Super Billboard in Toronto to wish Team Melli good luck in the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keano View Post
    Such a great picture. Hopefully at the end of the WC all these faces will be even happier with bigger smiles!

God Azmoun is so white. Looks as if his face was photoshopped and lightened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am this white. When I go to the beach some people think there is radioactive material in the water.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Mani View Post
      It’s actually fair use, not a commercial use. We are not selling anything. The sponsors can be removed or put on a separate billboard if needed.

I find it interesting that you were saying we weren’t serious etc and now you’re picking on something else. Just enjoy something good that your hamvatan is doing for Team Melli and don’t be like that. Be happy as an Iranian. The way you’re acting is why Iranians can never work together as a community.
      Actually I think he is working as a community, because he is telling you about a possible lawsuit which you could face. If you believe that you are OK under the fair use go ahead, but I still think there is a possibility that you could end up with legal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
        Actually I think he is working as a community, because he is telling you about a possible lawsuit which you could face. If you believe that you are OK under the fair use go ahead, but I still think there is a possibility that you could end up with legal issues.
        I disagree. He’s not being helpful , the way I feel, he’s just upset that he was proven wrong. Otherwise, what commercial use!? Are they selling shirts? Are they selling anything? It’s a decoration, which falls under fair use, and meant to promote Team Melli. They’re actually spending money, not gaining money.

Comment

So when's this going up?

Comment

I disagree. He’s not being helpful , the way I feel, he’s just upset that he was proven wrong. Otherwise, what commercial use!? Are they selling shirts? Are they selling anything? It’s a decoration, which falls under fair use, and meant to promote Team Melli. They’re actually spending money, not gaining money.
            You don't need to convince me. If FIFA finds out you will be in a lawsuit and you have to convince a judge.

If you haven't talked to a lawyer you should do that first.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
              You don't need to convince me. If FIFA finds out you will be in a lawsuit and you have to convince a judge.

If you haven't talked to a lawyer you should do that first.
              I don’t need to concivnce you or anyone of anything. And this is not even my project, it’s my friend’s. You’re the one who inserted himself in this thread in the first place, trying to be cute and “mooch giri koni maslan”. I hate it when people act this way.

Comment

I must know when this is up and running, and I need pics of it live

Comment

I don’t need to concivnce you or anyone of anything. And this is not even my project, it’s my friend’s. You’re the one who inserted himself in this thread in the first place, trying to be cute and “mooch giri koni maslan”. I hate it when people act this way.
                  All good.
                  Do as you wish. But it's worth your time to talk to a lawyer before you put this in public.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                    All good.
                    Do as you wish. But it's worth your time to talk to a lawyer before you put this in public.
                    Don’t worry about it as I said. Boro ye subject jadid pedia kon dadash. I’m sure the folks in charge who went the distance to actually buy the pictures, know what is fair use and what is not. Anyways , I’m putting you on my ignore list now. Have a good life.

Comment

You are using their logos/pictures to promote something. You should check with FIFA or at minimum run it by an attorney. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                        You are using their logos/pictures to promote something. You should check with FIFA or at minimum run it by an attorney. Good luck.
                        First of all, it’s not my project, I’m just helping with it. Secondly, “promote something” is too general. You should read their guidelines on fair use for decorative purposes. The pictures are sold so that they can be used in print or for decoration. A poster of Team Melli , wishing them good luck, is not “commercial use”. Anyways, I’m done with this discussion. If anyone has a comment on the design etc, please share.

Comment

To the fellow Torontonians, a question: where can I buy a Shiro-Korshid flag to put on my car? I am assuming that Yonge/Finch plazas have it, but since I live far from there - just want to be sure.

Comment

^ definitely Super Khorak..
                            You can be 100% sure they have it.. heck they sell those year round

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              To the fellow Torontonians, a question: where can I buy a Shiro-Korshid flag to put on my car? I am assuming that Yonge/Finch plazas have it, but since I live far from there - just want to be sure.
                              When I was in Toronto last week, I went with my friend to Super Arzan in the Iranian plaza to buy a flag. We also checked with Super Khorak and they said that they would be bringing the car flags soon; I assume they have them by now. Just make sure that you get a 'non-defective' car flag since some of the flags are not properly hinged to the top of the plastic rod and keep sliding down.

Comment

Working...
                              X