No announcement yet.

Iran vs Spain [Post-match discssion]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm usually not a fan of conspiracy theories, but I'm with those who fear FIFA more than Portugal right now. Messi looks to be out of the tournament at this point. In a World Cup where Italy and Netherlands are already absent and Germany, Spain and Brazil are underperforming, losing both Messi and Ronaldo before the knockout rounds even start would be too much for FIFA.

I'm absolutely convinced we can beat Portugal even if Ronaldo manages to score, but I'm preparing for a heartbreak.

Comment

Before the worldcup I wrote somewhere in footbalitarin that our most dangerous player is Taremi. But I am also positively surprised by Vahid Amiri. I just don't understand why CQ pulls him out 2 min after that excellent "Laei". If Taremis header went to the goal Iran had humilated Spain badly. Right now I just can't figure out who should play against Portogal and we deserve to go to next round and we have so many good players. Without doubt there are politicians who don't want to see Iran would makes it to next round. Nike case for example.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
        Yes I did sir. If you are referring to Groups B, D and G which Spain, Italy and Portugal did not make it out of the group stage respectively, none of those teams were eliminated for an underdog/pariah state. FIFA will do whatever in their power not to let their golden teams like Portugal and Spain get eliminated unless its by other "likable" teams. They would love to see Iceland advance at the price of Argentina getting eliminated, cause that will create a fairy tale that majority of the western world "fans" can root for, but can't have our dear TM advance and leave Spain out.
        Or it could be the teams that advance are just stronger and/or playing better.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Oh really? Gulf of Mexico is not a Gulf? Gulf of Tonkin is not a Gulf? Use the correct name. Has nothing to do with being secure or insecure.
          LOL. Judging from the aggressive tone of your post and the ridiculous suggestion that the phrase "Gulf Arabs" could possibly refer to the Gulf of Mexico or Gulf of Tonkin you may have bigger issues than being insecure!

But even funnier was that you not only missed the reasoning behind the use of the phrase "Gulf Arabs" you are so reactive that you actually missed the polite sarcasm in my reply to you.

So, let me spell it out for you: the non-use of the word "Persian" in front of the word "Gulf" is always intentional in order not to preclude the inclusion of Oman because it does not border the Persian Gulf... so "Gulf Arabs" refers to both the Arab countries that surround the Persian Gulf and Oman which sits on the neighboring Gulf of Oman that together with the Persian Gulf forms a continuous and larger, albeit unnamed "Gulf".
          Last edited by Bi-honar; 06-22-2018, 05:01 AM.

Comment

I hope the boys learn - never root for Real Madrid. I am annoyed at their clip a few weeks ago celebrating their Champions League title.

Comment

You are both fighting over your own position and do not want to back off and let it go. But in all honesty Gulf Arabs could also mean Arab individuals or nations from Gulf of Aden or Gulf of Aqaba, so I think Persian Gulf Arabs or as they like to think of themselves A***ian Edit - Please do not use that term in full - Amin Gulf (does not exist) Arabs is a valid more proper term.
              Last edited by Amin_; 06-25-2018, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                LOL. Judging from the aggressive tone of your post and the ridiculous suggestion that the phrase "Gulf Arabs" could possibly refer to the Gulf of Mexico or Gulf of Tonkin you may have bigger issues than being insecure!

But even funnier was that you not only missed the reasoning behind the use of the phrase "Gulf Arabs" you are so reactive that you actually missed the polite sarcasm in my reply to you.

So, let me spell it out for you: the non-use of the word "Persian" in front of the word "Gulf" is always intentional in order not to preclude the inclusion of Oman because it does not border the Persian Gulf... so "Gulf Arabs" refers to both the Arab countries that surround the Persian Gulf and Oman which sits on the neighboring Gulf of Oman that together with the Persian Gulf forms a continuous and larger, albeit unnamed "Gulf".
                There is nothing aggressive about my post. Your incorrect use of the Persian Gulf name stood out and I wanted to correct it. I do that to anybody.

Including Oman has nothing to do with it. This is where it started:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Arabism

Keep using the wrong name and if I see it I’ll correct it for you. Has nothing to do with sarcasm or being aggressive. I don’t want the name Persian Gulf get banished to the history books and forgotten.

Comment

There is nothing aggressive about my post. Your incorrect use of the Persian Gulf name stood out and I wanted to correct it. I do that to anybody.

Keep using the wrong name and if I see it I’ll correct it for you. Has nothing to do with sarcasm or being aggressive. I don’t want the name Persian Gulf get banished to the history books and forgotten.
                  Trying to teach people how to talk and what to say is considered pretty aggressive in most civilized societies although I accept that living in a country where people openly carry guns or throw children in cages, we will have different standards for what is considered aggressive!

And thank you for teaching me about Pan-Arabism through a Wiki link - I had not heard of it before!!!

I believe my explanation was simple enough for any educated or intelligent person to comprehend, so if you didn't understand it or choose to be ignorant or arrogant enough to call it "wrong" and feeling the need to "correct it", you're only displaying your level of...

But then again, that boat had already sailed, hadn't it, when you suggested people on an Iranian football forum could actually think that the phrase "Gulf Arabs" could refer to the Arab countries surrounding the Gulf of Mexico!!!
                  Last edited by Bi-honar; 06-22-2018, 08:51 AM.

Comment

you're the reason why I wish there was an ignore button here .

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                      you're the reason why I wish there was an ignore button here .
                      You must not be internet savvy. There is an ignore list. Go to your settings page, on the left side bar you can edit ignore list, add my screen name to it and voila, I am on the ignore list. Enjoy.

I got a bunch of people on there. You'll be added to it shortly.

Comment

You must not be internet savvy. There is an ignore list. Go to your settings page, on the left side bar you can edit ignore list, add my screen name to it and voila, I am on the ignore list. Enjoy.

I got a bunch of people on there. You'll be added to it shortly.
                        sweet thanks! This forum is straight out of 1985 so... a bit clunky.

Comment

Sorry for the late post but my signup has only just been approved after days (never had such an incredibly long process, wow! thanks anyway )...

Anyway just wanted to say I think that whilst Spain were the better team (in fact one of the best in the world and they may win it!) and they on balance deserved the win, in my opinion we created far better chances and their goal was somewhat lucky.

We truly made them look normal.

Comment

Good review of our play in Iran-Spain - specifically regarding running and Eztaollahi:

Comment

This was exactly one year ago

Comment

This website has done a tactical analysis of the game . I like how in depth it goes , obviously not all there to be agreed with but a good read.

https://footballbh.net/2020/06/01/fi...lysis-tactics/

Comment

Working...
                                X