 Billion dollars are great highlights for all TM fans for years to come. TM made all of us proud.

A few notes:
    The game looked to have three distinct parts.
    1st half which seemed to go as scripted by mastermind, CQ, with a few half looks by TM at Spanish goal.
    2nd half which until the goal, which was looking slightly less imbalanced where Spaniards were getting frustrated.
    And post-goal, where we came out of our shell and showed our attacking prowess, which put the world champs under immense pressure, scored an offside goal and almost scored two more. So much that spain looked rattled.

FIRST HALF:

Taromi missed a golden, once in a lifetime chance by behaving in most amateurish way possible.
    He somehow finds himself behind the defense line, with the ball passed to him. He has the pace and space to attack the goal from the side of the box, with the closest defender at least 6-7 yards away . What does he do? Stands around and looks at the ref!!!!!
    Any semi-intelligent player would continue to play on and attack. IF at all the ref calls it, at the worst case your approach or even shot will not count. But what if the ref doesn’t call it? You could get gifted with a golden chance at scoring a goal.
    I’m not even bringing up the class of the opponent & the fact that the likes of him may never get a whiff at the Spanish goal ever in his lifetime again!
    So to call that as a missed opportunity is a monumental understatement.

Amiri has been wonderful in both his offensive & defensive duties. And a constant threat to the Spanish.
    Ezzatollahi has shown why he’s there in the starting line up. His break ups and interceptions, confidence with the ball and physical presence alongside the plucky & energetic Ebrahimi, has created a tough wall to crack.
    Even those balls that slipped through the cracks, PAG and especially the birthday boy, Hosseini have been stellar and flawless in dealing with them.

The only complain (aside from Taromi’s foolish amateurish chance) is the grass-rolling and feigning severe injuries when there are simple taps or stomps. Not nice at all. I wish we could do it in a more professional manner, if we HAVE TO.

SECOND HALF:

Spain’s goal may have been karma, for the gift Morocco gave us. Would I trade that one for this? Would you? I don’t know.
    Cant really hate on Rezaeian for this slight lapse in composure as he harried through his clearance. Just freak luck. Especially when he made up for this by selflessly sliding and blocking the ball that was going over our goal line later. I just cant help wonder what if he had angled his clearance or what if Ezzatollahi had blocked Iniesta’s pass or … ! Alas … .

But what I really enjoyed (aside from the heartbreak of that fluke goal) was when we opened up and attacked the world giant, with such gusto and determination that made them look hassled & shaken, with multiple occasions creating goal scoring threats that with slight luck, would have gone in. Ansarifard’s thunderous shot was fantastic and all it needed was a slight spin. Or Taromi’s header needed a slightly lower angle.
    Gave me some clues to my long standing question on what would CQ’s team do when fallen behind. I think we did well, but still scoring goals is another matter and we’d have to work on that.

Seeing CQ’s line up and subs, I am inclined to believe he has big plans for the Portugal game and has strategized our campaign more on that game than today’s. JB, Ghodoos, RGN, and even maybe Dejagah may play a far more important role in that game. Whatever his plans are, I know I am excited and cant wait to shock Portugal.

Good thread and I agree.
    Taremi’s missed opportunities I would forgive him based on lack of expereince and maybe surprise situations playing vs top players in the world.
    If I was ever lucky to play Maradona, I would beg him “please dribble me”, or if I ever meet Bruce Lee I would feel honored if he ever gives me a good beating!
    Jokes aside, Taremi ran a lot and was a constant threat. Next game he will do better.
    And CQ has some surprises for Portugal as you pointed out in the last paragraph..

All in all, they played honorable exactly what we wanted!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Thanks as always for your threads. I would add that:
      - Milad Mohammadi's performance was impressive.
      - Taremi's defensive display was quite formidable in the first half.
      The criticisms mentioned are rooted in the unprofessional environments that our players grow in. It's just embarrassing to witness how easily Taremi wasted his golden opportunity, or how Beiranvand and Rezaeeian were trying to play the ref.
      At the end of the day, this performance was nothing short of a win in my opinion. We now have the confidence to face literally any team in the world without the slightest fear.
      Hats off the the king and his team.

We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to the Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
      X