Seyed jalal appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not believe jalal didnt make final cut. If he is out of TM, it is a very big loss. He has been my favorite CB for TM. He was rock solid every game except Bosnia where our team fell apart.
    I am very grateful for his services to TM and want to show my appreciation for seyed jalal the great CB.
    Jalal dooset dareem

he did well, but CQ might have a different opinion all together

Comment

Thank you for everything captain!!! I will never forget how many times you saved us.
      You deserved a better ending.

Comment

Thanks for everything now call buffon and pirlo and watch world cup together legends
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Best CB in history of the Iranian football! No one comes close! No one!!!

Everyone will understand it once he's completely out of football.

Comment

Great player, good luck to him
            He served us and made us happy and proud always i never forget his goals and heroic defending

God bless him and his family
            I still hope to see him in russia
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Best CB in history of the Iranian football! No one comes close! No one!!!

Everyone will understand it once he's completely out of football.
              I love Jalal, but Rezaei imo was just as good if not better.

Regardless, if this is the end for Jalal, he deserves a farewell match.

Comment

Good Iranian and player. He is not done yet, he can play for Asian Cup and his club.

Thanks for Jalal's service to Iranian football.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                  I love Jalal, but Rezaei imo was just as good if not better.
                  Rezaei was soorakh dude. He had several fatal mistakes in very important TM games, including giving a penalty away against Ireland and handling the ball in a lousy way which resulted in Mexico's second goal. Jalal had only 1 mistake and that was against Bosnia. The only reason people talk about Rezaei is because he played in Italy and did well there.

Look at this video of Mexico game's highlights for example. Look at minute 0:26. When the corner is taken, Rezaei (number 5) who should have marked Marquez, not only leaves him alone but instead of jumping and fighting for the ball, he turns away from it, resulting in Marquez having a dangerous shot with his head. The slow motion follows right after which shows the incident better.

Don't get me wrong. He played very well and at his best he was several levels above the rest of our defenders then, but he was very inconsistent in TM. Seyd Jalal was always rock solid without stupid acts of defending like the above video sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Rezaei was soorakh dude. He had several fatal mistakes in very important TM games, including giving a penalty away against Ireland and handling the ball in a lousy way which resulted in Mexico's second goal. Jalal had only 1 mistake and that was against Bosnia. The only reason people talk about Rezaei is because he played in Italy and did well there.

Look at this video of Mexico game's highlights for example. Look at minute 0:26. When the corner is taken, Rezaei (number 5) who should have marked Marquez, not only leaves him alone but instead of jumping and fighting for the ball, he turns away from it, resulting in Marquez having a dangerous shot with his head. The slow motion follows right after which shows the incident better.

Don't get me wrong. He played very well and at his best he was several levels above than the rest of our defenders then, but he was very inconsistent in TM. Seyd Jalal was always rock solid without stupid acts of defending like the above video sequence.
                    The defense on the second Mexican goal...so bad I will never forget it.

Comment

Still hurts to see the Mexico - Iran game from the 2006 World Cup.

How to give away an entire match in 3 minutes starter pack: Mirzapour and Rezaei in the back and Branco as coach.

We should have gotten 1 point from that match up until the final 15 minutes.

Comment

With the current TM and tactics, we would have won in that game 8 out of 10 times.

Comment

I still find it hard to believe he is not going to Russia. As I said before, I have agreed with so many of CQ's decisions but this one seems odd and out-of-character and I really do wonder if something has happened (I don't believe the "give young players a chance" spiel, that doesn't work for centre-backs).

But if this was the end of his time for TM, he deserves a testimonial (after the WC) because he has been an absolute stalwart for TM. The number of times his orb of a head and scary too-close eyes have bailed us out from matches over the last decade - he has been an absolute rock for us.

Comment

Thank you Seyed Jalal - you are a legend.
                            Even if CQ didn't want to start him I wish he had been bought along as a sub. He deserves a big farewell match.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Still hurts to see the Mexico - Iran game from the 2006 World Cup.

How to give away an entire match in 3 minutes starter pack: Mirzapour and Rezaei in the back and Branco as coach.

We should have gotten 1 point from that match up until the final 15 minutes.
                              don't forget to mention ali karimi starting a fight in the locker room during half time. that game was ours to win
                              SHOW TIME!

Comment

Working...
                              X