A different perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different perspective

I haven´t written here since June 2009 (although I have been following as a reader obviously). My last post was the day we drew South Korea while Saudi drew NK in a result that enabled both to eventually advance at our expense. Not only was I miserable because we missed yet another chance of attending consecutive WCs, but there was something else that made it all so much more difficult.

I had recently landed a job in South Africa (and eventually ended up living in the region for almost 3 years). Can you guys imagine the pain of living there during the 2010 WC while TM was not present? I mean what were the odds that I would have moved from Sweden to SA for work anyways, and add to that the irony and bad luck that TM didn't manage to qualify that year. I even went to watch NK play Brazil in Rustenburg with some friends. It was supposed to be a fun trip but as you can imagine the feeling of "it should have been us" resulted in 90 minutes of further agony.

Now while writing my first post in almost 10 years, what I am trying to say is: ENJOY THE FACT THAT WE ARE HERE. WE MADE IT. And regardless of the results, we can sit back and enjoy our mere presence at this global stage!!

Good luck to all of us on Friday.

I opened this expecting negativity, but you're right, i'm so excited

Comment

We have a united team. So good things will happen to us.

Comment

Working...
      X