Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    This website has done a tactical analysis of the game . I like how in depth it goes , obviously not all there to be agreed with but a good read.

https://footballbh.net/2020/06/01/fi...lysis-tactics/
    this is great. I saw a similar tactical camera video but on the iran morocco thread

Comment

I went back and read a lot of these interviews and I just couldn’t help but laugh.

I don’t understand how a nation like Spain should be complaining so much considering how high up the ladder they are in football. They have La Liga, one of the best leagues in the world. Definitely one of 3 best futbol leagues, and in their bad years always in the top 5 best leagues on the planet.

So these guys, with the infrastructure of their football, with all of their talent, with their league, with all of their accomplishments for España complained because Iran was defending for 60 minutes of the match.

So let me get this straight 🤔 a team is not supposed to have a plan before a World Cup match? A tournament that comes around once every 4 years.

I think these players forgot about the last 25 minutes of the match where they didn’t know how to mark their man correctly. They couldn’t mark Taremi, they couldn’t catch Amiri, they were a confused mess.

The fact that they are complaining when they didn’t study Iran well enough to know Team Melli is a defensive and counter attacking side. Facing teams like Spain, who they’re not as familiar with (because of sanctions and not having the money to pay to play these guys), who they’re going to have to play in the group stage of a tournament Spain has won, of course they’re going to use whatever tools they have at their disposal.

I think instead of bitching 2 years ago, they should’ve projected their insecurities at their previous coach (at the time) who abandoned their team and leaving their confused and disorganized side to stay bye bye in penalty shootouts. Should a bit more grounded as the superstars they are.

Lol this is all for fun, but I felt the need to express my opinion on the illogical nature in some of their interviews after our match.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Good review of our play in Iran-Spain - specifically regarding running and Eztaollahi:
        God, I miss CQ!!!

Why as a nation we have to always shoot ourselves in the foot?!!! So unnecessary!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Good review of our play in Iran-Spain - specifically regarding running and Eztaollahi:

Just watched this video, made me sad af

what is this guy doing in eupen on the bench........
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Ezatollahi has to be very careful. In terms of talent I think he has even more potential than Taremi, but he doesn't seem to have any decent advice/connections around him.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
              twitter.com/GolBezan
              instagram.com/GolBezan
              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Crazy to think that was 4 years ago. Time truly flies by.
                But man what great times for Team Melli.. We gave Spain a huge run for their money.. Had 5 or so really strong goal scoring opportunities and defended brilliantly against them besides one lucky goal for them.
                Team Melli's respect was really showcased in that WC. Really scared all that respect will be thrown out come this WC.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                  Crazy to think that was 4 years ago. Time truly flies by.
                  But man what great times for Team Melli.. We gave Spain a huge run for their money.. Had 5 or so really strong goal scoring opportunities and defended brilliantly against them besides one lucky goal for them.
                  Team Melli's respect was really showcased in that WC. Really scared all that respect will be thrown out come this WC.
                  Anything from a rosy colored lenses looks good. Stats suggest otherwise. No shots on Target. We also had the ball less than 20 minutes entire 90 min match.Screenshot_20220620-120026_Chrome.jpg

And who can forget this? Called worst throw in all time! Yadesh bekheir we went to lose aberoomandaneh instead of trying to win.
                  https://youtu.be/X2-9n2OuXyM

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                    Anything from a rosy colored lenses looks good. Stats suggest otherwise. No shots on Target. We also had the ball less than 20 minutes entire 90 min match.
                    You don't operate in the realms of reality, dude.

It's so frustrating going in circles again and again and again....

Comment

Anything from a rosy colored lenses looks good. Stats suggest otherwise. No shots on Target. We also had the ball less than 20 minutes entire 90 min match.[ATTACH]19159[/ATTACH]

And who can forget this? Called worst throw in all time! Yadesh bekheir we went to lose aberoomandaneh instead of trying to win.

Comment

Anything from a rosy colored lenses looks good. Stats suggest otherwise. No shots on Target. We also had the ball less than 20 minutes entire 90 min match.[ATTACH]19159[/ATTACH]

Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth either.

You must read between the lines.

We had very little possession - This is the name of the game under Carlos Querioz. He does this on purpose and it worked very well considering we only lost due to a pure lucky deflection and easily could have earned a piont from this match.

No shots on target - well this can happen when you don't have much possession, and the couple of good chances you have, barely miss the target. It's not like this stat means we didn't have great chances that we barely missed, like Taremi's header, Ansarifards good shot hit side netting, Ezzatolahi's goal called back, Taremi in the box early on in the match with tons of space but thought he was offside - these are all dangerous opportunities created by us, even if they didn't end with shots on target.

lol and a throw in? - I won't even comment on that as it's not relevant to whether we did well vs Spain under CQ, etc. with all due respect!

I understand where you're coming from with the stats not "looking great" - I will always argue that the stats DO NOT necessarily tell the WHOLE truth when it comes to how well a team played in a football match.

I'll always say you Gotta read between the lines.

Comment

Yikes. And people want this back? And this is supposed to be one of our better games LOL. 216 passes! is this not bekesh ziresh football?! where are the people who claim CQ had tactics and Skocic is bekesh ziresh. I would love to see the iran vs Nigeria stats. I remember this was known as one of the worst games in world cup history with a very low amount of pass completion. Of course CQ insisted after the game that the whole world now respects Iran even though there was boos.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            You don't operate in the realms of reality, dude.

It's so frustrating going in circles again and again and again....

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                              Yikes. And people want this back? And this is supposed to be one of our better games LOL. 216 passes! is this not bekesh ziresh football?! where are the people who claim CQ had tactics and Skocic is bekesh ziresh. I would love to see the iran vs Nigeria stats. I remember this was known as one of the worst games in world cup history with a very low amount of pass completion. Of course CQ insisted after the game that the whole world now respects Iran even though there was boos.

I would prefer that than getting embarrassed by Algeria's B-Team.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                                Under CQ, we almost beat the likes of Argentina, Spain, and Portugal and put those 3 teams in great danger and under pressure! Those are Pot 1 level teams! I don't care about no stats.
                                Under Skokic, we can't even manage to beat Algeria's B squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X