No announcement yet.

Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we not going to talk about the last throw in?

Comment

We painted a good picture that we can do more than park the bus, I hope this result doesn't affect our players mentality like the Argentina one where we ended up falling to Bosnia

Ezza really upped his stock in this game imo, had 78% passing, 100% dribbling, 5 clearances, 2 blocked shots, 3 interceptions, and 1 tackle. He was our midfield engine and I could see him lamenting his place there for the next 10 years. He's definitely heading to the big leagues soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
        A display we can be proud of. One of the best teams in the world needed a lucky/deflection/pinball type goal to beat us.

Taremi should have equalized with his late header.

Its such a shame that Spain and Portugal drew in their opening match. Them splitting the points was the worst result possible. Because of that we now need to go for broke against Portugal and I genuinely believe we have a shot at beating them, Morocco dominated them and really should have beaten them.
        you needed Ali Daie to put the ball in the back of the net with that header Taremi sent over the bar.

Comment

Azmoun played well imo, he defended for 60 minutes, lone striker, held the ball a couple times waiting for players, pressed, had a few headers that he tap forward. Azmoun played well with what he was given imo.

Comment

I don't really ever comment, but I feel so empty right now, the boys deserved a draw, Carlos has got to be given a 4 year contract extension, and as much as i love sardar, I need some edge upfront against Portugal, like the wittiness of gucci or even put Saman upfront, I believe we have the power to beat them after seeing how morocco played against them, and the quality we showed today.

Comment

just imagine if Carlos had his players when he wanted to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by no_id93021 View Post
                We don’t see the same match I think and if he was involved in every chance, it’s not in positive way, Amiri was involved in every chance we had, he was our best player tonight even french TV talk about it !
                I agree. Azmoon was better today but still a level below the rest of the team in terms of effort. This is now 2 games in a row. [/I]

Comment

this whole world cup performance by IRAN should also serve as a lesson for all those who second doubted CQ. EVERY DECION HE HAS MADE BEEN SPOT ON.

Comment

If and only if Iran could have played a couple of friendliest against the likes of Italy and Netherland, they would have had enough experience to at least draw against Spain.

With all their hoffs and poffs- Iran had the better chances in the second half.

Sorry, Spanish are great technical and tactical players but with 2000 short passes for me, it’s like watching the paint dry!

I’m not saying we played pretty when we were parking the bus but when we countered and connected we were exciting to watch
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Why was Ansarifard subbed out instead of Azmoun? I really don't get it, why?

Oh, and that last throw by Mohammadi
                      Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

extremely proud of the boys today

Biervanand - made some huge saves, if I'm a club in the big 4 leagues, i want this guy

Amiri - just wow

Ansarifard - toff. i cannot believe how many golden opportunities this guy is gonna waste for us

Taremi played really well defensively, should have capitalized

MiMo - played exceptional, i don't know wtf he was doing on that throw in, but he played well coming in as a sub

Hosseini - only his third cap, had i known any better i could have sworn that the Hosseini on the field was S. Jalal

PAG - guy is a machine

Ramin - did really well, can't blame him for that goal

Ezza and Omid - wow just wow unbelievable tandem

Sardar - didn't know casper the ghost played football

Hajsafi - excellent

AJB and Ghoddos - smh that they warm the bench

going forward AB and Ghoddos need to start. the poor fucking guy hasn't even played 20 minutes. we need him desperately. portugal is a must win game now

------------------Beiro----------------
                        ----Ramin--Hossieni---PAG--MiMo----
                        --------Ezza-------------Omid-------
                        -----AJB-------Ghoddos--------Amiri-----
                        ------------------Gucci-----------------

given that Hajsafi is injured

i feel its time to give Gucci some playing time, Azmoun hasn't been convincing and he missed a golden opportunity vs morocco. same with Karim, he has had two for sure goals this tournament and hasn't capitalized. its time for Gucci to do what he does best for us. If Ashkan is fit and we need a goal, i wouldn't mind seeing him come on for last 15 minutes. sub him for Amiri and have Ghoddos move to the wing
                        SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                          Are we not going to talk about the last throw in?
                          allow that nonsense man don't remind me, that and the rezaeian rolls in the last game are two of the worst things which no one should mention ever again.

Comment

IRAN WORLDD CUP JUST STARTED

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              The last 30+ minutes was even. Before that it was all Spain with us just kicking the ball aimlessly as far as we could every time they lost the ball. It's a shame because afterwards we showed we could match them.
                              If we would have played the way we did the last 30 minutes the entire game we would have gotten scored on 3 times at least. We were playing more open and up tempo as a result of Spain starting to sit back a bit.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I was SO SO wrong about Amiri. What a beast! Easily our best player this WC. Saeid had a strong presence. Let's also give it up to our CBs. I have a feeling La Liga may be calling some of our guys soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X