No announcement yet.

Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO. It took a brazilians knee to defeat us. I would be embarassed as a spaniard... we could have scored too with a brazilian forward.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
      Perhaps physically it might've been beyond us to do that the whole match. But I also think there's the concept of resting on the ball. The mental fatigue of constantly defending at that level is enormous.

Also, we managed to do it for 35 mins perfectly well and we both know that they would have continued to defend that deep until the 85th minute if we were still 0-0. Even if we needed a win. We did the same against Nigeria last WC, and Morocco this WC. Ultimately, it's defeatist to be that respectful to the opposition. We are better than we clearly give ourselves credit for!

Finally, I also think Spain are not the type of team to sit back and be happy with a 1-0 win. I honestly think they were rattled by us rather than sitting back on purpose.
      well, we'll see with the game against Portugal. It's a must-win for us and a tie would be enough for them, so I expect a more offensive game by us. We did the same against Bosnia 4 years ago, and the outcome was ofcourse not pretty.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

My problem with this team in this game is our forwards are not doing their jobs or not doing it properly at all. Look at Azmoun he was non existent the whole game, look at how many times Ansarifard messed up and how many times his shots were not on target. In the final game if I was Carlos I would start someone else like Kaveh Rezeai, or Reza Guccinejad instead of Ansarifard and Azamoun they mess up too much!.

Comment

I hope our players can recover form this loss. By the way they played after conceding against Spain I am sure they can. But a win against Portugal is possible, however dangerous Ronaldo is. I feel so gutted right now b
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
            My problem with this team in this game is our forwards are not doing their jobs or not doing it properly at all. Look at Azmoun he was non existent the whole game, look at how many times Ansarifard messed up and how many times his shots were not on target. In the final game if I was Carlos I would start someone else like Kaveh Rezeai, or Reza Guccinejad instead of Ansarifard and Azamoun they mess up too much!.
            Our forwards would get possession of the ball in midfield, and then be surrounded by 3 defenders. Not much you can do when that's our style of play.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Whats up with everyone beeing happy ?

We lost the match already, no diffrence between 1-0 and 3-0 so why dont you bring in your strikers and change the system ? you want to leave the world cup by beeing proud of only losing 1-0 ? Jahanbakhsh, Ghuchanejad, Dejagah, Torabi so many players who could come in earlier.

Also whats up with beeing proud about Iran defending with 10 men ? Of course after you concede one single goal the game is finished, i totally disagree with most people here, players fight hard but seriously do you want to win or lose by 1 goal and be proud.

Why do you bring Ghoddos in the 87th ? Why not 60, 65 ? Why not a third offensiv player when you already lost ?

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                Whats up with everyone beeing happy ?

We lost the match already, no diffrence between 1-0 and 3-0 so why dont you bring in your strikers and change the system ? you want to leave the world cup by beeing proud of only losing 1-0 ? Jahanbakhsh, Ghuchanejad, Dejagah, Torabi so many players who could come in earlier.

Also whats up with beeing proud about Iran defending with 10 men ? Of course after you concede one single goal the game is finished, i totally disagree with most people here, players fight hard but seriously do you want to win or lose by 1 goal and be proud.

Why do you bring Ghoddos in the 87th ? Why not 60, 65 ? Why not a third offensiv player when you already lost ?
                Because I don't want to see Iran lose 8-0 or 5-0 and be the laughing stock of the WC. This is not your Sunday league, you play your opponents game style you will get screwed. KSA played "beautiful" football and look how Russia steamrolled them. This is Spain you are talking about.

Comment

My man Mohammadi I love you and all bro, but we are going to get roasted for throw-in for awhile my man

Comment

CQ won’t go with all guns blazing even though it’s a Must Win game, that would hand the field over to a certain Ronaldo, he will seat deap for the first 20 minutes and diffuse Ronaldo before the team steps up.
                    Gucci is a must. This time around we have depth in reserves, hopefully Dejagah, Ghodos getting a full game, Torabi, Mimo, Montazeri. CQ can call fresh legs- he didn’t have that luxury in 2014.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      My man Mohammadi I love you and all bro, but we are going to get roasted for throw-in for awhile my man
                      Lol actually I think it was really funny but in an innocent way.. it's not that much of a big deal.

Comment

A lot of the kids on here don't get football: Azmoun was excellent. His one-touch plays for counters were fantastic, and he held up the ball like a boss. He had a bloody hard assignment surrounded by three to four Spanish defenders for most of the match.
                        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                            well, we'll see with the game against Portugal. It's a must-win for us and a tie would be enough for them, so I expect a more offensive game by us. We did the same against Bosnia 4 years ago, and the outcome was ofcourse not pretty.
                            It’s a different situation this time round.

4 years ago we played the same team every game and were gassed. I’m hoping Ebrahimi, Hajsafi etc are not too tired out. We’ve got a much better squad of players too and they’ve been coached for 4 more years by CQ and are far more capable of playing swift counterattacking football now

Plus Bosnia were a far better side than Nigeria. We always should’ve gone for the win in the last 20 of that first match.

Again, I’m not saying we should open up and go hung ho from the start. All we need to do is press 15 yards higher when we don’t have the ball. This gives us runners and an outlet when we win it back

Comment

Originally posted by siz View Post
                              Azmoun played well imo, he defended for 60 minutes, lone striker, held the ball a couple times waiting for players, pressed, had a few headers that he tap forward. Azmoun played well with what he was given imo.
                              he did alright, bit better than last game... but still way too sholowell ...!! for all his narekhar size, he couldn't hold the damn ball up for shittt nor dribble past his first marker, just walking casually about the midfield waiting for a gift pass to fall to him with no-one to beat I guess..!!
                              couldnt even put proper defensive pressure or pressing on the opponent and every time someone put a body on him, he dived and lengesho gereft mese soosoola..!! im so freaking disappointed in him ...!!
                              if he can't get hyped for such a game and get fking stuck-in and play with a little bit of gheyrat, then I don't know when dafaque is he going to..??
                              the only thing he is good for anymore has been to provide us with a tall target to send high balls to or to help defend on set pieces and corners..!!

unfortunately his piss-poor club form seem to be continuing...! perhaps he needs to be nailed to the bench for a while ..... until he realize he can't just stroll about the pitch and still hope to get a fking goal at WC...!!
                              we need to play Saman and/or Reza or just move Taremi to CF and line-up Saman and ARJ down the wings..!!

AND if I see fking useless Karim starting again vs Portugal, I'd just fking throw up..!!

CQ disappointed me a bit today with his Overly defensive posture ...... when he saw Spain purring 10 man in our half of the damn pitch he shoulda had the balls to test them out with a counter or a more balanced approach, so they can respect our attacking potential and give their backline something to be fearful of .... a la Morocco ..!! he pulled Waaaay too many back to defend and we defended WAAAY too deep in this game so a deflected goal was inevitable and only a zealous effort from few of our boys kept them at bay for so long..!! along with Spain passing it bit too much around instead of taking more frequent shots and have a few balls ping pong its way in...!!

we needed a fking Win, a tie even wasn't gonna do us any good.... and we sure as shittt have offensive teeth when we approach with a bit more balanced tactics....!! I guess as always CQ was just hoping to keep them at bay and for yet another miraculous, lucky goal..!! or was it that he didn't want to get us loose big ?? and yet happy again with loosing a narrow game ??

or may be its that im awful pissed and drunk and tired and should just go to bed ....!! ?

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
                                Yes I had expected much more from this year forwards like Azmoun they call him the Messi. But even in tonights game he did not do allot I even not see him.

I am hoping for Monday we can suprise the world and I know only a WIN would mean we go to the last 16! We already made history against Morocco winning 1:0 and Spain we played very well with the goal that wad denieded otherwise 1:1. So fare it has been a great World Cup for us and let's hope we WIN on Monday against Portugal, but I am know it will be difficult task ahead of us. I hope CQ takes some risks and go for full attacking

Comment

Working...
                                X