Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup bolters: Daniel Arzani, Lee Seung-woo, Steven Beitashour earn surprise call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well according to legiuners.ir's Instagram account which is also followed by Daniel Arzani, he claimed that he never got a call from the Iranian federation. He continues by saying if he had been called up for teammelli before, he'd have taken the chance, since it'd be an honour to play for TM. However he says he knows Iranian people will be upset by his decision now, but he couldn't resist anymore because he doesn't know whether he'd get the chance again to play at a world cup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Biy34tZlVda/
    ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Arzani has chosen to represent Australia, he is an Australian citizen, an Australian. As it happens i have zero interest in Australia and Australian football, the country might serve as a fun destination for a holiday some day though, but that's it.

Comment

I would only consider playing for Iran if I was an athlete. Arzani chose differently.

It is time to collectively purge Arzani's existence from our minds and move on.

Comment

Please respect each other

We must respect each other and not fight over having different opinions.
          In my opinion, Arzani chose what was best for him and his situation and no one should fault him for his decision. Obviously as a true lover of Iran and the holy sacred name of Iran, I would want every eligible talented player to choose Iran over any other nation. But I respect Arzani’s decision and wish him the best except for when and if he plays against Iran.
          I am also surprised about Beitashour’s inclusion, either He will be a reserve in case of injury to Ramin or voria or Carlos may be using his creative soccer genius mind for other ideas like perhaps trying him as DM as we dont have anyone besides ezatollahi who stands out in that position. It is So unfortunate he can not play in our opener against Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            Yeah, so what?!

First of all, it was not my choice to move here, but now I do have built my life and familiy over here, so it's hard to move anywhere else (I have thought about it though and am still considering it).
            Second, I have been born and raised in Iran and consider myself fully Iranian.
            Third, I don't have anything Dutch in me, not culturally, not sentimentally, nothing in terms of their norms and values...nothing! If that's what I feel, what can I do? I'm not your typical ass-kissing wannabe Italian Persheeyaannn who would even sell out their own mothers to get some recognition from some whities.

If tomorrow I'd move and lived in the Democratic Republic of Congo for 5-6 years, would that make Congolese?! Would that mean that I would have to take over their culture, habits, norms and values even though it goes totally against my own?!
            My comment was about what you said regarding your son. It is unfair to put such pressure on him if he had to chose between Holland and Iran. You made the decision for yourself and your family to live in Holland. Yet you will not let your son make his own decision. You are being a hypocrite.
            As for Arzani, the kid has been raised in Australia. Australia has created the football star he is. The only connection he has to Iran is via his parents and you guys expect him to chose Iran regardless? Give me a break.

Comment

As an Iranian Team Melli fanatic inside of me, screw Arzani. The fan in me felt betrayed by his decision.

However, I understand this was a tough decision he had to make and he is showing loyalty to Aussi since he learned and played football there.

Comment

Originally posted by shahin2000 View Post
                My comment was about what you said regarding your son. It is unfair to put such pressure on him if he had to chose between Holland and Iran. You made the decision for yourself and your family to live in Holland. Yet you will not let your son make his own decision. You are being a hypocrite.
                As for Arzani, the kid has been raised in Australia. Australia has created the football star he is. The only connection he has to Iran is via his parents and you guys expect him to chose Iran regardless? Give me a break.
                I don't even care about him and I'm glad he chose Australia. If he doesn't feel any connection to Iran then goore ammash and let's move on.

As for my son, we are raising him Iranian and I am 99.9999% sure that he himself would never choose to play for any other country than Iran. If he'd some day as an adult would somehow choose to play for Holland (which I can not imagine he'd do), I would of coursr be very upset and do my best to convince him otherwise, but it'd still be his own choice. Or did you think I was serious about disinheriting him over this?! Lol

But I don't have anything to worry about. Even at this age I can say with confidence that he'd choose Iran and not even consider any other team. He's already a die hard Esteghlali and already says he would never ever play for PP. One time his mom messed around with him and as a joke said that he's going to play for PP later and he got really upset and started crying (he had just turned 4 back then).
                Last edited by Amin_; 05-15-2018, 08:19 AM.
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
                  Well according to legiuners.ir's Instagram account which is also followed by Daniel Arzani, he claimed that he never got a call from the Iranian federation. He continues by saying if he had been called up for teammelli before, he'd have taken the chance, since it'd be an honour to play for TM. However he says he knows Iranian people will be upset by his decision now, but he couldn't resist anymore because he doesn't know whether he'd get the chance again to play at a world cup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Biy34tZlVda/
                  i dont know man, i wouldnt have mind it, if things actually went down as he claims here..!
                  from his rather Sleazy remarks in his more recent interviews in Aussie media, it definitely seemed to me as DahNial essentially only used his iranian connection in order to Expedite his invite into Aussi national team..!
                  had he made those khayemali comments towards TM and Iran, no doubt CQ/or his Staff woulda contacted him and woulda clarified to him how he fitted within TM picture and what was gonna be his chances for getting a call up and all the how & whens of the matter ..!
                  Besides in his interview CQ made it abundantly clear, that he knew who Arzani was and the fact that because he could play for Iran he was indeed being monitored closely by his staff...!! and more importantly he gave Duh-Nial a clear message that he First had to decide and make clear/orate about which National team his Allegiance Lies???? and the fact that the Player himself must make that decision first and then depending on his positive reaction to TM then he was going to be Contacted and told the process of joining..! CQ pretty much told him that he is being monitored closely (meaning we rate you as possible TM player) but sonny boy, you must first go Figure Out which side you Prefer to play for ...!!
                  Dah-nial clearly Chose Aussies over Iran and there is no question about that.... plain and simple ..! Now he may well not make the WC cut and not get cap-tied by aussies and somehow could well change his mind and decide to play for Iran after first trying his luck with aussies???
                  thats still quiet possible like Beita did, but Duh-nial didnt handle the situation with near the necessary class and diplomacy as Dejagha, or Ghodoos who faced similar situation, did..!

Comment

I don't know what type of Turks you know, but the ones I know (at least 90% of them) hated him, and at one point just didn't really care for him anymore.

For me it's too late, but if my youngest son ever comes in a situation where he would have both options to consider (Iran and the Netherlands), I would kick his ass and then disinherit him if he would even only for 1 second think about or consider Holland as an option.
                    Even if Holland would have qualified for a WC and Iran didn't and he would have the option to play for them in a WC, I would still tell him not to (and he's been born here and has a part Dutch in him).

The same way he would never consider playing for PP!

It's Iran and Esteghlal only (well, more like any club besides PP), or nothing else!
                    Ladies and gentlemen [emoji115] that is true example of patriotism
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I don't even care about him and I'm glad he chose Australia. If he doesn't feel any connection to Iran then goore ammash and let's move on.
                      As for my son, we are raising him Iranian and I am 99.9999% sure that he himself would never choose to play for any other country than Iran. If he'd some day as an adult would somehow choose to play for Holland (which I can not imagine he'd do), I would of coursr be very upset and do my best to convince him otherwise, but it'd still be his own choice. Or did you think I was serious about disinheriting him over this?! Lol
                      But I don't have anything to worry about. Even at this age I can say with confidence that he'd choose Iran and not even consider any other team. He's already a die hard Esteghlali and already says he would never ever play for PP. One time his mom messed around with him and as a joke said that he's going to play for PP later and he got really upset and started crying (he had just turned 4 back then).
                      You're my kinda guy!!! Wish we had more Iranians like you man. I hope i'm not being rude or personal, but is your wife Iranian aswell or does she have an Iranian background? I'm asking this because right now i have a Bosnian girlfriend and she's great, but what i'm wondering is if i get to settle down with her can i raise my kids as Iranian or comprimise. In case your wife is not Iranian, you'd be the living example that it is possible! I really tried to find an Iranian girlfriend, but never met the right one unfortunately

Comment

My son follows both Iran and the US's national teams although as of late every time we play soccer against each other he picks Iran and does a lineup for them (and forces me to do a lineup for whatever team I am that day). He might even be a PFDC member and active poster.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

arzani choosse aus because he know aus is weaker than iran and he has a higher chance of playing in world cup. he is young and CQ dont take such risks, we saw azmoun did not make the 2014 squad. ghoddos due to his experience is going to play for iran and if he did not have experience he would not had played also. in conclusion, arzani choose the fastest way to play in world cup and that was Aus. he will start in world cup most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                            I dont understand why we can't be like the turks when it comes to Arzani? I havent until this day met a single turk who hates Özil because he plays for Germany, in fact all of them love Özil.

starting from 1:25, you will be convinced of the contrary.

As this short clip is in German, some quotes:

"he is not a German, he is a Turk" "But he is born in Germany?" "It doesn't matter, we have pride and history, his mother is a Turk"

after he scored against Turkey:
                            "you son of a bitch"
                            "Mesut Ozil is an asshole, he is not a Turk...."
                            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                              You're my kinda guy!!! Wish we had more Iranians like you man. I hope i'm not being rude or personal, but is your wife Iranian aswell or does she have an Iranian background? I'm asking this because right now i have a Bosnian girlfriend and she's great, but what i'm wondering is if i get to settle down with her can i raise my kids as Iranian or comprimise. In case your wife is not Iranian, you'd be the living example that it is possible! I really tried to find an Iranian girlfriend, but never met the right one unfortunately
                              Ghorbanet!

As for my wife: No, she's not Iranian. She's half Turkish half Dutch, but culturally she's way more Turkish (and hence closer to Iranian norms, values and culture) than Dutch. She is trying to learn Farsi and she has no problem at all with us raising our kids Iranian, although she sometimes also speaks Turkish with them (and English of course) as it never hurts to have kids who speak multiple languages.

The family on her Dutch side are not your typical cold Dutch people either. They're warm hearted and welcoming people.

I've tried dating Iranian girls but I've had only bad experiences with them. I don't like the typical princess behaviour a lot of Iranian girls have nowadays to give one example (of course there are a lot of great and normal Iranian girls too) and many of them try too hard to act as Dutch and have abondoned their Iranian heritage, values and culture (again, it's just based on personal experience with Iranian-Dutch girls).

Good luck with your Bosnian gf. Bosnians in general are really nice and welcoming people with high family values.
                              Last edited by Amin_; 05-16-2018, 12:24 AM.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

If a Dutch person was born in India would they consider themselves Dutch or Indian?

Comment

Working...
                                X