Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other World Cup Teams Friendlies (May Month)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Doesn't AEK have a cup game this week? Really surprised they let their players go for this.
    Saudis clearly paid good money.
    It was on 12th of May and they lost to PAOK 0-2

Comment

It sucks when we have to envy Saudi Arabia's preparation.

Comment

Other World Cup Teams Friendlies (May Month)

I wonder if this is Greece’s C team or they were bribed to lose to boost the morals of these camel urine drinkers

[url]https://youtu.be/F4La6sHTZes[/url]
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

It is very clear that the 8-0ers saudied the ref.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            It is very clear that the 8-0ers saudied the ref.
            They didn't even play their A-team (C-teams/D-teams?) while the Saudies did

Comment

we need to stop complaining about our preparation. We were never gonna get top friendlies (although I am surprised we couldnt get one with croatia). We did prepare ourselves very well for our final, the morocco match. People keep acting as if playing the likes of germany, argentina will help us in our most important game which is vs morocco. We are totally prepared for that game. We played Algeria and Tunisia, both of whom have a similar style and level. Both of them also fielded their A teams, and we got to test many players against them. We have inside knowledge of the portugal team that nobody else could have bc of CQ, and a similarly intimate knowledge of spain bc CQ coached real madrid. Very few teams can prepare us for spain, but I think Greece and Turkey are honestly a pretty similar level to portugal minus ronaldo. Plus we have good prep if we get to the next round, because we faced two south american teams (if we get uruguay), russia (if we get russia), and north african teams (if we get egypt).

The players are now arriving for a 30 day camp, 30+ for some, and we will have the best training camp available (supposed to be italy's) at lokomotiv moscows base, meaning central location and easy travel. Teams like Egypt are based in fucking grozny, that is far from ideal.

CQ has selected a good, strong squad, with a starting 11 that is almost exclusively european based. Those players are ready and 30 days is more than enough time for them. Really we are looking at 3-5 players from PP or SS which already play at a decent level week in week out in terms of european level coaching, that will be contributing to the first team either by starting or coming off the bench. These players will probably be 1 center back (Hosseini, idk how much more you can prepare this guy anyways) 1 GK (again prep doesnt matter for whoever this will be, their level will not change based on any training camp), one defensive midfielder (this player is only going to be used for one fucking match, and this 30 days will be crucial for whoever this turns out to be), and possibly one right back (Ghafouri, who is at a good level physically and will be competing with an in form european based rezaeian so not worried about this either). Besides that maybe one domestic based winger will be used off the bench, they will need to be ready for that. Everybody else will be euro based.

Enough complaints, our preparation, friendlies, camps, personnel, are all much better than ever before. Now is time to show the world what we can do, lets just get behind TM.

Comment

There is and always will be politics in sports.

Players should play a fair game and be proud of being in World Cup. This is an experience of life time.

I am happy Iran will be in World Cup. IFF will earn some money to pay coaches and some of expenses. Public also needs to support our team. I do not care about other countries' preparation, especially Saudis.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Inarsenwetrust

I have been saying the same thing for weeks

We have everything we need and now it’s time for CQ and the team to show us results.

Comment

Working...
                  X