No announcement yet.

Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were training the chinese team for 7 years and then had to face TM, who would you want to win deep down>?

Comment

Just think what Carlos can do now that he will have a good crop in Europe for 4 more years. The likes of Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Gholilzadeh, Noorafkan, Ezzatolahi, Rezaei, MilMo, and Shekari will be immense. Not to mention possible moves/improvements for Hosseini, Beiranvand, Abedzadeh, PAG, Shariati, Delfi, Taremi, etc.

We did great today, now we need to focus on Portugal

Comment

First off, dame bacheha garm. They played amazing in front of Spain and earned their respect.
        Ezzatollahi was by far our best player today. Did everything on defense and made some clutch passes.
        Taremi, Amiri, and Omid Ebrahimi were great too. Majid Hosseini is the future CB for TM.

Going forward, Karim or Sardar need to be dropped. This duo isn’t cutting it. Idk why he can’t start Ghoddos or Dejagah

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          If we would have played the way we did the last 30 minutes the entire game we would have gotten scored on 3 times at least. We were playing more open and up tempo as a result of Spain starting to sit back a bit.
          I doubt it. They were still attacking in the last 30 minutes but failed to score.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
            extremely proud of the boys today

Biervanand - made some huge saves, if I'm a club in the big 4 leagues, i want this guy

Amiri - just wow

Ansarifard - toff. i cannot believe how many golden opportunities this guy is gonna waste for us

Taremi played really well defensively, should have capitalized

MiMo - played exceptional, i don't know wtf he was doing on that throw in, but he played well coming in as a sub

Hosseini - only his third cap, had i known any better i could have sworn that the Hosseini on the field was S. Jalal

PAG - guy is a machine

Ramin - did really well, can't blame him for that goal

Ezza and Omid - wow just wow unbelievable tandem

Sardar - didn't know casper the ghost played football

Hajsafi - excellent

AJB and Ghoddos - smh that they warm the bench

going forward AB and Ghoddos need to start. the poor fucking guy hasn't even played 20 minutes. we need him desperately. portugal is a must win game now

------------------Beiro----------------
            ----Ramin--Hossieni---PAG--MiMo----
            --------Ezza-------------Omid-------
            -----AJB-------Ghoddos--------Amiri-----
            ------------------Gucci-----------------

given that Hajsafi is injured

i feel its time to give Gucci some playing time, Azmoun hasn't been convincing and he missed a golden opportunity vs morocco. same with Karim, he has had two for sure goals this tournament and hasn't capitalized. its time for Gucci to do what he does best for us. If Ashkan is fit and we need a goal, i wouldn't mind seeing him come on for last 15 minutes. sub him for Amiri and have Ghoddos move to the wing

preach on!!!
            "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              The last 30+ minutes was even. Before that it was all Spain with us just kicking the ball aimlessly as far as we could every time they lost the ball. It's a shame because afterwards we showed we could match them.
              True, if all you want to do is defend with 10 men, there is a big chance you get scored on, even if it's an unlucky goal like this. Situations like this will occur and with some bad luck will end up in a goal.

Still overal, we almost had the same amount of chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                Are we not going to talk about the last throw in?
                the last throw in deserves its own thread IMO

Comment

I've posted this stuff in the game thread but tonight we were so unlucky, Spains goal was down to luck, I can't remember them having a clear chance at all. The tactics to frustrate them was perfect and it worked , when we went behind we were the better team after. We played some lovely football at times , and if we do the same to the Portuguese they will get very easily frustrated and angry and cause fouls and play wrong balls.
                  Ezzatollahi was immense tonight, my word he is a very good football player , he controlled the centre. Isco was awesome against Portugal and tonight we made people forget he was on the pitch.
                  It will be interesting to see how we set up against Portugal as they like to sit back and hit on the counter and we need to go for the win. But I trust in Carlos and our players, all my English friends after tonight also think we will beat Portugal. Come onnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                    If you were training the chinese team for 7 years and then had to face TM, who would you want to win deep down>?
                    CQ has a chip on his shoulder since he was fired by Portugal before becoming our savior. deep down in his heart he's trying to prove the whole damn portugal wrong. idk about you guys but CQ is one of us. he's irooni
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      I disagree. There was the double save by Beiranvand. The shot from inside the box that went over the bar. The clse range shot that Rezaian blocked. The goalmouth scramble, etc.
                      still a draw would have been a fair result IMO.
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Everyone of them were great, I jut hoped he would sub out sardar and asnsarifard earlier. Losing hajsafi made us lose a vital sub.

I look forward to the next game, this team deserves to advance.
                        United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Amazing performances by the boys when you consider the opponent, and that we kept them bottled up until that lucky bounce off Costa.
                          Nothing to be ashamed of, and to contrary I'm very much proud of the effort.

Now as far as what this means toward the next game. Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better about not getting the tie, but it seems that tie very loss in Spain match really doesn't matter much at all. We were always going to have to beat Portugal to go through at the end of todays results.

Had we tied Spain, we'd be on 5 points with another tie against Portugal, who would also end up with 5 points.
                          Our goal differential would also be exactly the same, +1.
                          The next tie break would be total goals scored, and Portugal is now and would remain ahead by 2. And they would go through ahead of us (same with Spain even if they tie Morocco in their final match).
                          So lose or tie against Spain today, only way we are getting through is by beating Portugal.

Comment

Apart from the ridiculous throw, Milad was exceptional coming on and his defensive display especially his pinpoint heading (which I believe people don't appreciate) was flawless. I really hope he starts against Portugal

Comment

"WTF was this game we played shit today ! CQ is shit ! he should've invited Seyed jalal and voria instead of cheshmi and ramin ! IF we had them we wouldn't concede 4 goals against spain and Portugal !" <<< All the haters on Esteghlal Instagram fan page are still talking shit !

Shame on you if had doubt in Sir Carlos Queiroz ! What an outstanding performance by our boys ! Only CQ can manage a team like this to play against world and european champion ! 7 - 8 of Spain players have over 100 caps , have won world cup and european and club championships! We totally destroyed their plan! Please extend Carlos contract to infinite years !

Comment

queiroz said in post match interview that member of staff has gone to hospital because of something that happened after the disallowed goal, any news on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X