Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Queiroz In or Carlos Queiroz Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    No comedy here. That 11.33% deeply offends and embarrases me as it should every self-respecting Iranian. Where's your facking internet mafia now, people?
    Yeah that 11% think good coach’s come and go every day for Team Melli to vote no.

A majority of them assume all Carlos knows is defense.

Now is not the time for a a reset button. Because if Carlos leaves, even if (IF) Aghajanian becomes our head coach it’ll still be a reset button.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Yeah that 11% think good coach’s come and go every day for Team Melli to vote no.

A majority of them assume all Carlos knows is defense.

Now is not the time for a a reset button. Because if Carlos leaves, even if (IF) Aghajanian becomes our head coach it’ll still be a reset button.
      Aghajanian?

Comment

I have a feeling that this will be CQ's last event for Iran, even though to my mind this is "stage 3" of a four stage project in terms of building a firm and future-proof infrastructure for Iran's national team.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/431...Carlos-Queiroz

I think in this instance, just too much sniping from various "crocodiles" will mean that he will be criticised for anything apart from bringing the trophy home. And I just can't see Saudi and UAE allowing us to be champions on their own turf. They will throw every single dirty trick they have.

Whatever happens, I'm proud of our team and its coach and something which has been built for the next generation. What he's done isn't as quantifiable as some of our members want but that's life - somethings you just can't put a number to.

Comment

There have been rumors in the media that Branko Ivankovic is the top candidate, if they go with an IPL coach after the AC.

Comment

Originally posted by ramendawg View Post
            Aghajanian?
            He’s our assistant coach. He’s been been by his side for a very long time (1 Asian Cup, 2 World Cups). Many think he will get approached for the head coach position once Carlos is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              At this stage my chant is "hey hey, ho ho, CQ has got to go..." There is something fundementally wrong when you can only win matches 1-0 regardless of who the opponent is...
              Unrealistic, and in any case not fundamentally wrong.

We aren't Japan or Korea - we aren't even Saudi Arabia. We aren't even Iraq. We are a pariah state which is sanctioned and for whom even payments and travel is difficult.

We have huge political, economic problems after 40 years. More than anything the psyche of our youngsters is very damaged.

Amongst all the other seeds that Queiroz planted to help our football, he gave us on-field discipline and players who are all playing for each other, no more deimi football, no more bezan ziresh. His siege mentality style helped protect the players psychologically, ultimately not even one of the world's best sports psychologists was enough for the Japan game, but we have to be honest and look at Japan's team, squad and league - after decades of investment they have more talent at every level than us. What Queiroz did to get us these 1-0 wins you are so upset about, imho, was miraculous.

It's just a case of being realistic, being pragmatic. And not living in some kind of fantasy world where we are still the most talented team in Asia. We are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                There have been rumors in the media that Branko Ivankovic is the top candidate, if they go with an IPL coach after the AC.
                If Wilmots goes, Branko will probably be approached first.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  We should and must beat Morroco, if we do that at least then I am all for CQ to stay another 4 years
                  But then: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...y-more-excuses

Comment

DR Strangemoosh doing the work of a hero in unearthing these threads.

Once we have a definitive list I'd like to progress to seeking personal IG accounts linked to these members and lightly harrasing them. Nothing serious like death threats or anything because we're not savages. Maybe just posting them pictures of our toilet bowl pre-flush or something just to make them realise what it was like having to endure reading their posts.

Cheers for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      DR Strangemoosh doing the work of a hero in unearthing these threads.

Once we have a definitive list I'd like to progress to seeking personal IG accounts linked to these members and lightly harrasing them. Nothing serious like death threats or anything because we're not savages. Maybe just posting them pictures of our toilet bowl pre-flush or something just to make them realise what it was like having to endure reading their posts.

Cheers for your support.
                      Thanks, agha.

My key point at the moment is that some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Not just fans but people directly involved in Iran's football. Otherwise we will keep suffering.

Our TM does not have as much talent as some people are convinced we have. We have one world class potential player (Azmoun) and a few other players who have shined for periods at a time and are certainly talented. But we do have a lot less talent than Japan and I would suggest a few other rival countries too. Compare this with before when we were head and shoulders above them in terms of the talent pool we could choose from.

And that is natural, our country is suffering for a multitude of reasons, and consistently, for decades.

What Queiroz did was build a team which was much more than the some of its parts.

Pundits in both Brazil and Russia were amazed at how well-drilled this TM was. Every single player was performing his role and playing for each other. We really looked like a harmonious team, for the first time in our football history, and with players many of whom were not at the same talent level as their predecessors.

Compare the depth of Morocco's squad, and how much European pedigree they have, with us. They didn't concede a goal in African qualifying. Beating them was nothing short of a miracle given how little top-level experience some of our players had. And yes, we were lucky.

But the point is that we did overachieve for the tools we had at our disposal. Now the people who I am referring to need to decide what they want. You and I know what is going to happen unless we have a cultural shift in our football, and in our politics.

Comment

Looks like he is still available...

Iraq deny the deal according to arab media:

https://tinyurl.com/ce4vs7fb

Comment

Man reminding myself of some of the posts from this thread...

Ali Daei:

Comment

CQ will never sign for Iraq, why should he ?

Also i would like to know why some kind of coaches dont get club offers ? Or do you think CQ also gets club offers ?

Comment

Any chance we can just get his views on things @Gol Bezan Not expecting him to become TM coach but might just shake things up, who knows

https://twitter.com/nextgenpod/statu...Sew2zXB9A&s=19

Watching Ukraine highlighted the value of a "well drilled club" performance, whatever the balance of the team is, and how much it helped our discipline especially defending counters and set pieces in 2018 having that instilled in the period before the WC started.

More than anything he would be pushing tooth and nail for good friendlies, not doing random drills in 45 degrees in Doha.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Any chance we can just get his views on things @Gol Bezan Not expecting him to become TM coach but might just shake things up, who knows

https://twitter.com/nextgenpod/statu...Sew2zXB9A&s=19

Watching Ukraine highlighted the value of a "well drilled club" performance, whatever the balance of the team is, and how much it helped our discipline especially defending counters and set pieces in 2018 having that instilled in the period before the WC started.

More than anything he would be pushing tooth and nail for good friendlies, not doing random drills in 45 degrees in Doha.
                                Yep. Who could forget the key friendlies against Orlando Pirates and Kaiser Chiefs reserves in S. Africa...at risk of being labelled a CQ hater for the umpteenth time let's call a spade a spade and be fair. Cq had some good and some questionable decisions as well.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X