Iran Shatters France 7-0 in Blind Football World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Shatters France 7-0 in Blind Football World Cup

An inspiration to our WC team and to all Iranians around the world.

I ran’s national blind men football team thrashed France 7-0 in its group stage match at the Spain Blind Football World Cup on Sunday in Madrid.

Persian footballers pushed the French to their second loss of the tournament ending their hope to stay in the course of the cup, according to the results on the website of the event.

Sadeq Rahimi was the star of the game with a hat-trick. He scored three goals in the 16th, 35th, and 37th minutes. Hossein Rajabpour netted the ball twice for Iran in the 3rd and 12th minutes.

Behzad Zad-Aliasghari netted the ball twice as Rahimi. Behzad helped the team with two goals in the 12th and 20th minutes.

Iran shares Group B with Argentina, France and Columbia. This is the first time Iran is competing in the World Cup. In their first fixture, Iran lost 1-0 to Argentina in an intense match.

In the table of the group, Columbia with four points is on top and Argentina second with the same points due to goal difference. Iran with three points sits on the third place and France is at the bottom end zero points.

For the final match of the group stage Iran will line up against table-topper Columbia on June 12.

Now Iran is hopeful of moving to the quarterfinals as it can qualify from the group whether it wins against Columbia or shares points in a draw.

The Spanish Blind Sports Federation (FEDC) and National Organization of Spanish Blind People (ONCE) are hosting the event in Spain for the first time. The event is sponsored by the International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA).

The blind football games are underway in Madrid from June 7-17. For the first time in history, 16 national teams are participating. In the previous tournaments 8 to 12 teams attended.

https://financialtribune.com/article...ball-world-cup

I bet they didn't see that one coming

Comment

Iran rocks in beach football - became 3rd at last world cup.
      Iran rocks in futsal - became 3rd at last world cup.
      Iran's disabled are now entering the quarter finals at world cup.

This begs the question:
      When will these result be reflected in FIFA main World Cup?
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

At least we won something 😂

Comment

I think this around will be perfect to have that reflection that you are looking for

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            I bet they didn't see that one coming
            That was a bit insensitive but still funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              Iran rocks in beach football - became 3rd at last world cup.
              Iran rocks in futsal - became 3rd at last world cup.
              Iran's disabled are now entering the quarter finals at world cup.

This begs the question:
              When will these result be reflected in FIFA main World Cup?
              When other nations also stop caring about the normal football and don't invest in it. Cause that is more likely than us catching up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                When other nations also stop caring about the normal football and don't invest in it. Cause that is more likely than us catching up with them.
                I don't like to Ketchup with them, I prefer to Mustard them instead!
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

That was exactly what I proposed. Don't ketchup with them, rather let them mustard.

Comment

If god and goddess willing, this world cup will finally be the one that the rest of the world will remember the name of Iran for good.

Comment

IRAN

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
                        If god and goddess willing, this world cup will finally be the one that the rest of the world will remember the name of Iran for good.
                        I think god is pretty willing but goddess is yet to be convinced

Comment

We are superior. We always were.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X