Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US, Canada, Mexico will host World Cup 2026!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    Corruption written all over this decision ! If you have any doubts then you are so naive !

why would fifa give it to countries that have hosted this before ! Both mexico and usa hosted world cup before!
    Because by having it in 3 countries, they have an excuse to bump it up to 48 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      you missed the point completely!!!! Lets say IRAN and US were allies today.
      But US has travel bans against other nations!

It goes against FIFA ethics to award a WC to a nation that bans fans!

If it wasn't US, but say Japan, then Japan would have lost the bid based on the fact that they restrict fans to travel to their country and watch WC! This is against FIFA doctrine!
      Ethics and fifa should not be used in the same sentence dear friend
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I wonder if losing this bid will affect the morale of the Moroccans on Friday. Hopefully it will.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Brb going bankrupt travelling between 3 countries.

Also 3rd Mexican WC and 2nd American one! Wtf? England better win the next European one.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
            Because by having it in 3 countries, they have an excuse to bump it up to 48 teams.
            No i personally think its about the money. Big companies located in USA and Canada. A lot more opportunity to make money ! Thats why i believe there is corruption in this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              No i personally think its about the money. Big companies located in USA and Canada. A lot more opportunity to make money ! Thats why i believe there is corruption in this decision.
              48 teams means way more money. More money from sponsors, TV contracts and viewership.

Fifa needed an excuse to move it up to 48 teams and now it has it.

Comment

Horrible decision. World Cup 2026 with 48 teams will be start of decline of popularity of the World Cup.
                It will never have the same prestige and love.
                Ruined just like the Olympics.

Also interesting how the Arab countries basically stabbed Morocco in the back and campaigned for the United bid...

Comment

Picking USA, Mexico and Canada's bid over Morocco is logical. Having more than 24 teams in a World Cup is stupid.
                  For the record this is the 2nd time Morocco has lost to the US.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Great news!!! We need to create PFDC group to go to the stadiums here in Toronto!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      I wonder if losing this bid will affect the morale of the Moroccans on Friday. Hopefully it will.
                      It will fire them up to bring some joy to the fans
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

So I assume iran will only play in Mexico and Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Horrible decision. World Cup 2026 with 48 teams will be start of decline of popularity of the World Cup.
                          It will never have the same prestige and love.
                          Ruined just like the Olympics.

Also interesting how the Arab countries basically stabbed Morocco in the back and campaigned for the United bid...
                          haha did you see that

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            as an american I can confirm this WC will suck.Also the expanded teams is a joke, Im sure it will so shitty they will switch it back after a couple times.
                            That is your opinion. I live in Washington DC area and im sure US will do great on hosting the games. THis is great news as many Iranians live in US/Canada. Also Asian having 8 teams then will guarantee Iran making it.

Comment

Boo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                                Poor decision. Morocco deserved it as they have been trying for decades.
                                You serious???? You want want crappy 3rd world country Arab Morocco to host over economical power houses like US/Canada and Mexico? This is cool cause all these nations have diverse cultures. Morroco can bid 50 more times and I don't see them winning it. You need billions invested in security, and Infrastructure to host WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X