Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US, Canada, Mexico will host World Cup 2026!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    I hate this on so many different levels.

1- Only group stage games will be played in Mexico and Canada.
    2- 3 countries automatically qualifying is pretty lame (especially Canada).
    3- مرگ بر آمریکا
    4- Travel distance between the 3 countries sucks. ( I know Russia is big, but all of the games are played western Russia ).
    Death to America? Really? You sound like a typical unintelligent IR fan. Buzz off!

Comment

The Americas bid promised £4 billion extra for the other federations.

Bribery still rife in FIFA, they're just open about it now.

I didn't like either bid.

Comment

Originally posted by iraniiii View Post
        Death to America? Really? You sound like a typical unintelligent IR fan. Buzz off!
        Unfortunate.

Comment

They should have let China host it! smh

Comment

I get the emotion (or do I?.....) but the only alternative was Morocco which at the moment doesn't have a single stadium (nor the infrastructure) that complies with the requirements of a World Cup stadium.

So you have to ask yourself why the 60+ votes go to Morocco.

And we already had a WC in Africa recently and didn't have one in North America for a while. FIFA wants to rotate the continents every 4 years.

Don't forget that hosting the WC cost the country a lot more money than it brings in (FIFA takes all the revenues and it's tax free for them). So a country like Morocco could perhaps spend the money on it's people instead of giving it to FIFA.

Comment

Will are three get an automatic qualification for the finals ?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                I get the emotion (or do I?.....) but the only alternative was Morocco which at the moment doesn't have a single stadium (nor the infrastructure) that complies with the requirements of a World Cup stadium.

And we already had a WC in Africa recently and didn't have one in North America for a while. FIFA wants to rotate the continents every 4 years.

Don't forget that hosting the WC cost the country a lot more money than it brings in (FIFA takes all the revenues and it's tax free for them). So a country like Morocco could perhaps spend the money on it's people instead of giving it to FIFA.
                I agree!! Morocco has no business hosting the WC! We already have an Arab team hosting for 2022, thats more than enough.... I dont think any poor 3rd world country should be allowed to host WC. They just cant provide security or Infrastructure at this huge level. Right decision was made. Whoever is hating on that North America hosting it is just a pure hater and a cry baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                  Will are three get an automatic qualification for the finals ?
                  hmm, sounds a bit off...if they do, which spots are they going to reduce, or maybe it will be the 48-team WC by then, and it won't matter, since basically every nation with at least 3 soccer stadiums will "qualify".

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    hmm, sounds a bit off...if they do, which spots are they going to reduce, or maybe it will be the 48-team WC by then, and it won't matter, since basically every nation with at least 3 soccer stadiums will "qualify".
                    Oh yeah forgot it will be 48 teams qualification won't matter

Comment

I am of a strong opinion that for the 2030 World Cup to mark the 100 years of WC FIFA might let the whole continent play at the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post

dont have any stadium , sorry man your information in wrong, look at our stadium tou will see that there are better than iran, with all my resect

Comment

Originally posted by iraniiii View Post
                          I agree!! Morocco has no business hosting the WC! We already have an Arab team hosting for 2022, thats more than enough.... I dont think any poor 3rd world country should be allowed to host WC. They just cant provide security or Infrastructure at this huge level. Right decision was made. Whoever is hating on that North America hosting it is just a pure hater and a cry baby.
                          [B] We already have an Arab team hosting for 2022, thats more than enough[/B].... are you jealous, They just cant provide security or Infrastructure at this huge level , do you have any mind, do you ever visit morocco , so lease enought talking shit about my country

Comment

Originally posted by marouane View Post
                            dont have any stadium , sorry man your information in wrong, look at our stadium tou will see that there are better than iran, with all my resect
                            Iran is not biding to host the thing.

Comment

On the issue that wether a country is able enough to host the World Cup or not, it would be more fitting that if the Confederations Cup is used as a prerequisite rather than a reherseal for certain countries like Morocco,Australia etc

Comment

Originally posted by marouane View Post
                                [B] We already have an Arab team hosting for 2022, thats more than enough[/B].... are you jealous, They just cant provide security or Infrastructure at this huge level , do you have any mind, do you ever visit morocco , so lease enought talking shit about my country
                                Last thing we need is ISIS attack at WC event. No offense there.. Just speaking facts. Are you really comparing your country's Infrastructure and budget to US and Canada? If so do you really think you guys deserve it and have more budget to spend???

Comment

Working...
                                X